Gallifreyan, Its bigger on the inside. Pics of Finished Airbrushed Case on pg 3

Syraz

I'm not a crazy who fan, but I do enjoy it. Subbed.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

We both posted at same time so hush...

I am on cold meds and the shift key was so far away

Just messin' with you mate, chillax! ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Dayem! You've got 45 members, including myself, following this thread of yours. Now, if that doesn't get Linus' attention I don't know what will. :o

the amount of effort that people put into their computers these days is crazy, nice job with the air brushing

Just you wait until the day I have a decent, well paying job.

Glass tubing custom water loop, hand blown, in a custom case. Not a small form factor or anything, absolute balls out insanely beautiful loop. Custom made UV reactive plexiglass motherboard tray, EVERYTHING (SSD's and HDD's) water cooled.

I am going to go absolutely insane on a PC when I get the money. I am gonna shoot for like.... a $20k build

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Edit: Did I mention that the primary loop would be cooled by a secondary loop?!

dr-evil.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Dayem! You've got 45 members, including myself, following this thread of yours. Now, if that doesn't get Linus' attention I don't know what will. :o

Well I got him to mention this project on #mod24 during them answering tweets and could have sworn I heard Luke say "It is also on the forums" so I think they know lol thats what I keep telling myself

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

Well I got him to mention this project on #mod24 during them answering tweets and could have sworn I heard Luke say "It is also on the forums" so I think they know lol thats what I keep telling myself

gratz

From this day I declare that this build will rule all other builds and be crowned.....*drumroll*.....'BUILD OF THE WEEK'! :D B)

From this day I declare that this build will rule all other builds and be crowned.....*drumroll*.....'BUILD OF THE WEEK'! :D B)

Just you wait until I get my hands on $20k, and contact a scientific glass blower with the ability to hand blow quartz glass tubing.

OH WOW THIS IS GREAT! How have I missed it?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I don't know, but you've missed out.

Just you wait until I get my hands on $20k, and contact a scientific glass blower with the ability to hand blow quartz glass tubing.

And when that happens I shall declare that build of yours.....*drumroll*.....'Build Of The Year'. B) ;)

I know how, you were too busy sneaking into Linus' house attempting to steal that Puget Systems watercooling rig he has. :P :lol:

And when that happens I shall declare that build of yours.....*drumroll*.....'Build Of The Year'. B) ;)

Oh no, I am shooting for build of the decade with my plans.

Imagine a case similar to the caselabs magnum STH10, with all the add ons for rads and what not, but with a more "industrial" style theme, minimum of eight 480mm rads, and a single 140 (rear exhaust, or maybe read 280mm rear). All glass 100% quartz glass tubing on the loop, custom water blocks, as many SSD's as I can cram into it, the x99 equivalent for when I build it, etc.

I want people to look at it and go "I want to ask why....but I can't look away...."

the theme will be "mad scientist"

Ha thanks!! donno how you missed it.  Even though work kicking my arse these days trying to get more and more done would love to get it done by next month PDXLan

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

Oh no, I am shooting for build of the decade with my plans.

Imagine a case similar to the caselabs magnum STH10, with all the add ons for rads and what not, but with a more "industrial" style theme, minimum of eight 480mm rads, and a single 140 (rear exhaust, or maybe read 280mm rear). All glass 100% quartz glass tubing on the loop, custom water blocks, as many SSD's as I can cram into it, the x99 equivalent for when I build it, etc.

I want people to look at it and go "I want to ask why....but I can't look away...."

the theme will be "mad scientist"

Awe! That is a FREAKING AWESOME case! That is gonna be super cool if you manage to do it. I'll certainly follow that build log. B)

I know how, you were too busy sneaking into Linus' house attempting to steal that Puget Systems watercooling rig he has. :P :lol:

Sssshhhhh.....

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Awe! That is a FREAKING AWESOME case! That is gonna be super cool if you manage to do it. I'll certainly follow that build log. B)

If I am lucky, I'll be building it in like, 5 years. Currently I can't decide on a color scheme. I was thinking purple and orange. Black case, purple background lighting, and orange coolant and accents.

Although purple and "radioactive waste" green would be equally sexy.

Sssshhhhh.....

Oh! Did I just say that? My bad! :P LOL

If I am lucky, I'll be building it in like, 5 years. Currently I can't decide on a color scheme. I was thinking purple and orange. Black case, purple background lighting, and orange coolant and accents.

Although purple and "radioactive waste" green would be equally sexy.

Cool beans! Can't wait. Although I'm not sure it'll cost you $20K for all that, but I could be wrong. Unless you're gonna make sure that you spend $20K on it for bragging rights. :D

Cool beans! Can't wait. Although I'm not sure it'll cost you $20K for all that, but I could be wrong. Unless you're gonna make sure that you spend $20K on it for bragging rights. :D

Well, custom stainless steel case, cut with either waterjet or laserjet, with a custom UV reactive motherboard tray (think of those translucent lego's that light up under black light), combined with the cost of having a scientific grade glassblower (which I assume will be most of the cost) hand make the cooling loop (as well as install it), I should easily meet that price. I'm planning to use all SSD's to have more storage than I would likely ever need. all water cooled just because swag

A scientific glass blower

My favorite video of quartz glass "blowing", which has to be done with hydrogen gas specifically because of the temp's needed for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcu0jIPt1y4

That second machine, I love engineers sometimes.

Ah, yeah, I've seen those. It'd be cool if you manage do it. B)

@Trik'Stari

Ah, yeah, I've seen those. It'd be cool if you manage do it. B)

@Trik'Stari

Seen a glass tubing water cooling loop? WHERE?!

I've looked for them online, but haven't seen any. I've asked if it has been done before one some glass blowing forums, and people say it has been done, but I can find no evidence of it. The only issue I foresee is hardware failure, and the delicate attempt to remove said hardware. I tried doing some glass blowing myself a while back, when I had a job, and it just did not work out because I didn't have the right kind of torch for it, and it is about a thousand times more difficult than it looks on youtube.

Seen a glass tubing water cooling loop? WHERE?!

Well, I meant that I've seen glass blowing in general.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm amazed the screwdriver hasn't died on you. I have that thing and the metal used for the bits is so weak, when I tried to screw in my SSD's in to the bracket, the metal just got stripped away (On the bit! not even the screw) until I had just a roundish screwdriver tip.