LTT 3DMark Thread

3 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

I know it's rarely updated. 

There's more banter in the Valley thread tbh. 

Yea I don't use Valley because imho it's really non-standard and much harder to compare results, but I got mentioned in here so I thought I'd throw in the marbles.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

2 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

See my issue is I probably can't get cold enough anymore... I don't have AC, and in the winter I was running my room at -10C with a box fan blowing in the fresh air... Now its 21C.

I don't know if I even want to run with a 31C higher ambient...

Also resetting my fan curves is a total bitch... AI SUITE's hysteresis never wants to stick even when you save the fan profiles... 

I'll try it over the weekend maybe and let you know.

Yeah bud, 31c would not make for cool water temps.  I went pretty crazy on my loop in preparation for summer heat and the 6950x, but my ambient temp will rarely get above 24c.  Unfortunately, due the openness of my office to the rest of the first floor, I'm not authorized by my wife to capitalize on the winter greatness.  Next winter I'm heading to the basement or the garage!

I get pretty awesome performance out of the stock motherboard fan curves only having to adjust PWM or Voltage.  I let it do the rest as my water temps rarely rise.  5c from ambient with full load at low fan speed (350 to 450 fan/900 pumps).  1c and every now and then 2c from ambient with fans at max. 

Updated Score

Benchmark: Fire Strike
CPU: 5960x / 4,900 MHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti 2-Way SLI
GPU Core: 1,540 MHz
GPU Memory: 1,990 MHz

Score: 29,756
3DMark Link: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8374857

CPU: 5960x / 4,900 MHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti 2-Way SLI
GPU Core: 1,545 MHz
GPU Memory: 2,013 MHz

Score: 29,946
3DMark Link: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8383243

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1220v3 (Dell rack OEM scavenge unit)

GPU: Asus Nvidia GTX 970 Turbo OC (Reference style blower, single)

GPU Core: 1.395 MHz

GPU Memory: 1.901 MHz

Score: 9.571

3DMark Link: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8395378

Very happy with this score, i'm gonna try to make more waves with the GPU, the CPU can't go more than that...

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

@Kryptyx @colonel_mortis

Just thought I'd throw this here:

THIS IS LINK

New list with more than 600 entries pulled from this thread last updated today.

Unfortunately some of the older results have been removed from 3dmark.com and other older results couldn't recognize the detailed scores, but the Total score is present for all entries.

The list contains all entries regardless of the test - Skydiver, Cloud Gate, API Overhead Test - but since this thread is mainly to compare Fire Strike scores, I've set the automatic filters to show only those.

EDIT: Fixed the detailed scores (graphics, physics, combined) for all Fire Strike and Sky Diver tests

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

3 hours ago, DXMember said:

@Kryptyx @colonel_mortis

Just thought I'd throw this here:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=718A6487E3EBF0D2!175&authkey=!AFgMhhezFkbXg6Q&ithint=file%2cxlsx

New list with more than 600 entries pulled from this thread last updated today.

Unfortunately some of the older results have been removed from 3dmark.com and other older results couldn't recognize the detailed scores, but the Total score is present for all entries.

The list contains all entries regardless of the test - Skydiver, Cloud Gate, API Overhead Test - but since this thread is mainly to compare Fire Strike scores, I've set the automatic filters to show only those.

Is this file locked?

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Is this file locked?

appears that it is. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Is this file locked?

shouldn't be...

maybe onedrive being picky or something...

I have it open without authentication on one browser and then it sometimes shows me "File has been moved, deleted or renamed" with the authentication...

give the cloud 5 to 10 minutes to sort it out

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

shouldn't be...

maybe onedrive being picky or something...

I have it open without authentication on one browser and then it sometimes shows me "File has been moved, deleted or renamed" with the authentication...

give the cloud 5 to 10 minutes to sort it out

Thanks for doing this!

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Thanks for doing this!

fixed it... somehow LTT embedded the link incorrectly...

I had the right link in my clipboard but pasting it to the post it made it broken... I embedded it manually, works like a charm

@DildorTheDecent

7 minutes ago, DXMember said:

fixed it... somehow LTT embedded the link incorrectly...

I had the right link in my clipboard but pasting it to the post it made it broken... I embedded it manually, works like a charm

@DildorTheDecent

nice :D

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

On 12/22/2015 at 10:22 PM, Arcmanov said:

CPU: 5820K @ 4.3 GHz
GPU: 2 x GTX 970
GPU Core: 1240
GPU Memory: 1853

Score: 18652

3DMark Link: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6768343

Slight bump to the score...  B|

CPU: 5820K @ 4.4 GHz
GPU: 2 x GTX 970
GPU Core: 1504
GPU Memory: 1901

Score: 19121

3DMark Link: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8479277

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Benchmark: Fire Strike 1.1
CPU: 5960x @ 4.9 GHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 2-Way SLI
GPU Core: 2,088 MHz
GPU Memory: 11,660 MHz

Score: 31,628 / 47,352 Graphics
3DMark Link: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8663634

And I want to congratulate you with the first GTX1080 entry!!!! Dem numbers insane, do you mind posting results with stock clocks single GPU, OC single GPU and stock clocks SLI for a baseline?

And I want to congratulate you with the first GTX1080 entry!!!! Dem numbers insane, do you mind posting results with stock clocks single GPU, OC single GPU and stock clocks SLI for a baseline?

Thanks bud. 

I'll run those tests for you, but I might be heading up to Micro Center this morning to grab a new CPU so it might be much later in the day.

Benchmark: Sky Diver 1.0

CPU:  Intel Core i/-4720HQ

GPU:  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

GPU memory: 2.048 MB

Score: 7898

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/12297225

42 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Thanks bud. 

I'll run those tests for you, but I might be heading up to Micro Center this morning to grab a new CPU so it might be much later in the day.

can I guess that it's a 10 core Broadwell?

going to rek that first place quad titan x?

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

can I guess that it's a 10 core Broadwell?

Yep.  I reserved a 6950x yesterday, but I've been waiting on results on overclock.net before heading up to pick it up.  I'm not impressed with the single core performance of the 6800k I bought a couple of days ago, so it's going back.  Its highest overclock single core performance and my 5960x's highest overclock single core performance were exactly the same.  I suspect that single core performance on the 6950x may be similar, but the guys that picked them up yesterday aren't posting a lot of feedback. Looks like I need to find out for myself, which sucks because I have to drain the loop and pull the board due to a monoblock install.

9 minutes ago, DXMember said:

going to rek that first place quad titan x?

I'm #5 on the Hall of Fame for FireStrike x 2, which is the highest water cooled setup so that's pretty cool.  I won't be able to get any higher.  The guys above me either DICE or LN2 their stuff.

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Yep.  I reserved a 6950x yesterday, but I've been waiting on results on overclock.net before heading up to pick it up.  I'm not impressed with the single core performance of the 6800k I bought a couple of days ago, so it's going back.  Its highest overclock single core performance and my 5960x's highest overclock single core performance were exactly the same.  I suspect that single core performance on the 6950x may be similar, but the guys that picked them up yesterday aren't posting a lot of feedback. Looks like I need to find out for myself, which sucks because I have to drain the loop and pull the board due to a monoblock install.

I'm #5 on the Hall of Fame for FireStrike x 2, which is the highest water cooled setup so that's pretty cool.  I won't be able to get any higher.  The guys above me either DICE or LN2 their stuff.

(: I was talking about our amature hour database... you're ranking 2nd there with only Quad Titan X in front of you

Please do share how your Broadwell-E overclocking goes, so far I've only seen a good Tom's Hardware review where they showed that Broadwell overclocking isn't really potent... They hit a wall at 4.3GHz and couldn't go more even at 1.5V

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i7-broadwell-e-6950x-6900k-6850k-6800k,4587-10.html

17 minutes ago, DXMember said:

(: I was talking about our amature hour database... you're ranking 2nd there with only Quad Titan X in front of you

Oh wow.  Yeah the this "LTT 3DMark Thread" is dead.  It seems to have been for quite some time.

17 minutes ago, DXMember said:

Please do share how your Broadwell-E overclocking goes, so far I've only seen a good Tom's Hardware review where they showed that Broadwell overclocking isn't really potent... They hit a wall at 4.3GHz and couldn't go more even at 1.5V

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i7-broadwell-e-6950x-6900k-6850k-6800k,4587-10.html

Well if I don't hear some feedback from some buddies soon, I'll delay picking up the 6950x.  It's on hold for me until Sunday.

I read the review that you linked.  The roughly 4.3 limit has popped up in quite a few reviews and threads.  What I'm wondering is how high you can got 1, 2, 3 or even 4 cores only?  The 4.3 is fine for me if I'm running a multi thread optimize app, but I'd like to go a lot higher on select cores for other purposes as well.  

Benchmark : Firestrike 1.1 

CPU : i5-4690k @ 4.4Ghz

GPU : Sapphire Nitro R9 390 ( 1100Mhz Core , 1800 Memory ) 

Score : 10752

Link : http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/12322002? 

And im just here sitting with big ????? above my head .. 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

Benchmark : Firestrike 1.1 

CPU : Intel Core i7 2700K @5.0GHz

GPU : GTX 980 K|NGP|N 1545MHz core | 9192MHz mem

Score : 14442

Link : http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8688701

EDIT: HWBOT link for lols: http://hwbot.org/submission/3232070_

On 6/3/2016 at 8:20 AM, DXMember said:

I'm glad I don't always trust other's and test things on my own.  The 4.3 limitation may be real, but it isn't in my case.  I did very little to get it to 4.5.  I tried 4.5 at 1.3 and it just barely crashed so I ran 1.4 and it was a go.  I would imaging that stability will be somewhere in between the two.  I haven't touched CPU cache or anything else yet, but as you can see, Cinebench R15 didn't mind either way.  :D  There's definitely a little more left in it.  Just not sure how much.

2344.jpg

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I'm glad I don't always trust other's and test things on my own.  The 4.3 limitation may be real, but it isn't in my case.  I did very little to get it to 4.5.  I tried 4.5 at 1.3 and it just barely crashed so I ran 1.4 and it was a go.  I would imaging that stability will be somewhere in between the two.  I haven't touched CPU cache or anything else yet, but as you can see, Cinebench R15 didn't mind either way.  :D  There's definitely a little more left in it.  Just not sure how much.

SICK!!!