What to ask for birthday... yes I know... stupid question

PhilBoisvert

Ok guys... it's my birthday in month and I don't know what to ask for it. Let's get one thing straight... I am not one of thos 13 years old spoiled brat (sorry to all 13 years old), I am 21, in an appartment and studying engeneering. My mom does not like to give only money for birthday. She absolutly want to give something else (same thing for christmas btw -_-). I know I am probably going to have money and a groceary giftcard. Do you have an idea about something PRACTICAL if possible and nothing past 100$ if possible (cause i know what money is worth and i don't want them to over spend on a simple gift) My mother suck in english by the way, we live in Québec, Canada. She would not be able to order online, that would kill the magic if I had to help her... you know.

If you want to discuss whatever else go ahead, i am drinking a microbrewery beer, porter 10% alcool... Porter baltique from the microbrewer ''les trois mousquetere'' often put amongst the top 5 porter in the world. ( I am tipsy)

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

Wow....what an ass. Welcome to the real world elitist.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Ok guys... it's my birthday in month and I don't know what to ask for it. Let's get one thing straight... I am not one of thos 13 years old spoiled brat (sorry to all 13 years old), I am 21, in an appartment and my mom does not like to give only money for birthday, She absolutly want to give something else (same thing for christmas btw -_-). I know I am probably going to have money and a groceary giftcard. Do you have an idea about something PRACTICAL if possible and nothing past 100$ if possible (cause i know what money is worth and i don't want them to over spend on a simple gift) My mother suck in english by the way, we live in Québec, Canada. She would not be able to order online, that would kill the magic if I had to help her... you know.

If you want to discuss whatever else go ahead, i am drinking as microbrewery beer, porter 10% alcool... Porter baltique from the microbrewer ''les trois mousquetere'' often put amongst the top 5 porter in the world.

What are your interests?

My uncle never wants anything because he has everything he wants so he justs writes "Socks and Boxers" in every wish list.

You can always use socks and boxers.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Wait, what?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

ask yourself to give your mum a huge hug, to thank her for your 21 years of life on this planet we call nectron. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

You have changed your status update a hundred times today....You aren't in the real world anymore dude;-)

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Wait, what?

He sat there and basically told everyone how much money means....like we don't know?

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

If you have an apple device (such as an iPhone) check out the apple tv, $100 I think

btw, I live in Québec too ^_^

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

You have changed your status update a hundred times today....You aren't in the real world anymore dude;-)

What you make no sense?

In what way am I an ass? just curious. 

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

This is... no...

You're 21, you shouldn't be asking for a birthday present you should be spending time with family.

I will never understand people.

Well Idk what kind of pc stores you have around you so im not sure if this would be possible but maby a good mouse/keyboard if you dont have one or a webcam or dem nice case LED's.

or something along those lines. B)

In what way am I an ass? just curious. 

Maybe it was the way I read it, I took it as you think you are above people cause you have an apartment and such....

This is... no...

You're 21, you shouldn't be asking for a birthday present you should be spending time with family.

I will never understand people.

Thank you...I actually get mad at people who get me gifts...mainly cause I never have the money to get them anything.

Ok man calm down and im pretty sure that was not ''contributing to a friendly environment.''

B)     

Thank you...I actually get mad at people who get me gifts...mainly cause I never have the money to get them anything.

My honest opinion is that if you ask for a gift you're (going to be simple here) an ungrateful dick. It seems that everyone demands "On this day you owe me presents!"

Me and my family don't do this, we cook and celebrate together, but no gifts. If any of us ask for something it's on every other day of the year, like every other day of the year. Just because we turn one year older doesn't mean you deserve to be handed things.

Maybe it was the way I read it, I took it as you think you are above people cause you have an apartment and such....

I was just giving detail of the situation. Something may not be usefull to smeone not in an appartment and usefull to me. I did not write this to be. My appartement is nothing to be proud of... really, it's way the university rent me and it's really not pretty... it's functionnal i would say

keep it simple, amazon gift card or whatever other stores you like. Its money with out it being money. 

My honest opinion is that if you ask for a gift you're (going to be simple here) an ungrateful dick. It seems that everyone demands "On this day you owe me presents!"

Me and my family don't do this, we cook and celebrate together, but no gifts. If any of us ask for something it's on every other day of the year, like every other day of the year. Just because we turn one year older doesn't mean you deserve to be handed things.

Yep. I enjoy spending time with people rather then getting things bought for me.

I was just giving detail of the situation. Something may not be usefull to smeone not in an appartment and usefull to me. I did not write this to be. My appartement is nothing to be proud of... really, it's way the university rent me and it's really not pretty... it's functionnal i would say

Alright then I do apologize.

I didn't get anything for my birthday today, I would just be thankful she gets you anything. Especially at 21 it seems peculiar to me that you care that your mother gets you something of use for your birthday to me.. but maybe it's just a culture difference.

Money, always money... I don't know, my mom always thought it was best to gift me the ability to act in that regard myself.

Otherwise, socks and boxers. Maybe a jacket?

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

wow man i take offense im 13 ;-;

;)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

If you have everything, just use the money to go out and have a nice dinner with family and friends, it might not be something material but you will always have the memories of that day. And heck who doesn't like to go out for dinner some days.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

a bunch of movies/games

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com