Mistakes that companies make

Serfrank

Came up with this topic idea, might turn out to be interesting...

What do you think are the common mistakes that companies make, sometimes over and over?

I think that the they often mess up PC cases. They try to do everything, and often failing at it, instead of focusing on a more specific goal.

It's nice to have a case with lots of features, but having like 30 fan mounts, 70 HDD mounts, support for giant radiators, gigantic holes for cooler installation and cable management, the case essentially becomes a noisy, vibrating skeleton.

Common mistakes?  Not cooling the VRM chips on many many many custom-cooler GPUs.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Cases, exactly. Its like they hire designers directly fresh out of high school and lock them in a room to make a case design 1 one month with no internet access or any feedback from customers.

Ask EA, they know how

Hm common mistake is advertising. They advertise their newest gpu as the best thing ever and then it's something rebranded or nothing really worth buying. That's a good way to disappoint your customers and many doing it.

Edit: Forgot one. Noctua and their brown. Eww guys. More colors please.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

not crowdsourcing designs for their products. If they listened to our suggestions and implemented the good ones into their products, they'd see huge skyrockets in sales. but nooooooooo.

the most common mistake I feel is just not listening to customers, and making the experience harder for paying customers. For example EA and Ubisoft, but they aren't the only ones to do this, just the first two that come to mind.

Edit: Forgot one. Noctua and their brown. Eww guys. More colors please.

Noctua have their industrial and redux range that aren't brown and tan

Common mistakes?  Not cooling the VRM chips on many many many custom-cooler GPUs.

Cough Asus 280X

designing fans with anti-vibration silicon that can only be used with specific screws. Also, many custom GPU coolers are all nice to look at from the front, but the back and most importantly the side are really ugly. Once installed 90% of the time, nobody will be able to see the cooler. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Branding stuff as gaming but it's not gaming stuff.

CPU: Intel 3770k Cooling: Corsair H100i Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPower Memory: 2x4gb Corsair 1600 ddr3 GPU: Sapphire 6950 2gb with reference Cooler PSU: XFX pro 650w Case: Corsair Carbide 500r Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, 2x Samsung 1TB, 1x Seagate 2TB

CPU: Pentium 4 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8SGXL Memory: 2GB ddr Storage: 250GB IDE OS: FreeBSD

gamer tier 1 pc's with gpus that dont even need fans to cool them

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Naming schemes

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Green pcbs

No gpu backplates

corsair not releasing any bloody sp 140s

ands reference blower piping air through like a milimeter opening

not having nonreference coolers at launch

r9 285 performs worse than 280x ??????

REBRANDING MAINLY ON MOBILE.

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

The whole gaming line of products, they think if it says gamer that people will like OMG I PLAY GAMES LETS GET THIS! Some of them are legit, but it's just like the gaming headsets vs audiophile. They think it says gamer it's 10x better.  

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

All those no name "gaming" gear crap you see on Newegg. I bet nobody buys that Chinese crap. Also, Nvidia's advertising seems to mislead people into buying low quality graphics cards for gaming. That's why I bought a 610. I thought it would DO FINE. But as it turns out, I learned my damn fucking lesson.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

All those no name "gaming" gear crap you see on Newegg. I bet nobody buys that Chinese crap. Also, Nvidia's advertising seems to mislead people into buying low quality graphics cards for gaming. That's why I bought a 610. I thought it would DO FINE. But as it turns out, I learned my damn fucking lesson.

Lol how could you do that?!You must be stupid or something..

~640 owner for gaming.

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Changing things that don't need to be changed. Specifically, naming schemes. I'm looking at you, AMD.

Seriously, they need to fire someone at AMD. All the naming and marketing they've done recently is terrible

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Changing things that don't need to be changed. Specifically, naming schemes. I'm looking at you, AMD.

Seriously, they need to fire someone at AMD. All the naming and marketing they've done recently is terrible

Very, very, very terribad. First it was the 280X, then the 280, then 275, then back to 285, which performs worse than the 280, but don't quote me on that. Why AMD, why? At least NVidia has their numbers in ORDER.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Very, very, very terribad. First it was the 280X, then the 280, then 275, then back to 285, which performs worse than the 280, but don't quote me on that. Why AMD, why? At least NVidia has their numbers in ORDER.

I think the fact that the 295x2 is dual GPU and the 285 isn't just adds insult to injury. It went from generally bad to confusing

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

How every single company makes bogus claims in advertisements then admits that it's bullshit in either fine print or (if on radio) in that hyper fast talk that no one can understand.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Apple, producing dual core 730$ phones with no expansion slots since 2011.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*