iPhone 6 - Live Stream and All Updates (FINALLY FORMATTED(ish))

Dude. That's fucking childish. 'Trust me i know more'. 64 bit is a necessary step for both android and apple. It has benefits. Lawlz made a brilliant post on it, which he linked in this thread a few posts ago. Thats all there is to it.

What's childish is acting like it's not a necessary step, like the person who I was replying to said. I could spend a page-long post talking about the benefits of 64-bit, but it's not for here and I don't have the time to do it right now. The Unix post was mostly a one-off.

I was literally only talking about looks dude, not the software. With wearables, it's as much about blending in and fashion as it is about the tech, like it or not. The first thing i thought of when i saw the iWatch was the old gear smartwatches, and the new sony smartwatch. They look ugly. Only the G watch R and moto 360 look decent enough to consider imho.

It seems fairly neutral to me, it's not designed to be aggressive looking. The idea is you pick a face color and style and customize the way it really looks with the bands. I suggest you read http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/hodinkee-apple-watch-review if you like to know how a watch guy feels about it. He thinks they nailed the design to the wall.

Of course, it has to have function as well, but speaking only for myself, i wouldn't buy an amazingly functional square smartwatch (unless they managed to make that look good somehow) or a dumb good-looking one. If it's a wearable, i'd be wearing it everyday, and it would have to keep up with both my phone and my fashion. Apple nailed it with the variety of bands, but the actual watch puts me off.

I love the look of sportswatches, but that is part of the wearables problem - it's all subjective in terms of looks. While phones are generic rectangles for the most part, watches have a history of looks and smartwatches need to blend in properly. Moto 360 is closest, but as many have pointed out it uses old technology and has a shorter battery life than it's competitors.

For me it does come down to a lot more than just the functionality. The looks are perhaps the most important part, but here's where we disagree: I think the Moto 360 is too much of a compromise. Functionality is lost on a round display, because not only is it not square, you have to deal with it not being perfectly round either. I'm also not a fan of skeuomorphic design, but if you are, YMMV. It just seems too skeuomorphic to me.

The 360 is also enormous compared to the Apple watch. The larger Apple watch is 42mm, (smaller is 38mm) while the Moto 360 is 46mm, single size. Not only is it nearly impossible for most women to wear, as someone with small wrists, the 360 is just too large. The 38mm Apple Watch is almost an entire centimeter smaller, an engineering achievement that should not be overlooked if the battery life is good.

I doubt that it will be proprietary. I really hope it's not at least.

That would only cripple adoption and my guess is that Apple (and everyone else involved such as Google) want this to be adopted as quickly as possible.

Sometimes living outside the US kind of sucks... Oh well, gotta start somewhere.

I'm pretty sure it's worldwide. It just emulates the RFID in most plastic cards using NFC. And I also wouldn't be surprised if it's Apple only, at least for a while, because look at the name, and also I'll be honest here, it's Apple.

-snip-

You aren't even being cohesively mean anymore, just random. Please take it to the shitposting thread.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

-snip-

iPhone vs. Android Flagship 

• CPU: Dual core A8 vs. Quad core Snapdragon (we all know how much the number of cores actually matters)--for non-gaming use they perform virtually the same (look up almost any speed test comparing an iphone 5s to One M8/S5/other). As for gaming I'm not sure as I don't play games (so i dont really care either). 
  • GPU: See above.
  • RAM: Again, see above. Yes, the iPhone has much less RAM--but does it matter?--iOS is much lighter than Android. 
  • Screen Size: 4.7"/5.5" vs. 4.7"/5"/5.5" 
  • Resolution: Lower resolution than Android, but in actual functionality it's a small difference. 
  • Camera: iPhone's camera is superior to everything (excluding Xperias) 
  • Battery: Android's the clear winner, but even with the iPhone I still dont burn through a battery in a day anyway.  
  • Memory: Android's also the clear winner, as memory is expandable and cheaper. 
  • Price: Android is cheaper, but the price difference can be made it during a resale as Apple products hold their value exceedingly well.
  • Gimmicky features: iPhone/Galaxy's fingerprint scanner, Water resistance, IR blaster, NFC, 64 bit, multi user support (on a phone).

Android vs. iOS

• Customizability: Android is clearly ahead--until you jailbreak an iPhone then they're pretty similar 
  • Free apps: easy to download any app off the internet (as can a jailbroken iPhone download stuff from Cydia) 
  • Root access: Android wins since its not possible on the iPhone. 
  • Interface: virtually the same 
  • Android is closer tied to google while iOS is closely intertwined with OSX. 
  • Notification/command center: slightly better on Android (until iPhone is jailbroken) 
  • Tethering: Tethering used to be easily doable for free on Android compared to an iPhone, but this may (?) be possible for free with iOS as you can share a connection with a mac (although, Im not sure if it requires an additional tethering fee or not). 

So, what did I miss? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'm pretty sure it's worldwide. It just emulates the RFID in most plastic cards using NFC. And I also wouldn't be surprised if it's Apple only, at least for a while, because look at the name, and also I'll be honest here, it's Apple.

It seems like it won't just be emulating the RFID, since it will interact with the finger print scanner.

Also, they said during the keynotes that it will launch in the US. It might be because they don't have deals with European and Asian banks (yet).

CNN wrote a few reasons why they think it's only in the US.

RAM: Again, see above. Yes, the iPhone has much less RAM--but does it matter?--iOS is much lighter than Android. 

Depends on what you are going to use it for, but for my usage it matters a lot. According to GSMArena the iPhone 6 Plus has 2GB of RAM and I really really hope that's true.

Price: Android is cheaper, but the price difference can be made it during a resale as Apple products hold their value exceedingly well.

That depends on which phones you are comparing. A lot of times the flagship devices from other companies will be very similar to the iPhone.

Here in Sweden, the price difference between the Note 4 and the iPhone 6 Plus is 400 SEK (about 56 dollars). Not a whole lot when the Note 4 is 986 dollars and the iPhone is 1041 (did I say that I think prices on phones are bullshit yet? Because I really think they are).

Gimmicky features: iPhone/Galaxy's fingerprint scanner, Water resistance, IR blaster, NFC, 64 bit, multi user support (on a phone).

I think gimmick is a pretty strong word. For some people, those "gimmicks" are very useful.

Camera: iPhone's camera is superior to everything (excluding Xperias) 

I can't comment on the iPhone 6 but that statement was certainly not true for the iPhone 5S. I don't think the Xperia Z2 had an amazing camera either.

It seems like it won't just be emulating the RFID, since it will interact with the finger print scanner.

Also, they said during the keynotes that it will launch in the US. It might be because they don't have deals with European and Asian banks (yet).

CNN wrote a few reasons why they think it's only in the US.

Depends on what you are going to use it for, but for my usage it matters a lot. According to GSMArena the iPhone 6 Plus has 2GB of RAM and I really really hope that's true.

They said that it would be available through the Watch for over 200 million iPhone 5-6 Plus users worldwide on their press release here: https://www.apple.com/pr/library/2014/09/09Apple-Announces-Apple-Pay.html

Also you're right, I watched the keynote again, (you should probably too) and there's a ton of security stuff. It still seems to work over the existing RFID implementation though. And they certainly have a lot of retailers on board.

Wait? You hope it has 2GB of RAM? You're not thinking of actually buying one, are you? *shudders*

jk

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

1) Depends on what you are going to use it for, but for my usage it matters a lot. According to GSMArena the iPhone 6 Plus has 2GB of RAM and I really really hope that's true.

2) That depends on which phones you are comparing. A lot of times the flagship devices from other companies will be very similar to the iPhone.

Here in Sweden, the price difference between the Note 4 and the iPhone 6 Plus is 400 SEK (about 56 dollars). Not a whole lot when the Note 4 is 986 dollars and the iPhone is 1041 (did I say that I think prices on phones are bullshit yet? Because I really think they are).

3) I think gimmick is a pretty strong word. For some people, those "gimmicks" are very useful.

4) I can't comment on the iPhone 6 but that statement was certainly not true for the iPhone 5S. I don't think the Xperia Z2 had an amazing camera either.

1. I'd still like someone to actually do a RAM test on both Android and iPhone, I'm curious to know how much RAM is actually needed for both. Fair enough, if you actually need the RAM then more is certainly beneficial, but if you don't need more then it's a meaningless spec. But, certainly an important one for some/many people. 
  2. Yes, prices are no question bullshit. And, well, I can only speak for US prices...a 64gb iPhone 6 is $300 whereas a One M8 was $200 new (I may be wrong about the One M8s price--not sure). But the different in price can usually be made up when you go to resell an iPhone simply because Apple doesn't discount the current model--so the prices are quite stable. 
  3. Some people, yes. But most people, they're pretty useless. Just look at the S5, they add a whole bunch of features to get people "ooh'ing and ahhh'ing", but how many of those features actually get used regularly? 
  4. What camera was better than the 5s? I haven't personally used the Xperias but I've heard good things about their (not sure which one though--1/2/3) cameras. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

They said that it would be available through the Watch for over 200 million iPhone 5-6 Plus users worldwide on their press release here: https://www.apple.com/pr/library/2014/09/09Apple-Announces-Apple-Pay.html

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but I interpret their press release as "If you get the watch you will be able to use Apple pay even if you got an older iPhone, and there are 200 million of those people in the world", not "Apple Pay will work for 200 million people world wide".

if you look further down the press info you see this:

Starting in October, with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Apple Pay will be available in the US as a free update to iOS 8.

If it was a world wide launch I think they wouldn't have specifically mentioned it being available in the US.

Also you're right, I watched the keynote again, (you should probably too) and there's a ton of security stuff. It still seems to work over the existing RFID implementation though. And they certainly have a lot of retailers on board.

Yeah it most likely support card emulation hardware wise. It's the software side I am not so sure about. It's not really far fetched to assume Apple has gone an "all or nothing" route with it. You either use it the way they intended it, or not at all.

They didn't mention emulating RFID cards so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not supported. Maybe someone will make an app for it.

Wait? You hope it has 2GB of RAM? You're not thinking of actually buying one, are you? *shudders*

jk

Haha ; )

No I won't buy it. I don't feel like spending a small fortune on a smartphone right now (any smartphone for that matter). I genuinely do want Apple to release good products though. I want them to release as good of a product as possible.

Even if I won't buy it for myself, it's still nice for the people who do buy it, and the better it is the more pressure it puts on all other manufacturers.

What camera was better than the 5s? I haven't personally used the Xperias but I've heard good things about their (not sure which one though--1/2/3) cameras. 

LG G2 and G3. If you look at performance in darker scenes then the HTC m7 and m8 were far superior as well.

For video basically anything with OIS was better.

If you include Windows Phones then I am sure you can find some Nokia phones with better cameras as well.

The Xperia Z2 has a good camera don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's *that* amazing.

It will be interesting to see how big of a difference there will be between the 6 and 6 Plus in darker scenes. The OIS should allow the 6 Plus to take far better photos (longer exposure time).

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but I interpret their press release as "If you get the watch you will be able to use Apple pay even if you got an older iPhone, and there are 200 million of those people in the world", not "Apple Pay will work for 200 million people world wide". That's a valid interpretation too. It would mean they're slightly twisting the number though. I wouldn't be surprised if it's international eventually, if not immediately.

if you look further down the press info you see this:

If it was a world wide launch I think they wouldn't have specifically mentioned it being available in the US. I was watching it during a Physics course in the back of the class with the sound off, so I'm not really sure either. I saw a picture of the american flag and then the "international" symbol. I assumed it meant worldwide availability at some point.

Yeah it most likely support card emulation hardware wise. It's the software side I am not so sure about. It's not really far fetched to assume Apple has gone an "all or nothing" route with it. You either use it the way they intended it, or not at all. If you watch the keynote they go fairly in depth.

They didn't mention emulating RFID cards so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not supported. Maybe someone will make an app for it. No, I didn't mean emulation. I mean I think it communicates using the same things they have now in a lot of stores.

Haha ; )

No I won't buy it. I don't feel like spending a small fortune on a smartphone right now (any smartphone for that matter). I genuinely do want Apple to release good products though. I want them to release as good of a product as possible.

Even if I won't buy it for myself, it's still nice for the people who do buy it, and the better it is the more pressure it puts on all other manufacturers. Agreed.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

1. I'd still like someone to actually do a RAM test on both Android and iPhone, I'm curious to know how much RAM is actually needed for both. Fair enough, if you actually need the RAM then more is certainly beneficial, but if you don't need more then it's a meaningless spec. But, certainly an important one for some/many people. 
  2. Yes, prices are no question bullshit. And, well, I can only speak for US prices...a 64gb iPhone 6 is $300 whereas a One M8 was $200 new (I may be wrong about the One M8s price--not sure). But the different in price can usually be made up when you go to resell an iPhone simply because Apple doesn't discount the current model--so the prices are quite stable. 
  3. Some people, yes. But most people, they're pretty useless. Just look at the S5, they add a whole bunch of features to get people "ooh'ing and ahhh'ing", but how many of those features actually get used regularly? 
  4. What camera was better than the 5s? I haven't personally used the Xperias but I've heard good things about their (not sure which one though--1/2/3) cameras. 

My Lumia 920 is quite beastly with the camera but I prefer the shots that my 5 throws out just as much. Apple knows their cameras more than most, certainly more than Samsung who thinks high MP means anything anymore.

yeah ... cause size is the ONLY reason to buy an iPhone.

only PHYSICAL reason including hardware.

As quoted from Marques Brownlee himself,

"If it was made by some other company, Samsung for example, and they come out and say ;'here is our revolutionary new watch. It's a square, it has a knob on the side, it has this really weird software and it only works with our phones. You might have laughed it off the stage if that was a Samsung Galaxy Gear, or whatever it was-'"

"if you take the Apple logo away from the iPhone 6 would people stand up and cheer so much as if Apple had invented something revolutionary? If I recall from discussions of many iPhone users the response has always been "I don't need a bigger display, I don't need NFC payment, I don't need (insert Android feature here)." It's disappointing that a company who has set so many trends is now looking at it's competitors to adapt and slowly improve on their eco system."

There is no revolutionary bullcrap here other than advancements in half-assed advertising in a British Accent. The tables have been laid for all to see and it's nothing but the truth.

only PHYSICAL reason including hardware.

Yeah, sure. Because it is bigger now, there is no PHYSICAL reason to buy an iPhone anymore.

There is no revolutionary bullcrap here other than advancements in half-assed advertising in a British Accent. The tables have been laid for all to see and it's nothing but the truth.

lol, because anyone ever said, that the iPhone 6 is revolutionary. You must be really proud, that there is nothing revolutionary about it, so that you can stick that fact to all the apple peasants.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Mmmm. 6.9mm if you know what I mean ;)

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

iPhone vs. Android Flagship 

• CPU: Dual core A8 vs. Quad core Snapdragon (we all know how much the number of cores actually matters)--for non-gaming use they perform virtually the same (look up almost any speed test comparing an iphone 5s to One M8/S5/other). As for gaming I'm not sure as I don't play games (so i dont really care either). 
  • GPU: See above.
  • RAM: Again, see above. Yes, the iPhone has much less RAM--but does it matter?--iOS is much lighter than Android. 
  • Screen Size: 4.7"/5.5" vs. 4.7"/5"/5.5" 
  • Resolution: Lower resolution than Android, but in actual functionality it's a small difference. 
  • Camera: iPhone's camera is superior to everything (excluding Xperias) 
  • Battery: Android's the clear winner, but even with the iPhone I still dont burn through a battery in a day anyway.  
  • Memory: Android's also the clear winner, as memory is expandable and cheaper. 
  • Price: Android is cheaper, but the price difference can be made it during a resale as Apple products hold their value exceedingly well.
  • Gimmicky features: iPhone/Galaxy's fingerprint scanner, Water resistance, IR blaster, NFC, 64 bit, multi user support (on a phone).

Android vs. iOS

• Customizability: Android is clearly ahead--until you jailbreak an iPhone then they're pretty similar 
  • Free apps: easy to download any app off the internet (as can a jailbroken iPhone download stuff from Cydia) 
  • Root access: Android wins since its not possible on the iPhone. 
  • Interface: virtually the same 
  • Android is closer tied to google while iOS is closely intertwined with OSX. 
  • Notification/command center: slightly better on Android (until iPhone is jailbroken) 
  • Tethering: Tethering used to be easily doable for free on Android compared to an iPhone, but this may (?) be possible for free with iOS as you can share a connection with a mac (although, Im not sure if it requires an additional tethering fee or not). 

So, what did I miss? 

Man why are you so angry, it is only a funny picture and that is the reason why I posted it... I didn't even check the facts. And I have Windows Phone device. I am not some android fanboy

It's hilarious how many arguments Apple can cause it really is! If you have a problem with certain products then with structure tell people whats wrong with and maybe include what you do actually like so you don't sound so bias and just shout at people, "APPLE FAN BOY FAG"... Don't get me wrong some people do give balanced arugments, which is great! In terms of the product releases I'm really excited and many people may not be but each to their own! I thnik the watch has huge potential (The sport one has me super exicited!) and just needs to address a few issues one being battery life. I'm sure Apple being as rich as they are can quickly solve that and any other issues.

I am on the market for a new phone and the iPhone 6 64GB model is looking like a really good choice.

My Lumia 920 is quite beastly with the camera but I prefer the shots that my 5 throws out just as much. Apple knows their cameras more than most, certainly more than Samsung who thinks high MP means anything anymore.

I don't think you're giving Samsung nearly enough credit for their camera work.

Samsung is really big in the camera business, just not for their phones but because they actually design and manufacture sensors.

They did a great job with the camera in the S5 and I can't wait to see what improvements they have made with the OIS in the Note 4.

Its overpriced to say the least. It provides the same features that was available in 2012 for android users :/ There is no breakthrough design or anything of that sort, which is a major disappointment coming from apple. 

post-126435-0-28027200-1410430517.jpg

The iWatch lasts a max of 1 day without charging! who buys a watch that needs to be charged daily? The looks are to "blingish" and the cost is 349$!!!

The iOS 8 is a rip off from stock android in many ways, enabling widgets, swiftkey, drop down notifications etc. Its sad to see that apple have joined to android look and lost the originality that the iOS and apple products are known for.

Apple seem to be losing their way after the loss of jobs, and this unveiling sure supports that claim.

It seems fairly neutral to me, it's not designed to be aggressive looking. The idea is you pick a face color and style and customize the way it really looks with the bands. I suggest you read http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/hodinkee-apple-watch-review if you like to know how a watch guy feels about it. He thinks they nailed the design to the wall.

Like i say, it's a problem with wearables by nature - they have to blend in with our style, and there are tons of styles. I wear t-shirts a lot, and with the iWatch would look severely out of place on my wrist, whereas the moto 360 resembles the oversized watches I like to wear. The market needs to really expand for wearables to take off, and the two sizes is a good idea but it really needs a circular face to be considered usable by many. Just look at the android wear market, the biggest complaint is always that it doesn't look like a watch.

For me it does come down to a lot more than just the functionality. The looks are perhaps the most important part, but here's where we disagree: I think the Moto 360 is too much of a compromise. Functionality is lost on a round display, because not only is it not square, you have to deal with it not being perfectly round either. I'm also not a fan of skeuomorphic design, but if you are, YMMV. It just seems too skeuomorphic to me.

The 360 is also enormous compared to the Apple watch. The larger Apple watch is 42mm, (smaller is 38mm) while the Moto 360 is 46mm, single size. Not only is it nearly impossible for most women to wear, as someone with small wrists, the 360 is just too large. The 38mm Apple Watch is almost an entire centimeter smaller, an engineering achievement that should not be overlooked if the battery life is good.

Android wear was designed for round displays, or at least with round displays being a significant factor. Comparing the G watch to the moto 360, absolutely no information is lost - check out the comparisons, it's actually really decent what they have managed to do with such a new system. And the reason why it's not perfectly round is to reduce the bezels to almost nothing, which if you compare it to the G watch R makes it look much less like a sportswatch and more classy. The fact is, though, we need all these designs on the market so the market is catered for.

And in terms of size, check out this site http://www.gizmag.com/apple-iwatch-vs-moto-360/33767/

From an engineering standpoint, sure. From an aesthetic standpoint, it's subjective.

It works the same way as google wallet, but what I'm saying is google wallet isn't available outside the US, and neither will apple pay be at launch. The UK site, the next 'big market' apple likes, makes no mention of apple pay or has the same link on the bottom of the apple site, much like siri at launch. We will get it, but later, like always. Theres a huge reason the event talked only about the US market.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

I don't put as much stock in Samsung anymore (and jesus, I'm still an employee there). They are doing way too much at once. Too many SKUs, too many variations; its just a clusterfuck. 

I really, really liked my Galaxy S2. Thought it was a lovely device. But I haven't been a fan of anything they've attempted since. 

Mainly because if it takes me reading a 30 page internal document highlighting all the differences between all their devices, how the hell am I supposed to convey that to others and more importantly how the hell am I supposed to trust that they even know what they are doing. 

I'm not saying have one device per segment and stop. I'm saying, consolidate. Eradicate shit that don't need to be made. Instead of a Note 4 and Note Edge, why not combine them? Why have 2? Why increase assembly costs for no reason? And marketing costs? And well, everything? 

I don't put as much stock in Samsung anymore (and jesus, I'm still an employee there). They are doing way too much at once. Too many SKUs, too many variations; its just a clusterfuck. 

I really, really liked my Galaxy S2. Thought it was a lovely device. But I haven't been a fan of anything they've attempted since. 

Mainly because if it takes me reading a 30 page internal document highlighting all the differences between all their devices, how the hell am I supposed to convey that to others and more importantly how the hell am I supposed to trust that they even know what they are doing. 

I'm not saying have one device per segment and stop. I'm saying, consolidate. Eradicate shit that don't need to be made. Instead of a Note 4 and Note Edge, why not combine them? Why have 2? Why increase assembly costs for no reason? And marketing costs? And well, everything? 

The thing about samsung is it is very much a Korean company. Over there, in asian countries, theres no such thing as a dominant phone or whatever because of cultural differences - as mobiles evolved, they became much more expressive of people in the same way as clothing and accessories. Just look at japan - flip phones with tiny batteries are still dominant culturally, it's much more about expression than anything else. Samsung has been exporting it's korean products worldwide (with the exception of lower end stuff) rather than designing for worldwide markets. Apple have been exporting their american products worldwide in much the same way.

At least, that's my take.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

The thing about samsung is it is very much a Korean company. Over there, in asian countries, theres no such thing as a dominant phone or whatever because of cultural differences - as mobiles evolved, they became much more expressive of people in the same way as clothing and accessories. Just look at japan - flip phones with tiny batteries are still dominant culturally, it's much more about expression than anything else. Samsung has been exporting it's korean products worldwide (with the exception of lower end stuff) rather than designing for worldwide markets. Apple have been exporting their american products worldwide in much the same way.

At least, that's my take.

I guess, its just weird that they still think its a valid strategy to have. It certainly isn't helping reps out when we have to know 6 billion different variations of a goddamn tablet. 

Unfortunately its not only Samsung that does this... Ever try to customize a laptop from Dell, Lenovo, HP, or any other? They give you like 20 options, then once you finally pick that option you're greeted with several tiers: Good, better, best, and amazing, and each one can be customized to different levels, and on the occasions that they can be customized to the EXACT same specs, they end up being different prices. 

The same issue is true with a lot of computer parts as well--look how many different motherboards there are...Why not consolidate them, as a lot of them are very similar....

It's a bit sad that Apple seems to be one of the companies to understand that no one wants to look through 50 different SKUs when picking a device. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Its overpriced to say the least. It provides the same features that was available in 2012 for android users :/ There is no breakthrough design or anything of that sort, which is a major disappointment coming from apple. 

attachicon.gifbxhwndmciaav70q_650_091014040050.jpg

The iWatch lasts a max of 1 day without charging! who buys a watch that needs to be charged daily? The looks are to "blingish" and the cost is 349$!!!

The iOS 8 is a rip off from stock android in many ways, enabling widgets, swiftkey, drop down notifications etc. Its sad to see that apple have joined to android look and lost the originality that the iOS and apple products are known for.

Apple seem to be losing their way after the loss of jobs, and this unveiling sure supports that claim.

Open source market's faster at innovating than Apple is at patenting.

Too soon?

Apple, put a larger battery in rather than making them thinner. BTW, couldn't they fit one more row of icons?