iPhone 6 - Live Stream and All Updates (FINALLY FORMATTED(ish))

Meh, I'm not switching from HTC to Iphone but I don't like these pictures. They make comparisons as if they are equal, gloss over anything that apple might have actually done well (like idk making a whole environment for NFC payments or the pretty dang powerful M8 chip), and only serve to bolster the egos of children who value their internet cred in how much they can hate on Apple.

Pro Tip: You people who bash Apple at every turn for the sake of internet points or loyalty to Google or whomever come off as complete tools.

Lest we forget create not only creating a new API, but garnering the support of all major Games and Engine developers around to actually give it a good start, and make it worth something. 

Now if only they can get more onboard with OpenGL the same way they are with Metal for iOS.

Their "lowly dual core A8" is also extremely powerful, despite its modest clocks.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Dude. That's fucking childish. 'Trust me i know more'. 64 bit is a necessary step for both android and apple. It has benefits. Lawlz made a brilliant post on it, which he linked in this thread a few posts ago. Thats all there is to it.

Google wallet. M8 chip is useful but is going to be rendered redundant by wearables.

The new iPhones just seem bland to me. iWatch looks terrible, just as bad as the samsung equivalents. This was a mediocre event with mediocre products. That's all there is to it.

The image is there to give context to apple's improvements - its stuff that could and should have been there two years ago, but because apple didn't catch on quick enough or was saving features or didn't want to optimise or whatever, its coming late. In a tech world where boundaries can be pushed constantly, apple havn't pushed any boundaries since the first iphone.

For your comment about the Apple Watch.. I don't see how you can say that without bias. The watch seems to be built with much more in mind than simply notifications like Android Wear. I truly hope this pushes Google to up their game in the wearables department because honestly I would like something like that to pair up with my htc one m7.

Some people need to validate their self worth by hating anything, its kinda amusing really. 

You have decent conversation discussing the merits of the device and out of no where you get unwarranted, fanboy level attack posts. This isn't this thread alone, its just any thread. 

Like I said before, its easier to take potshots and make crap posts with no critical thought than it is to TRY and engage in proper debate and discussion. 

I am going to assume that comment is aimed at me. Is that correct?

Give me a proper subject to talk about and we can have a friendly conversation. It's really hard to have a conversation with someone who says the iPhone is now perfect, and then I get flamed when I point out things which makes it anything but perfect in my eyes.

It's hard to have a proper conversation when some people tell everyone who don't agree with them to go away. A conversation with people who think exactly the same things as you do is kind of pointless. There really is no point in hearing your opinion being said by someone else, other than it makes you feel good.

I've said what I like about the new iPhone, and I have said what I dislike about it. For that I have been told to leave the thread and not participate in the conversation anymore.

You're trying to make anyone who dislikes Apple seem like the culprit here but the Apple side is just as bad. Neither side seems to invite to a mature discussion.

Oh and I disagree that it's easy to "take potshots and make crap posts". I think it's far easier to just dismiss someone's opinion because "I don't need that particular thing so therefore your point is invalid".

Dismissing someone's opinion as less valuable than yours is not exactly a good way to lead a friendly conversation either.

Their "lowly dual core A8" is also extremely powerful, despite its modest clocks.

Now that's something I think is worth discussing.

I can't wait to know more about the A8. Huge increase in transistors (far more than I was expecting, and I still can't quite wrap my head around just what all of them are dedicated to). It will be interesting to see how 20nm affects battery life and heat output. 25% CPU performance increase is interesting. I wonder if that comes from higher clock speeds (they can probably afford that while keeping the TDP the same thanks to 20nm transistors), from improvements in the architecture or a combination.

For your comment about the Apple Watch.. I don't see how you can say that without bias. The watch seems to be built with much more in mind than simply notifications like Android Wear. I truly hope this pushes Google to up their game in the wearables department because honestly I would like something like that to pair up with my htc one m7.

I was literally only talking about looks dude, not the software. With wearables, it's as much about blending in and fashion as it is about the tech, like it or not. The first thing i thought of when i saw the iWatch was the old gear smartwatches, and the new sony smartwatch. They look ugly. Only the G watch R and moto 360 look decent enough to consider imho.

also, you have an m7 - I have an m8, and i'm  disappointed that HTC isn't going into smartwatches yet. How do you feel about it? just as a tangent :D

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

I was literally only talking about looks dude, not the software. With wearables, it's as much about blending in and fashion as it is about the tech, like it or not. The first thing i thought of when i saw the iWatch was the old gear smartwatches, and the new sony smartwatch. They look ugly. Only the G watch R and moto 360 look decent enough to consider imho.

That's fair, the moto360 looks the best to me currently. I'm not a fan of the g watch r due to it looking like a sports watch.

The thing for me, though, is that I truly don't believe the market will care if a smartwatch looks pretty if it doesn't do much for the $200-300 pricetag

That's fair, the moto360 looks the best to me currently. I'm not a fan of the g watch r due to it looking like a sports watch.

The thing for me, though, is that I truly don't believe the market will care if a smartwatch looks pretty if it doesn't do much for the $200-300 pricetag

Of course, it has to have function as well, but speaking only for myself, i wouldn't buy an amazingly functional square smartwatch (unless they managed to make that look good somehow) or a dumb good-looking one. If it's a wearable, i'd be wearing it everyday, and it would have to keep up with both my phone and my fashion. Apple nailed it with the variety of bands, but the actual watch puts me off.

I love the look of sportswatches, but that is part of the wearables problem - it's all subjective in terms of looks. While phones are generic rectangles for the most part, watches have a history of looks and smartwatches need to blend in properly. Moto 360 is closest, but as many have pointed out it uses old technology and has a shorter battery life than it's competitors.

Apparently, the delay in release for the iWatch is caused by battery concerns, according to business insider, so hopefully apple can set a precedent.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

Of course, it has to have function as well, but speaking only for myself, i wouldn't buy an amazingly functional square smartwatch (unless they managed to make that look good somehow) or a dumb good-looking one. If it's a wearable, i'd be wearing it everyday, and it would have to keep up with both my phone and my fashion. Apple nailed it with the variety of bands, but the actual watch puts me off.

I love the look of sportswatches, but that is part of the wearables problem - it's all subjective in terms of looks. While phones are generic rectangles for the most part, watches have a history of looks and smartwatches need to blend in properly. Moto 360 is closest, but as many have pointed out it uses old technology and has a shorter battery life than it's competitors.

Apparently, the delay in release for the iWatch is caused by battery concerns, according to business insider, so hopefully apple can set a precedent.

I wouldn't be surprised if apple pulled out some magical battery tech but we wouldn't be better off for it since they'd patent the crap out of it

Yeah I mentioned this earlier in the thread but I'll say it again. If you showed people a photo of the Motorola 360 and the Apple Watch one or two years ago, people would most likely say the 360 was made by Apple, and the Apple Watch was made by Samsung.

It looks like The Verge is in full damage control mode right now.

This is what their writer said in March:

Why can’t great smartwatches look like normal watches? Smartwatches, for the most part, can be divided into two categories: vague approximations of the future like the Pebble, Gear, and Gear Fit, or conventionally styled watches.

This is what the same writer said about the Apple Watch:

The Moto 360 is too aggressive. It's too big. It's too shiny. Its face is too large in comparison to its bezel. Its strap flops out from the edge of its case like a dog's tongue on a hot day. That's my opinion. Many will disagree with me, but I don't care. I will never wear a Moto 360. I might wear an Apple Watch, though. I expect millions of others might too.

I would have sworn that those two articles were written by two different people if it weren't for the "By Aaron Souppouris" at the top. It's as if he did a 360 and moonwalked away from his previous opinion.

Actual specs are live: http://www.apple.com/iphone-6/specs/

US contract phones? In the UK you can buy it unlocked but it is £500+ for the iP6 16GB. Gotta love our pricing. 

seems about average for an unlocked version from what i remember 

More expensive this time round i'm pretty sure. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Yeah I mentioned this earlier in the thread but I'll say it again. If you showed people a photo of the Motorola 360 and the Apple Watch one or two years ago, people would most likely say the 360 was made by Apple, and the Apple Watch was made by Samsung.

It looks like The Verge is in full damage control mode right now.

This is what their writer said in March:

This is what the same writer said about the Apple Watch:

I would have sworn that those two articles were written by two different people if it weren't for the "By Aaron Souppouris" at the top. It's as if he did a 360 and moonwalked away from his previous opinion.

Your first mistake was reading The Verge :P

So would it be generally acceptable to say that if the moto 360 and the Apple Watch had a baby it would be a pretty spectacular baby? 

I am going to assume that comment is aimed at me. Is that correct?

Give me a proper subject to talk about and we can have a friendly conversation. It's really hard to have a conversation with someone who says the iPhone is now perfect, and then I get flamed when I point out things which makes it anything but perfect in my eyes.

It's hard to have a proper conversation when some people tell everyone who don't agree with them to go away. A conversation with people who think exactly the same things as you do is kind of pointless. There really is no point in hearing your opinion being said by someone else, other than it makes you feel good.

I've said what I like about the new iPhone, and I have said what I dislike about it. For that I have been told to leave the thread and not participate in the conversation anymore.

You're trying to make anyone who dislikes Apple seem like the culprit here but the Apple side is just as bad. Neither side seems to invite to a mature discussion.

Oh and I disagree that it's easy to "take potshots and make crap posts". I think it's far easier to just dismiss someone's opinion because "I don't need that particular thing so therefore your point is invalid".

Dismissing someone's opinion as less valuable than yours is not exactly a good way to lead a friendly conversation either.

Uh... who here said that the iPhone was perfect?

Here is the answer: Nobody

Shocking, isn't it?

You are not getting flamed for "pointing out flaws", but you are being flamed for your attitude and approach into the matter. There are many ways to constructively criticize a thing. However, you are doing it wrong on so many levels...

And you are quite a hypocrite for what you said, because you are calling anybody who disagrees with you a "fanboy". You have even used that classification on somebody who is basically an Apple-hater. At that point, your arguments lose what ground it has.

I really do not know how many times we have to call you out, for you to get the message here. You are stubborn beyond belief, and you make sudden 180s in order to defend yourself. That is a big NO-NO in formal communications.  With that in mind, and in respect to our previous quarrels, you are getting a very nice taste of your own medicine.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Here is the answer: Nobody that guy that lawlz was replying to initially

-baseless accusations-

fixed, you hypocritical git

As an Apple lover i can't deny this picture and im fucking disappointed in last night's keynote.

There is a whole thread for this picture here on LTT.

I have said it before. Only because your Hyundai also has 4 wheels, 4 brakes, a 300BHP motor, etc. it is still far from being a Mercedes.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

There is a whole thread for this picture here on LTT.

I have said it before. Only because your Hyundai also has 4 wheels, 4 brakes, a 300BHP motor, etc. it is still far from being a Mercedes.

Umm no, clearly the only difference is the Mercedes logo. Stop being a fanboy ;)

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

-angry shitpost-

Quit being a white knight, and read back on the thread. LAwLz was making a broad accusation based on taking what somebody said out of context. 

Like I said, there is a difference between being formal and constructive, and being a internet superhero by attacking everything in front of them.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

You say that as if it validates your position, and thus the photo, when in reality it does neither and only serves to mark you as someone that doesn't understand why that picture doesn't make sense.

you really are a total tool welcome to ignore club

Umm no, clearly the only difference is the Mercedes logo. Stop being a fanboy ;)

dude you clearly know jack about cars

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Here is the answer: Nobody

Actually, if you trace the conversation back a few pages you will see that it originated with someone (can't remember who) saying that there was literally no valid criticism for the iPhone now that it has a bigger screen and NFC.

If you're saying something has no flaws at all, then you are saying that it is perfect (flawless and perfect are synonyms).

So yes, someone in this thread have in fact said it was perfect.

You are not getting flamed for "pointing out flaws", but you are being flamed for your attitude and approach into the matter. There are many ways to constructively criticize a thing. However, you are doing it wrong on so many levels...

Okay, how do you think I should have done it then? I really don't see how I had a bad attitude/approach if you look back at my earlier posts.

And you are quite a hypocrite for what you said, because you are calling anybody who disagrees with you a "fanboy". You have even used that classification on somebody who is basically an Apple-hater. At that point, your arguments lose what ground it has.

Please point out where I was a hypocrite. I don't call everyone who disagrees with me a fanboy. Not by a long shot. ShadowCaptain and I have disagreed earlier in the thread and neither of us resorted to name calling. What have people called me in this thread in response? Let's see, pathetic, keyboard warrior, blindly trusting Google, hater, people saying that nobody should care about me, telling me to leave, and many more things.

I have made 1 personal attack and I apologized for that. I have had maybe 10 personal attacks thrown at me before and after I made that post, and you think I am the problem?

I really do not know how many times we have to call you out, for you to get the message here. You are stubborn beyond belief, and you make sudden 180s in order to defend yourself. That is a big NO-NO in formal communications.  With that in mind, and in respect to our previous quarrels, you are getting a very nice taste of your own medicine.

Please point out where I made a 180. Also, how am I getting "a very nice taste of your own medicine"? I am getting a ton of personal attacks thrown at me but only threw 1 back (and apologized for it).

I've even tried to steer the topic into a more friendly territory but you pulled it back, and is now calling other peoples' posts "shit posts". You're the bully here, not me.

This will be the second, and last post I will make in this thread which isn't about an Apple product. I don't want to talk crap about other users on the forum. I want to talk about products (both the good and bad).

Quit being a white knight, and read back on the thread. LAwLz was making a broad accusation based on taking what somebody said out of context. 

Like I said, there is a difference between being formal and constructive, and being a internet superhero by attacking everything in front of them.

Wow mate. You clearly have no clue what a white knight is. Please, look it up.

He has pointed out points formally and constructively throughout and has been told that the points are invalid because reasons, and his voice isn't welcome on the topic. Don't you think that's a little stupid on a forum, a place for civil discussion?

Oh wait - your the same guy who said 'theres no censorship going on here, plz lock thread' on a different topic. Guess this is par for the course.

I know its tempting to try and one up each other in the manhood department, but if you can't handle the discourse here and have to descend into straw man and ad hominem attacks, leave this thread. Now. 

Take that crap elsewhere. This goes for everyone. 

I have had it up to here with threads going to hell because a few people can't keep it in their pants and just need to flex their keyboard warrior muscles. Save that shit for reddit or 4chan or the YouTube comments section, but not here. 

I know its tempting to try and one up each other in the manhood department, but if you can't handle the discourse here and have to descend into straw man and ad hominem attacks, leave this thread. Now. 

Take that crap elsewhere. This goes for everyone. 

I have had it up to here with threads going to hell because a few people can't keep it in their pants and just need to flex their keyboard warrior muscles. Save that shit for reddit or 4chan or the YouTube comments section, but not here. 

Most people see things in singular colors of black and white, and nothing more than that.

You and I, as well as a few others, can see the entire wave spectrum.

It may be a "hurr durr internet" thing, but LTT used to be much better than this. The fact that I can see the decline, as a relatively new member, is rather alarming, to say the least.

Back on topic then...

Apple pay looks sweet. Infrastructure will benefit all unless propriatary software is used, which means NFC can finally become ubiquitous in retail. No longer will i have to travel miles to that one mcdonalds in the city which supports mobile payments.

That said, It's US only along with google wallet. Hope someone starts the ball rolling worldwide, and fast, because otherwise competitors could get a head start with propriatary shit.

Always loved the idea of mobile payments. Oyster cards are cool but I can't wait for the day i can pay for my new phone with my old one

Apple's new smart glass!
ZAeknnt.gif

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Apple pay looks sweet. Infrastructure will benefit all unless propriatary software is used, which means NFC can finally become ubiquitous in retail. No longer will i have to travel miles to that one mcdonalds in the city which supports mobile payments.

That said, It's US only along with google wallet. Hope someone starts the ball rolling worldwide, and fast, because otherwise competitors could get a head start with propriatary shit.

Always loved the idea of mobile payments. Oyster cards are cool but I can't wait for the day i can pay for my new phone with my old one

I doubt that it will be proprietary. I really hope it's not at least.

That would only cripple adoption and my guess is that Apple (and everyone else involved such as Google) want this to be adopted as quickly as possible.

Sometimes living outside the US kind of sucks... Oh well, gotta start somewhere.