Thinking of selling my HyperX Clouds

dylan43270

I have a pair of HyperX Clouds and I love them. They only issue is that I do not really enjoy the mic on them, which I generally use my lapel mic for talking while gaming.

I can easily sell them to get my money back, or even more (bought them for $50 on a NXIC sale). Would it be worth it to sell these and get a pair of CHC SIlverados?

I would only be looking to replace them for budget closed headphones for noise isolation that still has decent sound quality, as I already have several pairs of open headphones that work for other particular tasks.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I'll trade you my modded ATH-M50's (they'll come with the stock and a pair of Shure velour pads) for them.

All I did to them was add a removable cable (it's a red Belkin cable) and took out the dampening pads in the cups.

If you love them, why bother replacing them? I would say the Silverado is more of a sidegrade, so only do this if you want to have teh audio feelz by trying different headphones.

I'll trade you my modded ATH-M50's (they'll come with the stock and a pair of Shure velour pads) for them.

All I did to them was add a removable cable (it's a red Belkin cable) and took out the dampening pads in the cups.

Yeah I'd take that deal, it smells good.

I don't think it's worth the effort. You would probably come out even or close to even and Kingston's support actually exists unlike CHC's while the headphones themselves are pretty good. Also the double cable isn't the best. 

Good.

Well that wasn't very nice.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I feel like they can get better use out of someone else. They are very good headphones, but I generally never use the "headset" aspect of them.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I feel like they can get better use out of someone else. They are very good headphones, but I generally never use the "headset" aspect of them.

If you're replacing, then consider an upgrade, instead of a sidegrade, like shearme said. Save your money until you have about enough, and get a headphone that's 1-2 class above it....

The Silverado's are good headphones, I really like mine and especially for the price. Unless you want better 'audiophile' grade headphones where I don't have any experience.