I can´t fit my videocard into the Pci-E Slot!

zocki5

Sorry having to ask such a dumb question and i´ll try to get some photos up as soon as possible, but at the moment I can just tell:

I installed my motherboard into the case and got it screwed in. When I wanted to add the graphicscard, it didn´t fit right into the slot.

Imagine the notch in the graphicscards connector and the pin in the motherboards slot not matching because of an 2mm delay. But I can´t get the card go back any further in the case.

Is my Case the fault or did I install the motherboard wrong??

Thank you in advance all you guys! :)

Theoretical view:

lllllllll^lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll            Graphicscard

.......l...........................           Pci-E Slot                               

=> RIGHT!

llllllllll^lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

......l................................

=> WRONG!

Lefthand side: back of the case

Nothing special goin' on here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBA6Vo_srk

This is weird....never saw this kid of problem i need picture cuz my brain can't process...usually neither a case or mb can cause this

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

could you please upload a picture of your motherboard :)

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

hammer-green.png

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Dude wat.

At least post your motherboard and graphics card model.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

take off the back io plates...^^

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

hammer-green.png

HA!  ...Seriously, though. Don't do that.

Well, as long as the PCI slot is full sized, it should fit any modern PCI or PCIe card, because the standard is designed to be fully backwards-compatible. It might be that your card is catching on the case or another part of the MoBo.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

take off the back io plates...^^

It's probably that.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

It's probably that.

I'd lol if yes^^ even more because that happend to me when I installed my 2nd 660 after a year or so, felt pretty dumb for a few seconds figuring out what the heck is wrong with it :P

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

U might have a strange old graphics card or mobo i dunno

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

At first I thought he might be trying to install an agp card into a pci-e slot or vice versa, but the notches are totally different.

Hello guys! I´m back again with the pictures you (hopefully) wanted!

I used my soundcard just to get a better shot with my iPod (thats why the quality isn´t that overwhelming...) but its the same with my videocard, an Sapphire R9-290X Vapor-X.

My motherboard is a Asus Rampage IV Black Edition, so it shouldn´t be caused by incompatibility of the board and the card. I removed the slotcovers of course! My case is an Aerocool XPredator Full tower if that matters. Its just a pain in the butt having your system nearly ready to run, but not beeing able to install expansioncards. I did a testfit and everyting worked; the motherboard is also installed right.

Again, thank you guys alot for your great help! :)

Etienne

P.S.: The images show the distance between the card fitting and not fitting and that the card is fully touching the back, so it can´t go any further (2-3mm would be needed) 

post-132253-0-61337200-1410541853.jpg

post-132253-0-16793100-1410541867.jpg

Nothing special goin' on here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBA6Vo_srk

This might just be the strangest pc problem I've ever seen.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

It could be that the case "bended" .. it happened on mine too, even the standoffs went nuts

fix : stick case to the wall, hit it with car

I did a quick google search for "atx standard spacing" the first link was this: http://www.formfactors.org/developer%5Cspecs%5Catx2_2.PDF

Maybe you can check if the motherboard standoffs are in the correct place or if something else is off...

It's a really weird/interesting problem... but I'm sure we can find a solution.

If you need your pc right now you can always build it outside of your case to have it running at least

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

If it is with multiple different expansion cards then yes, something's wrong with either your case or the way you placed your motherboard inside the case...

Make sure you have the bracket of the card sliding tightly past the case BEFORE you slide in into the slot :)

On the pictures it looks like its the same wirh all slots... So probably the mainboard does not sit right in the case or somethings weong with the case.

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

The case being bent seems most likely.. It sucks though, being so close to finishing and then something as silly as this happens  :(

Siggy butt brain