GTA V PC release date confirmed.

BloodWithIce
SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

I love how we can't even get a next gen and pc simultaneous release

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I know :(

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

At least they didn't just shove a 360/PS3 port in our faces

*cough* gta iv *cough*

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Can't wait...

I wonder why the PC release is later than the console release.  I'm just hoping it won't be as terribly optimized as GTA IV was.

"Oh GTA IV wasn't terribly optimized, it works just fine"

Jeez. They better spend the next four months optimizing it for us.

Can't wait...

I wonder why the PC release is later than the console release.  I'm just hoping it won't be as terribly optimized as GTA IV was.

I like your optimism. But the fact that PC version is released few months later could mean that it's a port of the next gen versions so there might be a lot of problems with it.

Lets wait and see. And hold off with the pre-orders.

I like your optimism. But the fact that PC version is released few months later could mean that it's a port of the next gen versions so there might be a lot of problems with it.

Lets wait and see. And hold off with the pre-orders.

That's one of the wisest things I've heard all day.

I wont preorder, but I will almost certainly be buying it.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

*cough* gta iv *cough*

Time will tell if this gta5 is a xbone/ps4 port.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

*cough* gta iv *cough*

I don't think you've played GTA 4.

http://gta.wikia.com/Console_and_PC_Differences#Grand_Theft_Auto_IV

Plural of PC is PCs, not PC's. Plural of CPU is CPUs, not CPU's. Plural of LED is LEDs, not LED's.

You can build computers really well, not real good.

Dear Rockstar,

please don't copy Ubisoftand take the extra time to improve the graphics instead of making them even worse than they are on consoles.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

I had a E4600+9600 GT at that time, it counted as a pretty decent combo at that time, that was able to play most of the games (likes Crysis) at high settings at 1080p.

Now there was this GTA 4 that rand around 20-30 fps around low medium, as it does not mattered what settings I was in, it ran badly.

Now I have a HD 7770 that is like 2-3 x as powerfull as a GT9800 (king of the hill back then) and still, at 1280x1024 I could play in Medium with playable framerates (not 60fps), whereas other games from that era (Far Cry 2, released in 2008) ran on Ultra graphics

That game is one of the worst console port I have seen

i'll buy a used ps3 gta5 before i buy a crappy pc one, i'm not paying for a watchdogs-like failure again...

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

I think I have. It was a port through and through.  You can add "custom settings" all day.  It doesnt fix the unoptimized shitfest they released.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Rockstar better not mess the PC version up this time...at least I'm getting the Xbox One soon so I can play it on that for the time being.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

I had a E4600+9600 GT at that time, it counted as a pretty decent combo at that time, that was able to play most of the games (likes Crysis) at high settings at 1080p.

Now there was this GTA 4 that rand around 20-30 fps around low medium, as it does not mattered what settings I was in, it ran badly.

Now I have a HD 7770 that is like 2-3 x as powerfull as a GT9800 (king of the hill back then) and still, at 1280x1024 I could play in Medium with playable framerates (not 60fps), whereas other games from that era (Far Cry 2, released in 2008) ran on Ultra graphics

That game is one of the worst console port I have seen

I think I have. It was a port through and through.  You can add "custom settings" all day.  It doesnt fix the unoptimized shitfest they released.

Sure, it ran like crap, especially on release, but it was still vastly superior to the console version. Dark Souls 1 is something that's a "port through and through".

Plural of PC is PCs, not PC's. Plural of CPU is CPUs, not CPU's. Plural of LED is LEDs, not LED's.

You can build computers really well, not real good.

Sure, it ran like crap, especially on release, but it was still vastly superior to the console version. Dark Souls 1 is something that's a "port through and through".

there were some imrpovements ( some that you expect to have on a powerful and scalable pc) but it was utterly unoptimized

It IS a bad console port, with small improvements, but the lack of optimization stamped it

Exactly, But still... Woop woop for PC! :D

#PCMasterRace

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)