A better smartwatch then any smartwatch

kuddlesworth9419

Yeah, it's ok but better wait for the version that will have wireless recharge capabilities.

I love how there website is all concept videos and PR advertisements and they have already started accepting preorders. 

If they show me the real product in action I might consider it when it comes out late next year. For now I'm going to get the Moto 360. 

There's nothing like a completely round face and a too narrow band to say "hey look, I'm for women"

Square faces are hideous to me, I always get round faces. With leather straps as well, becasue they're way more comfortable to me than metal ones. Starting to think you called me a woman with that O3o

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I was about to make a flame post, but this is amazing. How much is it?

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

Square faces are hideous to me, I always get round faces. With leather straps as well, becasue they're way more comfortable to me than metal ones. Starting to think you called me a woman with that O3o

Notice the "and".

As in "combined with". Round works for men, as long as the band is wide enough proportionally.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I was about to make a flame post, but this is amazing. How much is it?

Oh it's like 500 bucks, unless you want the fancy version. :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Oh it's like 500 bucks, unless you want the fancy version. :P

removed it from my wishlist, too expensive.

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

• 2 weeks later...

*sees the watch* Wow, this is actually really good *looks at the price* wat

Plenty of watches of this calibre (excuse the movement pun) are comparable price wise, so the fact that this is a "smart watch" as well makes it a good value in my eyes.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

I just creamed myself

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

why does it say mechancal 42 hr? does that mean you have to rewind it up every two days?

It is an Automatic movement for the analogue watch, which means it is powered by stored energy from the movement of your wrist. The 42hr part means that the Automatic movement has a 42hr power reserve, for when you are not moving.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Seems nice, but it's really only for people who're obsessed with a mechanical watch, but want a smart watch.

Also, I love my Pebble too much :D

That thing is fugly. Jesus.

If you're going to make a smart watch it has to look good without borrowing the reasons why mechanical watches look good. You have to let the watch be a watch. Don't carry over unnecessary design baggage that only weights down your product. Imitating mechanical watches is a physical manifestation of skeuomorphism. That's what's wrong with the Moto 360.

My current watch (just an average Festina) has a 30mm diameter dial and is 9mm thick.  Suits me just fine.  I'm prepared to get something a bit bigger, but the dimensions of that Kairos (46 and 16.5mm) are just ridiculous.

With that price, I can buy another overpriced iPhone; not that I'm going to buy another iPhone.