Thank you Linus

maxib7

Going into my Sophomore year of high school I didn't know what I was going to do with my life at all, and one day I was watching youtube videos  when I came across a LinusTech video   (I can't remember which one). It looked interesting and I started watching more. Soon I wanted to build my own computer because he made it look so easy and fun. So that Christmas I got all the parts together and built my first computer (It was awesome!). That sparked a love for technology that kept me wanting to learn more, and it caused me to stumble upon programming which became a bit of an obsession for a while; and still is a passion of mine. This new passion gave me new motivation to learn and want more out of life. I actually wanted to do something with my life now.

So here I am today. I have been talking to a couple recruiters and I'm hoping to join the NROTC program and go to Ohio State to major in computer(software) engineering (or possibly computer science but there still kind of similar majors) and join the Marine Corps to become an officer (the recruiters tell me my chances are good so I'm hopeful. Even if that doesn't work out, I still have backup plans but no matter what at least I know what I want to do with my life. If it wasn't for LinusTech I still probably wouldn't know what to do after high school.

**NROTC is a program which gives you a large scholarship to select colleges and in return you sign up to do Officer Candidate School in the Marines after college to put it very simply

here's a link to it if anyone's interested https://www.marines.com/becoming-a-marine/commissioning-programs/four-year-colleges/nrotc

No... I'm not ready for my thread to die, not yet.... nooooo......

Going into my Sophomore year of high school I didn't know what I was going to do with my life at all, and one day I was watching youtube videos  when I came across a LinusTech video   (I can't remember which one). It looked interesting and I started watching more. Soon I wanted to build my own computer because he made it look so easy and fun. So that Christmas I got all the parts together and built my first computer (It was awesome!). That sparked a love for technology that kept me wanting to learn more, and it caused me to stumble upon programming which became a bit of an obsession for a while; and still is a passion of mine. This new passion gave me new motivation to learn and want more out of life. I actually wanted to do something with my life now.

So here I am today. I have been talking to a couple recruiters and I'm hoping to join the NROTC program and go to Ohio State to major in computer(software) engineering (or possibly computer science but there still kind of similar majors) and join the Marine Corps to become an officer (the recruiters tell me my chances are good so I'm hopeful. Even if that doesn't work out, I still have backup plans but no matter what at least I know what I want to do with my life. If it wasn't for LinusTech I still probably wouldn't know what to do after high school.

**NROTC is a program which gives you a large scholarship to select colleges and in return you sign up to do Officer Candidate School in the Marines after college to put it very simply

here's a link to it if anyone's interested https://www.marines.com/becoming-a-marine/commissioning-programs/four-year-colleges/nrotc

I'm enrolled in that program too! Great program :)

Although, I'm a NJROTC cadet, since I'm a minor. 

Hope things work out well for you.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Not sure if Linus realizes how hes inspired people. One thing is having 1,000,000 subscribers, and another is inspiring just a few very passionate people.

I'm enrolled in that program too! Great program :)

Although, I'm a NJROTC cadet, since I'm a minor. 

Hope things work out well for you.

I'm not enrolled yet but do you want to be in the marines or navy because I think it's for the navy too

I'm not enrolled yet but do you want to be in the marines or navy because I think it's for the navy too

I'm only a freshman at my high school so I really can't suggest you which sector to join. 

Really, it depends on what you prefer.

I learn about the Navy and follow Navy protocols.

There is the Army ROTC, Air Force ROTC, and so on.

If you want to be a soldier as a career, that's a different story. 

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

I'm only a freshman at my high school so I really can't suggest you which sector to join. 

Really, it depends on what you prefer.

I learn about the Navy and follow Navy protocols.

There is the Army ROTC, Air Force ROTC, and so on.

If you want to be a soldier as a career, that's a different story. 

I could only ever be in the marines. I know so many marines right now and they're a big part of my school

well this is one of the better open thank you letters I've read

thanks!  :)

I hope Linus sees this, I think he would be really happy to see how he has inspired some people.

Going into my Sophomore year of high school I didn't know what I was going to do with my life at all, and one day I was watching youtube videos when I came across a LinusTech video (I can't remember which one). It looked interesting and I started watching more. Soon I wanted to build my own computer because he made it look so easy and fun. So that Christmas I got all the parts together and built my first computer (It was awesome!). That sparked a love for technology that kept me wanting to learn more, and it caused me to stumble upon programming which became a bit of an obsession for a while; and still is a passion of mine. This new passion gave me new motivation to learn and want more out of life. I actually wanted to do something with my life now.

Glad to see another thankful post rather then those annoyed complaining posts about this forum or Linus. :)

BTW, you need to put an "@" before Linus' username if you want him to be tagged ;). I'll do it for you. :)

@LinusTech

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Well done @maxib7, Keep up the good work.

thanks!

SAME except im a freshman :(

except i aint going to ohio state and i live in ohio to dang small world

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

I'm a middle school senior (8th grade, just started it), and Linus has inspired me so much. THANK YOU @LinusTech PLUS TELL SLICK I SAID HAI :)

@LinusTech you need to see this

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

• 2 weeks later...

Awww this is nice :)

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois

I like reading these kind of posts. Congratulations buddy! Glad you found your passion. Stick with it I am a Network admin for a oil company and I enjoy my job so I am sure you will like working in tech also.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

I'm a middle school senior (8th grade, just started it), and Linus has inspired me so much. THANK YOU @LinusTech PLUS TELL SLICK I SAID HAI :)

I also just started 8th grade.

I also just started 8th grade.

SAME AGE HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

I'm very sad that the military has to offer you payment for your studies and asks for service in return. That goverment you have over there in the US is really outdated. I don't wanna start a discussion about this, I'm glad you found the right way for you in your life. ;)

who cares...

.... I'm hoping to join the NROTC program and go to Ohio State .... and join the Marine Corps to become an officer 

My father is a retired Marine officer of 25 years.   He loved being on active duty.  

Your goal is fantastic and I applaud your drive.  

Thank you for your willingness and courage to defend my country and my freedom. 

My father is a retired Marine officer of 25 years.   He loved being on active duty.  

Your goal is fantastic and I applaud your drive.  

Thank you for your willingness and courage to defend my country and my freedom. 

thanks man its really awesome to hear that