GTX 970, and 980

Jape

I was curious as to seeing what my fellow PC community was expecting in the new Nvidia 900 series lineup? Or maybe you wan't to see Nvidia fall to their knees at the foot of AMD. And if you guys find or know of any new numerous countless or even funny rumors post it here. I'm interested :)post-122645-0-33925800-1410792982.jpgpost-122645-0-74806100-1410793041.jpeg

Based on rumours.. I find 900 series quite dissapointing. I see no reason upgrading from GTX 770.

how would you be dissapointed when you don't even know what it has yet? Rumours can never be trusted especially when they're from Videocardz which has been known to post fake rumours in the past.

Based on rumours.. I find 900 series quite dissapointing. I see no reason upgrading from GTX 770.

Yeah, if you have a 700 series card I'm not sure its worth the upgrade money from what we know now (assuming its all true). I still have an old 570 and have the credit card in hand waiting to order a 980, but I am going to wait for the aftermarket cooler models to come out before I pounce.

Did I mention 180 watt TDP? My 570 is 219 watt TDP, and not even close to as powerful. I am pretty psyched.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

how would you be dissapointed when you don't even know what it has yet? Rumours can never be trusted especially when they're from Videocardz which has been known to post fake rumours in the past.

You missunderstood me... I still wait for official reveal to see what does it bring to the table and then I will see if it is good or not but so far what we seen from rumours it was dissapointing for me.

I find it rather ridiculous that NVIDIA chose to skip the 800 series and go straight to the 900 series despite their reasoning. So in reality, the GTX 900 series is going to be, what would've been, the GTX 800 series and the GTX 1000 series is going to be, what would've been, the GTX 900 series. That's some really fantastic and logical, straightforward thinking NVIDIA. Good job! :P

#Sarcasm

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I'm waiting to see these cards before making a build. I hope nVdia will do something good. Even a drop in prices would be good enough.

I've been using my GTX 470 for way too long.

I'll just wait for the real benchmarks to come out then I'll decide if I'd go with it for my planned build.

Fake Rumors............................You can't say its fake or real because its just a rumor.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I think that's why he said based on rumors. Cause if they're true then its not worth the upgrade he was hoping for like he just said. I too am hoping for a lil more han what the rumors are saying, I just have my fingers crossed.

Yeah, if you have a 700 series card I'm not sure its worth the upgrade money from what we know now (assuming its all true). I still have an old 570 and have the credit card in hand waiting to order a 980, but I am going to wait for the aftermarket cooler models to come out before I pounce.

Did I mention 180 watt TDP? My 570 is 219 watt TDP, and not even close to as powerful. I am pretty psyched.

oh man i wish i had your patience haha i know myself i'll get the reference evga card adn then wish I got the acx cooler or something lol. But man your not gonna miss that 570! 

oh man i wish i had your patience haha i know myself i'll get the reference evga card adn then wish I got the acx cooler or something lol. But man your not gonna miss that 570! 

Miss it? Im gonna use it every day... as a coaster :)

I am actually really hoping the aftermarket cards are shorter in overall length. Seeing as I would like to watercool my system in my 350D space is in pretty short supply. But if the card really is 180 watts, there is no reason the aftermarket coolers would have to be as large as the reference, which is made for 250 watt card.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

i am waiting for them to shrink there manufacturing size to 20nm as they were supposed to this generation but have been putting off for like a year now

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I find it rather ridiculous that NVIDIA chose to skip the 800 series and go straight to the 900 series despite their reasoning. So in reality, the GTX 900 series is going to be, what would've been, the GTX 800 series and the GTX 1000 series is going to be, what would've been, the GTX 900 series. That's some really fantastic and logical, straightforward thinking NVIDIA. Good job! :P

#Sarcasm

I mean yeah its kinda dumb, but its to help from new consumers being confused about the naming scheme with the laptop gpus and desktop gpus. but to be honest who builds a computer without research i mean i thing a simple picture could do a justice for most

Miss it? Im gonna use it every day... as a coaster :)

I am actually really hoping the aftermarket cards are shorter in overall length. Seeing as I would like to watercool my system in my 350D space is in pretty short supply. But if the card really is 180 watts, there is no reason the aftermarket coolers would have to be as large as the reference, which is made for 250 watt card.

Yeah i personally love smaller gpus it, we should riot for a single slot 980 to put two in a corsair 250D. haha but all jokes aside micro atx is perfect. I would only consider the 350D if I were to go micro. Its perfectly sized and it comes with an overall in my opinion, clean look.

Yeah i personally love smaller gpus it, we should riot for a single slot 980 to put two in a corsair 250D. haha but all jokes aside micro atx is perfect. I would only consider the 350D if I were to go micro. Its perfectly sized and it comes with an overall in my opinion, clean look.

an awesome system would be dual r9 295x2s and a intel 5960x with aio liquid cooling in a micro atx lan rig

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

Since you mentioned AMD and were talking rumors, the r9 390x is supposed to be coming out sometime in the near future, although I haven't come across any firm date. But it might actually be a good performance upgrade from the 780ti/290x, unlike the 980 which doesn't appear to offer much(if any) performance increase over current gen cards.

AMD apparently learned from their past mistakes and are making sure this card has a reference cooler that actually does the job too.

Just thought Id mention it because I know there are a lot of people out there that despise Nvidia.  

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

#Sarcasm

It's not the first time they have done this though. They skipped the 300's aswell. 

You missunderstood me... I still wait for official reveal to see what does it bring to the table and then I will see if it is good or not but so far what we seen from rumours it was dissapointing for me.

guess I just misunderstood you :)

I feel like the blower design might actually provide a larger headroom for OCing since it's made for a 250W card.

i am waiting for them to shrink there manufacturing size to 20nm as they were supposed to this generation but have been putting off for like a year now

Yeah 20nm should have been here. You think they are going to do that with the next generation? 

Jeeezz I'm already talking about the next gen when this gen hasn't even come out.

I am a huge mATX fan. Lets be honest, so few of us are going to use more expansion than an mATX board offers, the larger sizes are just taking up to much damn space. :)

I love my 350D. My only complaint with it is that you have to break out the Dremel tool in order to get the 5.25 bay's completely removed. I wish they were just riveted (or better yet screwed) into the chassis. But with the optical bays gone you can put two 280mm rads in it. :) Which is exactly my plan.

Since you mentioned AMD and were talking rumors, the r9 390x is supposed to be coming out sometime in the near future, although I haven't come across any firm date. But it might actually be a good performance upgrade from the 780ti/290x, unlike the 980 which doesn't appear to offer much(if any) performance increase over current gen cards.

AMD apparently learned from their past mistakes and are making sure this card has a reference cooler that actually does the job too.

Just thought Id mention it because I know there are a lot of people out there that despise Nvidia.  

it will be interesting to have an aio cooled single card

It's not the first time they have done this though. They skipped the 300's aswell.

Really? So that means the current GTX 700 series is really the GTX 600 series. *falls off chair in disbelief*

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Really? So that means the current GTX 700 series is really the GTX 600 series. *falls off chair in disbelief*

Its true. Dont get too tied up in naming conventions. Its seems neither AMD nor Nvidia can keep their shit strait. Lol

does anyone remember how the gpu manufacturers skipped gddr4 and went strait from gddr3 to gddr5