iPhone 6 - Live Stream and All Updates (FINALLY FORMATTED(ish))

The price in the UK is bullshit.

16gb model:

Direct currency conversion:

$199 = £127 (no VAT or import)

what it actually costs

£539 = $870 

£90 of that is VAT, where did the other £320 come from???

Americans only give you the price on contract, they get their pants pulled down for them too.

That's like o2 store saying 'iPhone 6 only £49 with £36pm 24mnth contract'

Americans only give you the price on contract, they get their pants pulled down for them too.

That's like o2 store saying 'iPhone 6 only £49 with £36pm 24mnth contract'

oh ok, that makes a lot more sense 

I don't really think 5.5'' is that big. Granted they actually improve the ridiculous bezel size.

5.5 isn't big at all, my G3 fits very nicely

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

There is literally no solid reason to complain about the iPhone now. You got a big iPhone! That's all you complained about! You got NFC!

Of course, I realize that 'customizability' of Android is really worth it.

wireless charging ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Kid I think you are so lost in trying to be a forum warrior you forgot and started making stuff up.

I never defended Apple. I think Apple products are a joke for the most part.

Why I own a crazy expensive pc and not a trashcan mac. Or why I have a S3, S4, S5 and a Note 3, soon the 4.

When did I start making stuff up?

Sorry for saying you were blinded by your Applefanboy-ism. I really don't see any basis in your personal attack though, that I am a "keyboard warrior that believe everything Google tells them".

I'm looking forward to checking out the 4.7" one, but at those laughable prices I will never end up actually buying one. It's too thin anyway. Should have used a bigger battery. I like the battery life of my iPad2 and I expect nothing less from an iPhone.

I don't agree that it's too thin, but I think they should have made the back curved. Thin and flat things don't really fit in our hands that well.

It's hard to judge before actually holding one but that's the impression I get from the photos.

Not sure if all iphone reveals are this weak or if this is a particularly mediocre one. Also good luck with that pebble looking piece of shit, I'm just dying to hear about how elegantly designed that wristband turd is.

This one was kind of weak. As much as I hate Steve Jobs I have to admit he was a very good speaker. He could make anything sound amazing.

I think having a top mounted button is really uncomfortable, especially on these larger devices. Apple does think about these things, you know.

Yep, and so do most other phone manufacturers. I don't know why some *cough* HTC *cough* think it's acceptable to put the power button on the top where it's pretty much impossible to reach.

If you get sad because someone points out your future phone isn't absolutely flawless then I don't know what to say. I didn't claim it to be flawless. Nor do I think anyone here seriously thought it was flawless.

You didn't say it was flawless, but the person I was replying to did. He said that there was literally no reason to complain about the iPhone now that it got a bigger screen and NFC, and that those were the only reasons people complained before.

Sorry I guess? I don't like the "ignorance is bliss" deal though. You can't make proper judgement if you don't know the pros and cons of all the options. We're not making judgments. The products cannot yet be purchased. Hence why we're trying to discuss it, before you barge in and tell everyone not to buy it. You can do that later, these precious three days are for us.

When did I tell anyone not to buy it? I am just discussing the phone as well. I have said my opinion on it as well as listed things I think they did right, and things I think are still missing on it.

Yep and I point out the lack of those features on Android and Windows phone as well. No phone on the market is perfect (right now at least) and I think it's important to know that when making a purchase. That's a tautology. Nothing, and by extension no phone, can be perfect.

Sure, no phone is perfect. That's why I think it's important to know the pros and cons of all the alternatives so that you can make an informed purchase.

Again, the one that started this whole conversation was someone who said that there was no longer any sold complain about the iPhone since the only thing people complained about was the small screen and the lack of NFC.

Tell me more how you use 64-bit on your phone.

Personally I am really looking forward to see 64bit Android phones. The Snapdragon 810 looks amazing.

If they would sell it for $400 they would lose money for every phone sold.

No

Phones are far cheaper to manufacture than you think. Even at 400 dollars they would have a pretty decent margin. At 300 dollars they might be fairly even if you include all the R&D that want into it. The parts, assembly and licensing fees probably cost about 250 dollars for the 5.5" iPhone. 50 dollars profit on each iPhone sold would probably more than make up for the rest of their expenses.

Not saying that they should sell it for 300 dollars, but I don't think they would lose money by doing it. Especially not when you take into consideration that more people would buy them and therefore they would get more money from things like app sales as well.

Because all the shit I quoted above you, while unproductive and useless, is fun for the people who post it. Completely predictable, I realize, but it's still fun for them.

"Hey Android users, when are you going to get 64-bit? Two years from now? What about custom graphics APIs?"

Ugh. I just can't do it. It just feels wrong.

Go watch linus 64 bit techquick and come back

I'm wrong see this.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

No

Phones are far cheaper to manufacture than you think. ...

I am aware of the numbers (200-250$) you are referring to, but these are really only the material and assembly costs.

There is so much happening before and after the production line.

Take a look at Apples financial statement. 62% makes up the cost of revenue. That doesn't include any profit, selling expenses, r&d, service and support (!).

The operating margin is about 29%. If we take the cheapest iPhone (margin is lowest) the operating cost for that are $649 * 71% = $460

So yes, if they would sell it at a price of $400 they would make a loss.

After taxes they have a profit margin of about 21%

-> $136 profit for selling a $649 device. This arguably is still a lot, though comparable to other companies in the tech branch.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Mobile payments, excited for. Everything else is literally just catch-up. The Watch looks rushed and ugly (Reminds me of the gear smartwatches). Expected better from apple.

The iPhone shook things up. 3.5 inches was massive for the time. The smart-dumb balance was brilliant. Every iPhone since has been riding on it's coattails.

Also so much bullshit in the presentation. First this, first that. Honestly this has gotten into fox-news territory.

I'm most pissed off about the discontinuation of the iPod classic. I was saving up for one, no comparable players in the market, then bam. By the time i can get one the stock will have gone. Steve jobs apple died with steve jobs. It's just a matter of time before apple is phased out, which is sad.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

I am soo disappointed with the "Apple WATCH". This design really shows how much they've changed in the past couple years. They've decided to go with a square face.... :( , which to me shows- design went in with the concept of "SMART" watch first... this product should have been designed like a Watch with a round face, just like how Motorola tackled it.

All I can say now is... we miss you Steve Jobs!!

rant: DAFAQ is up with the camera bump!? iphone 6... PLUS? ....Companies need to learn how to name their products better. :angry:

Sigh, guess ill be picking up a Xperia Z2 (or Note 4) soon... My Nexus 5 has served me well.

I think they didn't go for a round face becoz Samsung or Motorola patented the circular smartwatch design? It is just a guess, and I could be wrong....

-snip-

Personally I am really looking forward to see 64bit Android phones. The Snapdragon 810 looks amazing.

-snip-

Why tell me why?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I think they didn't go for a round face becoz Samsung or Motorola patented the circular smartwatch design? It is just a guess, and I could be wrong....

well, although imho the moto360 and especially the G Watch R with its round display look nicer, most content on that watch will be rectangular anyway ...

I really like the design of the iPhone 6 with it's round edges, but the "Watch" looks kind a dumb (not smart) and fat.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

No. You can't patent a circular watch. Think about it.

Why tell me why?

Not Lawlz, but high end android smartphones have been pushing the limits in RAM and need for large files. The Z2 had 3GB of Ram, and it's 4GB when you see the improvement, as if I remember correctly its close to 3.5GB of ram that can be addressed by 32 bit systems.

It means we can continue to evolve with smartphones. With android pushing the boundaries, 64-bit is needed and fast. Go watch techquickie, apple did it in anticipation for the future, but android's future is here already.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

wireless charging ??

You can technically wirelessly charge, using an accessory :P

Mobile payments, excited for. Everything else is literally just catch-up.

Mobile payment was catch-up as well.

Why tell me why?

Because of this.

That sounds like something Apple could get away with, but not anyone else.

I am pretty sure Motorola don't have a patent on a round watch.

Mobile payment was catch-up as well.

Because of this.

That sounds like something Apple could get away with, but not anyone else.

I am pretty sure Motorola don't have a patent on a round watch.

Not Lawlz, but high end android smartphones have been pushing the limits in RAM and need for large files. The Z2 had 3GB of Ram, and it's 4GB when you see the improvement, as if I remember correctly its close to 3.5GB of ram that can be addressed by 32 bit systems.

It means we can continue to evolve with smartphones. With android pushing the boundaries, 64-bit is needed and fast. Go watch techquickie, apple did it in anticipation for the future, but android's future is here already.

Sorry, I was wrong. Samsung had filed patents for a circular smartwatch, but I'm not sure if Samsung has granted the patent....

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/samsung-patent-reveals-plans-circular-smartwatch/

Sorry, I was wrong. Samsung had filed patents for a circular smartwatch, but I'm not sure if Samsung has granted the patent....

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/samsung-patent-reveals-plans-circular-smartwatch/

Clickbait. If my understanding of the patent systems in the world is correct, judging by the article this isn't a patent for a smartwatch, this is a series of patents on usability involving a circular smartwatch. Big difference. You can't patent a round watch.

You can technically wirelessly charge, using an accessory :P

you are right but I meant built in wireless charger, but on the other side I'm excited that apple is adopting NFC.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

So maybe iPhone RAM is upgradable? and see this, I was wrong sorry.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I have been a devoted user of pebble and pebble steel and I want watch so bad. Can't use android gear:/

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

To everyone that I said go watch linus 64 bit techquicke I'm sorry I was wrong see this.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Clickbait. If my understanding of the patent systems in the world is correct, judging by the article this isn't a patent for a smartwatch, this is a series of patents on usability involving a circular smartwatch. Big difference. You can't patent a round watch.

Yeah it seems like the patents are regarding the movable bezel and the specific gestures, not "we not have a monopoly on round watches".

At least I hope it is, because otherwise that's one awful patent.

Yeah it seems like the patents are regarding the movable bezel and the specific gestures, not "we not have a monopoly on round watches".

At least I hope it is, because otherwise that's one awful patent.

It looks like I have misread it, sorry, I'm wrong....

It looks like I have misread it, sorry, I'm wrong....

Dude, a forum is a place for discussion. If there weren't disagreements it wouldn't be much of a discussion. You stated your opinion, you cited a source, you were corrected - nothing to apologise for mate ^^

you are right but I meant built in wireless charger, but on the other side I'm excited that apple is adopting NFC.

Yeah, the fact that they partnered with huge retailers day-one is awesome.