Rant about paying by phone

Avuntia

you can have ALL of the top complaints on your phone already in some ways and once stores allow you to buy with phones you should get the reciept there

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

NjXzeRP.jpg

My rant what do you think. Im not a backwards thinker but i dont think its there yet

they will definitely steal ur accounts and consume ur identity and leave you in depth.. also they may steal ur condoms!!

you can have ALL of the top complaints on your phone already in some ways and once stores allow you to buy with phones you should get the reciept there

How the hell do you keep condoms in your phone? O.o

Also do you really keep your keys in your wallet? :D

screen protector? :P forgot about that one

and the key, there are electronic locks for houses and cars these days, that you can control from your phone

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Well you keep them together and some people attach them together 

Just FYI: It's a bad idea to keep condoms in your pockets, be they on your phone(?) or in your wallet. 

The heat from your body will make the latex go bad faster, thereby increasing the risk of the condom breaking, and you don't want that. 

On topic: I kinda agree with trusting your credit card information to Google ot Apple, but we already do that. Most of us porbably already have our credit card information linked to the Apple Store and/or the Google Play Store.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

screen protector? :P forgot about that one

and the key, there are electronic locks for houses and cars these days, that you can control from your phone

Not everyone's got them

Well you keep them together and some people attach them together 

Yeah I keep them all attached together, but they're definitely not in my wallet (that would be one bulky wallet then).

Just FYI: It's a bad idea to keep condoms in you pockets, be they on you phone(?) or in you wallet. 

The heat from your body will make the latex go bad faster, theyby increasing the risk of the condom breaking, and you don't want that. 

Thats my point i never keep them in my pocket and should but if you dont have a wallet where would most people keep them?

Yeah I keep them all attached together, but they're definitely not in my wallet (that would be one bulky wallet then).

Maybe you can keep one flat key in the wallet if its very valuable 

That might be slightly awkward. Also not supposed to keep condoms in wallet. Lastly, also confused by keys in wallet...tooooooooo many keys just like I just used to many o's

That might be slightly awkward. Also not supposed to keep condoms in wallet. Lastly, also confused by keys in wallet...tooooooooo many keys just like I just used to many o's

Keys like one or two not a whole bunch 

Just FYI: It's a bad idea to keep condoms in your pockets, be they on your phone(?) or in your wallet. 

The heat from your body will make the latex go bad faster, thereby increasing the risk of the condom breaking, and you don't want that. 

On topic: I kinda agree with trusting your credit card information to Google ot Apple, but we already do that. Most of us porbably already have our credit card information linked to the Apple Store and/or the Google Play Store.

its best to keep condom on your wood all the time

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I'll talk about this this, as my wallet is pretty much obsolete, though I do carry cash a lot of the time. These are all valid points, and there is still a ways to go before you can complelely digitise everything.

1. ID. Not ideal yet. You can carry around a license in a phone case without destroying the experience. Though I am opposed to phone cases in general. But for one card it wouldn't bother me.

2. Keys. I've always carried keys in my pocket, never really known anyone who has a wallet that can fit a key ring in it and still fit it into jeans pockets. Either way though, this just depends on home automation. I have digital locks on my apartment that are opened by putting in a pin on my phone. Integrate that with TouchID or Siri with voice recognition and I'd upgrade immediately. Not far off though. RFID is even more common for door locks and if you could get you key code onto your phone - tap and go. A long way off perhaps, but still it'll happen. Car and phone integration is already very feasible.

3. Condoms. Never carry them, mine won't fit in my wallet. Last 5 times I've had sex though have all been at my place so never needed them. Maybe just wear one when you go out?

4. Photos of loved ones. Can't think of a possible way to get those on a phone :|

5. Receipts. Apart from just using a bank statement, or if Apple Pay has some form of receipt thing built in, I can't really think of an alternative. If you need tax invoices probably use a wallet.

6. Speed. With the apple ecosystem - pull out phone, fingerprint to unlock and load app. Quicker than pulling out a wallet, opening it up, sliding a card out and getting the card to the machine while still holding a wallet in the other hand. Phone will be faster, though I'd just be worried that banks will put spending limits on your phone (here, if you use NFC payments on Samsung phone, you are limited to $100 per day).

So yes, they are releasing this too early, but because they are Apple everyone will get on board - all banks and merchants and other phone makers which will provide competition and make this more mainstream and the transition will occur.

I'll talk about this this, as my wallet is pretty much obsolete, though I do carry cash a lot of the time. These are all valid points, and there is still a ways to go before you can complelely digitise everything.

1. ID. Not ideal yet. You can carry around a license in a phone case without destroying the experience. Though I am opposed to phone cases in general. But for one card it wouldn't bother me.

2. Keys. I've always carried keys in my pocket, never really known anyone who has a wallet that can fit a key ring in it and still fit it into jeans pockets. Either way though, this just depends on home automation. I have digital locks on my apartment that are opened by putting in a pin on my phone. Integrate that with TouchID or Siri with voice recognition and I'd upgrade immediately. Not far off though. RFID is even more common for door locks and if you could get you key code onto your phone - tap and go. A long way off perhaps, but still it'll happen. Car and phone integration is already very feasible.

3. Condoms. Never carry them, mine won't fit in my wallet. Last 5 times I've had sex though have all been at my place so never needed them. Maybe just wear one when you go out?

4. Photos of loved ones. Can't think of a possible way to get those on a phone :|

5. Receipts. Apart from just using a bank statement, or if Apple Pay has some form of receipt thing built in, I can't really think of an alternative. If you need tax invoices probably use a wallet.

6. Speed. With the apple ecosystem - pull out phone, fingerprint to unlock and load app. Quicker than pulling out a wallet, opening it up, sliding a card out and getting the card to the machine while still holding a wallet in the other hand. Phone will be faster, though I'd just be worried that banks will put spending limits on your phone (here, if you use NFC payments on Samsung phone, you are limited to $100 per day).

So yes, they are releasing this too early, but because they are Apple everyone will get on board - all banks and merchants and other phone makers which will provide competition and make this more mainstream and the transition will occur.

I agree with you but remember that your 1 out of many that have the knowledge and time to have this. Remember also that every person has a different lifestyle. 

Apple Pay, for when you want to lose your $900 Phone andl your credit cards at the same time.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I really disagree with you on the fact that because it's Apple, people will get on board. Surely Star Bucks and the other hipster places will allow you to pay by phone, but when you go abroad, go to smaller stores, evening stores, anything that isn't a major store chain, they will not start supporting it any time soon. Even to this day there are still tons of places where you can't even pay with a simple debit-, or credit card. Then there's also the hundreds of places that don't accept debit cards yet, so all-in-all, no, you'll probably be able to buy a cup of coffee with your phone in a month, but you sure as hell won't be able to buy anything else... 

Also I don't think anyone has said this yet, but I love carrying a wallet on me. It feels better than just a phone, or nothing at all. Honestly, if you get a good wallet, you look good with it, and they feel good in your pocket because they weigh something. It's like carrying your watch, it's not needed any more, but it sure as hell looks and feels good on your wrist (be it a pretty watch, but both of these points are up to personal preference...). 

I really disagree with you on the fact that because it's Apple, people will get on board. Surely Star Bucks and the other hipster places will allow you to pay by phone, but when you go abroad, go to smaller stores, evening stores, anything that isn't a major store chain, they will not start supporting it any time soon. Even to this day there are still tons of places where you can't even pay with a simple debit-, or credit card. Then there's also the hundreds of places that don't accept debit cards yet, so all-in-all, no, you'll probably be able to buy a cup of coffee with your phone in a month, but you sure as hell won't be able to buy anything else... 

Also I don't think anyone has said this yet, but I love carrying a wallet on me. It feels better than just a phone, or nothing at all. Honestly, if you get a good wallet, you look good with it, and they feel good in your pocket because they weigh something. It's like carrying your watch, it's not needed any more, but it sure as hell looks and feels good on your wrist (be it a pretty watch, but both of these points are up to personal preference...). 

I like you for this. I love my wallet as well. Its kinda a peace of me

But if you're running out to the local convenience store to pick up a loaf of bread it's easier just to take a phone. 

A big thing about these methods is security- you can pay without anyone creeping on your openly visible card, or your debit PIN.

With Apple Pay, neither Apple OR EVEN THE MERCHANT can see your info- it generates a random code upon scanning to keep it secure.

A big thing about these methods is security- you can pay without anyone creeping on your openly visible card, or your debit PIN.

With Apple Pay, neither Apple OR EVEN THE MERCHANT can see your info- it generates a random code upon scanning to keep it secure.

Yeah and they'll keep them just as safe as those pictures Jennifer Lawrence had! Oh wait...

But if you're running out to the local convenience store to pick up a loaf of bread it's easier just to take a phone. 

Does it really make a difference whether you take one or two things with you? But again, that may be personal preference. :)

I agree with you but remember that your 1 out of many that have the knowledge and time to have this. Remember also that every person has a different lifestyle. 

Not disagreeing. I'm an early adopter, but lifestyle of everyone is changing, and faster than you think. There are a few things holding back mobile wallets, but all it needs is mass adoption to really fix the bugs and iron out what doesn't work. Here in Australia for example there are only 2 banks that support NFC (and with spending limits), and I expect that to change very quickly once Apple Pay is released because it will be a hyped feature that consumers want to use so banks will have to adopt it. Apple is amazing at taking existing features, wrapping them up so that my grandmother can use them and then selling them.

I've never felt that way about my wallet - I wear jeans mostly, or a tailored slim fit suit. So no matter what my wallet looks like, if it doesn't fit in my pants (there's limited room in there already) I am uncomfortable and slim wallets never have space for change!

Maybe its just me, but I've never used a wallet as a fashion statement, never known anyone to do the same, and I've never so much as noticed other peoples wallet let alone judged them on it. If you do enjoy just carrying a wallet around, you still can. Even if its just got ID and receipts in it.

A watch is different, as it is a) often necessary (can't always have a phone on while working) and b) a fashion statement.

Using a phone also means one less thing to forget when leaving the house.

And a huge advantage is it can't be as easily scammed - if you have to load an app, no one can just bump an NFC terminal against your pocket and skim your card. 

Another advantage is no one being able to see your card - I don't need people making assumptions about my income if I whip out a platinum Amex or, conversely, a tattered debit card.

So IMO, the positives of not having a wallet hugely outweigh the negatives I don't think we're far off from seeing phone payments extremely widespread, largely thanks to Apple, even if it doesn't make the wallet obsolete yet.

Yeah and they'll keep them just as safe as those pictures Jennifer Lawrence had! Oh wait...

Or you could use some logic here (and do your research).

Apple doesn't know the numbers, backup the numbers, or even know what you're buying, where you're buying it from, and so on.

The data is stored ONLY on a secure chip in the phone that nothing has access to without your permission. Period.