Thank you Linus

maxib7

I'm very sad that the military has to offer you payment for your studies and asks for service in return. That goverment you have over there in the US is really outdated. I don't wanna start a discussion about this, I'm glad you found the right way for you in your life. ;)

I could have gotten scholarships and still went to college with very little debt but I wanted to join the Marines anyhow so I thought this was a sweet deal

No... I'm not ready for my thread to die, not yet.... nooooo......

I like reading these kind of posts. Congratulations buddy! Glad you found your passion. Stick with it I am a Network admin for a oil company and I enjoy my job so I am sure you will like working in tech also.

thanks  :D

Going into my Sophomore year of high school I didn't know what I was going to do with my life at all, and one day I was watching youtube videos  when I came across a LinusTech video   (I can't remember which one). It looked interesting and I started watching more. Soon I wanted to build my own computer because he made it look so easy and fun. So that Christmas I got all the parts together and built my first computer (It was awesome!). That sparked a love for technology that kept me wanting to learn more, and it caused me to stumble upon programming which became a bit of an obsession for a while; and still is a passion of mine. This new passion gave me new motivation to learn and want more out of life. I actually wanted to do something with my life now.

So here I am today. I have been talking to a couple recruiters and I'm hoping to join the NROTC program and go to Ohio State to major in computer(software) engineering (or possibly computer science but there still kind of similar majors) and join the Marine Corps to become an officer (the recruiters tell me my chances are good so I'm hopeful. Even if that doesn't work out, I still have backup plans but no matter what at least I know what I want to do with my life. If it wasn't for LinusTech I still probably wouldn't know what to do after high school.

**NROTC is a program which gives you a large scholarship to select colleges and in return you sign up to do Officer Candidate School in the Marines after college to put it very simply

here's a link to it if anyone's interested https://www.marines.com/becoming-a-marine/commissioning-programs/four-year-colleges/nrotc

Thanks for the super cool message. Love reading stuff like this :)

Thanks for the super cool message. Love reading stuff like this :)

omg! your awesome thank you so much!!!  :lol:

**edit** darn, hope I didn't sound too fan-girly