iPhone 6 - Live Stream and All Updates (FINALLY FORMATTED(ish))

I liked thing. Probably won't get one, but let's see what reviewers have to say.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I'm looking forward to checking out the 4.7" one, but at those laughable prices I will never end up actually buying one. It's too thin anyway. Should have used a bigger battery. I like the battery life of my iPad2 and I expect nothing less from an iPhone.

The watch looks like something that Deal Extreme would sell. Not sure what Mr. Ive was thinking.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Not sure if all iphone reveals are this weak or if this is a particularly mediocre one. Also good luck with that pebble looking piece of shit, I'm just dying to hear about how elegantly designed that wristband turd is.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Make them prices off-contract Apple and you'll rule the mobile market surely. In this case, I'll stick to buying the new Moto G 2nd Gen.

any news on a new Mac Mini, old man needs a new computer 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Wow what a debate here. Let me sum this up from a objective side. It is overhyped and overexpensive for what it is. It is a good phone for a 400 dollars max.

Came here to see welcome to Apple users to year of 2012.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

I really don't know much how Apple defines the word "INNOVATION"

Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.3ghz GPU: Asus GTX 770 Direct CU II SLI RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinums 4x4g 1866 PSU: Seasonic M12II 850w Bronze Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256g x 2 (Raid 0) - WDC Black 1tb Case: Corsair 500R

Sufficient and very good are two different things.

It's the "it's a phone so we don't need the best" argument yet again...

Maybe the people complaining want their smartphone to be their main camera?

"Just get a second camera" is not really a good argument. By that logic, why even have a camera in the phone to begin with? I mean, why have a camera in the phone if you're going to have a better camera with you anyway?

Limited storage is a bullshit reason. The flash costs very little and they could very well have made 32GB the standard mode instead of the bullshit 16GB they are doing right now. Hell, I'm even gonna go as far as to say they could have made 64BG the standard, or at least a 50 dollar upgrade (from 32GB).

They removed the 32GB model when they should have removed the 16GB one.

"Fine" and "the best they could offer" are two different things. Sure, for 99% of people 1080p will be good. But for 100% of people, the option for 4K would have been better.

If you by "retina" mean "a marketing term Apple invented which does not really have anything to do with the actual limit of the human eye" then yes, 300 PPI is retina.

It's actually quite a bit higher than the iPhone 5S.

iPhone 5S - 326 PPI

5.5" iPhone - 400 PPI

Nexus 5 445 PPI  #PPIMASTERREACE wooh *linus voice*

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

watch looks kinda thick

seeing that the bands can come off and be swapped around, would be nice to see third part bands and accessories/apps/functionality for them.

What I would like to see is a third party band with integrated spy camera on it with app to control it. (Don't ask why)

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Welp... so much for a civil conversation.

The watch is a little "unusual" for my liking, and while the iPhone department looks rather impressive, I have a 4S that is still serving me well.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

finally phone/nfc based credit cards will be a thing.

and i gotta say, the Apple event happened like 5mins from my house :P

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Welp... so much for a civil conversation.

Why use logic and reason when you can just bash the other side without having to put an ounce of thinking into your words?

The civility was good while it lasted. 

Good

I think having a top mounted button is really uncomfortable, especially on these larger devices. Apple does think about these things, you know.

If you get sad because someone points out your future phone isn't absolutely flawless then I don't know what to say. I didn't claim it to be flawless. Nor do I think anyone here seriously thought it was flawless.

Sorry I guess? I don't like the "ignorance is bliss" deal though. You can't make proper judgement if you don't know the pros and cons of all the options. We're not making judgments. The products cannot yet be purchased. Hence why we're trying to discuss it, before you barge in and tell everyone not to buy it. You can do that later, these precious three days are for us.

Yep and I point out the lack of those features on Android and Windows phone as well. No phone on the market is perfect (right now at least) and I think it's important to know that when making a purchase. That's a tautology. Nothing, and by extension no phone, can be perfect. 

Not sure if all iphone reveals are this weak or if this is a particularly mediocre one. Also good luck with that pebble looking piece of shit, I'm just dying to hear about how elegantly designed that wristband turd is.

Came here to see welcome to Apple users to year of 2012.

I really don't know much how Apple defines the word "INNOVATION"

Why use logic and reason when you can just bash the other side without having to put an ounce of thinking into your words?

The civility was good while it lasted. 

Because all the shit I quoted above you, while unproductive and useless, is fun for the people who post it. Completely predictable, I realize, but it's still fun for them.

"Hey Android users, when are you going to get 64-bit? Two years from now? What about custom graphics APIs?"

Ugh. I just can't do it. It just feels wrong.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Because all the shit I quoted above you, while unproductive and useless, is fun for the people who post it. Completely predictable, I realize, but it's still fun for them.

"Hey Android users, when are you going to get 64-bit? Two years from now? What about custom graphics APIs?"

Ugh. I just can't do it. It just feels wrong.

Because it IS wrong...

Tell me more how you use 64-bit on your phone.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

also, the tap communication feature is kinda gimmicky unless you know Morse code

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

i-watch design sucks! :angry:  i'm really dissapointed on that one...

Details separate people.

also, the tap communication feature is kinda gimmicky unless you know Morse code

.-- .... --- / -.. --- -. .----. - / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . ..--..

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I may own an apple product, but I'm not that quite excited with the new iPhone 6 and 6+ tbh. The design is kinda meh. I almost fainted when I saw the pricing but then realised it's with 2 years contract. One can only imagine an iPhone to be that cheap off contract. Haha. But that A8 chip they're using might be a mobile powerhouse from what I can deduce from the livestream (84x more powerful they say?). Still prefers a WP though. Lumia high end phone cameras are just too good. That and a Cortana smartwatch which may or may not come in the near future. Me never alone again.LOL. But I like the design of the iWatch it's kinda cool and not too geeky or trying hard to be/look premium.

I may own an apple product, but I'm not that quite excited with the new iPhone 6 and 6+ tbh. The design is kinda meh. I almost fainted when I saw the pricing but then realised it's with 2 years contract. One can only imagine an iPhone to be that cheap off contract. Haha. But that A8 chip they're using might be a mobile powerhouse from what I can deduce from the livestream (84x more powerful they say?). Still prefers a WP though. Lumia high end phone cameras are just too good. That and a Cortana smartwatch which may or may not come in the near future. Me never alone again.LOL. But I like the design of the iWatch it's kinda cool and not too geeky or trying hard to be/look premium.

Frankly, I don't get why people care so much about the price of the iPhone. They're quite easy to sell as they hold their value quite well. You're almost guaranteed to get at least the extra you paid when compared to a flagship android phone. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Frankly, I don't get why people care so much about the price of the iPhone. They're quite easy to sell as they hold their value quite well. You're almost guaranteed to get at least the extra you paid when compared to a flagship android phone. 

I do care because you are not in this part of the world where it cost way more than what it is in the US. Up till today an iPhone 5S 64gb still sells at $1000 = MYR3200 off contract. Even if they hold their value quite well, it'd be hard to sell it as a used unit when there are so many newer phones out there which cost way lesser and have on par or even better build quality/features. let's be honest, they can actually still lower down the price a bit and still compete just nice with the competitors. Let's not just become one of the herds that blindly accepts everything and maybe start asking for something that might actually benefits us potential customers too,am I right? Who doesn't want a cheaper priced premium phone..

Wow what a debate here. Let me sum this up from a objective side. It is overhyped and overexpensive for what it is. It is a good phone for a 400 dollars max.

If they would sell it for $400 they would lose money for every phone sold.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

A point would be the smallest thing anyone could notice,right?

Well...each pixel has sub-pixels.Thus,not being the smallest one and not being a point.

By definition you can't really notice a point, right?

If you can't differentiate between indiviual pixels, you most likely can't differentiate between sub-pixels (as they are even smaller according to you), RIGHT?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I am soo disappointed with the "Apple WATCH". This design really shows how much they've changed in the past couple years. They've decided to go with a square face.... :( , which to me shows- design went in with the concept of "SMART" watch first... this product should have been designed like a Watch with a round face, just like how Motorola tackled it.

All I can say now is... we miss you Steve Jobs!!

rant: DAFAQ is up with the camera bump!? iphone 6... PLUS? ....Companies need to learn how to name their products better. :angry:

Sigh, guess ill be picking up a Xperia Z2 (or Note 4) soon... My Nexus 5 has served me well.

CPU: Intel i7-3770k (@4.4Ghz) Mobo: Asus Maximus V Gene Z77 RAM: 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence SSD:120GB Samsung EVO & 128GB Crucial M4 (Fast Storage) Storage: Hitach 3TB HDD GPU: Powercolor R9 290 PCS+ CPU Block: EK Supremacy Gold Clean CSQ Radiatiors: Alphacool NexXxoS Full Copper XT45 120mm, ST30 280mm & XT45 280mm w/ 140mm Phanteks PWM PSU: Corsair HX-650w Gold Soundcard: Asus Xense Case: Corsair Carbide A540 (Black & Gold) Front Panel: NZXT Hue & BitFenix Hydra Pro Speakers: Swan M200MKIII HeadsetSennheiser PC350 (Xense Edition)

The price in the UK is bullshit.

16gb model:

Direct currency conversion:

$199 = £127 (no VAT or import)

what it actually costs

£539 = $870 

£90 of that is VAT, where did the other £320 come from???