A better smartwatch then any smartwatch

kuddlesworth9419

Wasn't there a lot of controversy with this company not too long ago regarding the product not getting shipped out....? Or am I thinking of something else. Android Authority had a picture of the guy with a Ferrari, which turned out to have been misconstrued.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Pocket smartwatch or GTFO

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Really beautifull watch. Things like this are the only option if the battery life of "classic" smartwatches bothers you... If the quality of the components and the manufacturing is up to standard with other major mechanical watch makers (I'm not talking Rolex or some other super expensive stuff, but something like Swatch or something like that would work...) I think the price is about right for the basic model... Do not forget this is a smartwatch inside a mechanical watch, so if you think that a smartwatch costs about 250 $ you pay "just" 250/300 dollar for the mechanical part... And if the mechanics are good that amount money is not that much... I don't say it's for everyone, but if you are already a watch-wearer I'll give it more than one thought...

@ Dizmo

3 atm = 20 meters deep.  1 atm from the air and another 2 from the 20m of water.

And I would quote, but the forum doesn't function properly at my office. xD

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

Have fun with your smartwatch that you overpayed for!

I am not interested in buying any smart wearable or smartphone for that matter. I just wanted to inform people that there are actually some interesting idea other than some over hyped piece of fake crap you buy while on holiday in Thailand. Yes I am talking about the Apple watch and all the other watches. Overpriced garbage. Even this is overpriced but at least you get good craftsmanship in the movement itself. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I am not interested in buying any smart wearable or smartphone for that matter. I just wanted to inform people that there are actually some interesting idea other than some over hyped piece of fake crap you buy while on holiday in Thailand. Yes I am talking about the Apple watch and all the other watches. Overpriced garbage. Even this is overpriced but at least you get good craftsmanship in the movement itself. 

Wasn't directing it at just you, was to anyone who bought the watch...

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Wasn't directing it at just you, was to anyone who bought the watch...

Yea I know but I was kind of trying to give a reason for making this post. Personally I don't see the point at all in a smartwatch. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

THIS IS WHAT AN EXPENSIVE SMARTWATCH SHOULD BE

To all those saying 'watches aren't cheap so the iWatch is justified', THIS is what makes a high price justifiable, not some fucking brand or whatever.

Yea I know but I was kind of trying to give a reason for making this post. Personally I don't see the point at all in a smartwatch. 

BLASPHEMY

But in all honesty, Smartwatches are more of a 'hey, you guys who wear watches, wouldn't it be cool if it was smarter than your children?' type thing.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

Too expensive for me but I know that some people can easily spend that much on a watch. Considering it's a smartwatch and a mechanical watch at the same package, it's actually cheaper than I would have expected.

They suffer from something that Apple is trying to fix though, and it's that they're all very manly-looking. Sure there'll be exceptions but I can't really see women liking this design.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I've seen these before, really like the concept but I'm not going to pre-order something based on pre-renders. 

They suffer from something that Apple is trying to fix though, and it's that they're all very manly-looking. Sure there'll be exceptions but I can't really see women liking this design.

Uh, better than having your only watch on offer be feminine-looking, (COUGH Moto 360 COUGH) as I predict the majority of smartwatch early adopters will be male.

Up until now I've never even seen a masculine smartwatch. This is literally the first*. So it's got an entire demographic all to itself. (Unisex watches notwithstanding)

*There are plenty that are 'fits all' but none that are manly, like this one.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Uh, better than having your only watch on offer be feminine-looking, (COUGH Moto 360 COUGH) as I predict the majority of smartwatch early adopters will be male.

Up until now I've never even seen a masculine smartwatch. This is literally the first*. So it's got an entire demographic all to itself. (Unisex watches notwithstanding)

*There are plenty that are 'fits all' but none that are manly, like this one.

If anything I'd say the Moto 360 has the most unisex design of all so far. It just seems less clunky and squared. Apple at least rounded it out a lot.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Interesting concept, but I'll wait to see how it actually performs.

Rather sad that it's only 3 ATM water resistant.

It's also quite fat.

You know that that is 30m, which is 98.5 feet? That's pretty standard among watches for water resistance. It's a smart watch, not a SCUBA dive watch :P

EDIT: Also, most other smart watches are only rated to 1m (IP67).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

why does it say mechancal 42 hr? does that mean you have to rewind it up every two days?

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

Damm if it wasn't that expensive i would get my dad one for xmas. 

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

That is freaking awesome. Also, to all those complaining about the price, $550 is pocket change in the mechanical watch world. This is still considered budget.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

If anything I'd say the Moto 360 has the most unisex design of all so far. It just seems less clunky and squared. Apple at least rounded it out a lot.

There's nothing like a completely round face and a too narrow band to say "hey look, I'm for women"

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Have fun with your smartwatch that you overpayed for!

Its not overpaying for anything, it just sells at a premium price for premium features.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

My reactions in this order:

*sees design* oooOOOOHHHHH

*sees mechanical-ness alongside smartwatch-ness* aaaAAAAhhhhHHHH

*sees claimed battery life* YESSSSSS

*sees price*   Lol_lololol_meme_gif.gif

In theory, this is a great idea. Combining the analog mechanics of a normal watch with the software/hardware of a smart watch is a pretty smart way to tackle the design and battery issues of current smart watches... but that price makes Apple look like a budget brand. I'll most likely be picking up a Moto360 and save myself $400 in the process.

id get this over any smart watch ive see so far it looks like awesome

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

There's nothing like a completely round face and a too narrow band to say "hey look, I'm for women"

I guess that's why all men buy hexagonal watches.