Let's Make A Game

Jack.EXE

As the heavy tank thing you could have this. 

Or some sort of version, you would have to set a bipod for it to work so your movement is limited for balancing but in return you get a higher fire rate. That would also double up as an anti air gun i guess.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

As the heavy tank thing you could have this. 

Or some sort of version, you would have to set a bipod for it to work so your movement is limited for balancing but in return you get a higher fire rate. That would also double up as an anti air gun i guess.

That looks amazing but it would probably tear through players xD the chance of getting hit in a vital area by one of the 36 barrels is so high because if you lined up the top with a persons head you're likely to hit their head and chest O.o in a lot of places, try bandaging all that up  :lol:

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

That looks amazing but it would probably tear through players xD the chance of getting hit in a vital area by one of the 36 barrels is so high because if you lined up the top with a persons head you're likely to hit their head and chest O.o in a lot of places, try bandaging all that up  :lol:

Well he said AA gun it could be fixed to the top of the tank, but can't lower itself enough to harm players unless they're stupid enough to get into a spot which would put them in range of it.

Well he said AA gun it could be fixed to the top of the tank, but can't lower itself enough to harm players unless they're stupid enough to get into a spot which would put them in range of it.

That could work very very well.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

That video reminds me of the saying trespassers will be shot survivors will be shot again. If you had this though it would be trespassers will be shot survivors will not happen.

That video reminds me of the saying trespassers will be shot survivors will be shot again. If you had this though it would be trespassers will be shot survivors will not happen.

Lmao xD it's true

Quick question, is the game going to have bulletdrop and will bullets drop off?

Edit: Those are not the same thing btw

I would answer this, but I don't the physics around the use of railguns.

xD I could probably study them enough to do a pretty decent job :)

It'd be good practise for my intended future in computer science :D

xD I could probably study them enough to do a pretty decent job :)

It'd be good practise for my intended future in computer science :D

I guess I should look into it some since I want to get into computer engineering.

I guess I should look into it some since I want to get into computer engineering.

To be honest it wouldn't be that hard I'd just have to find out the distance that bullets begin to loose effectiveness dependant on the caliber etc. and have to write up a function to be called for every bullet (O.o actually thinking about it that could get pretty CPU intensive XD if you're firing 100 rounds a minute that's 100 functions a minute and if you're using something like a mini-gun it's about to get pretty fricken messy) or I could get lucky and find a pre-made forumula xD and just make a function out of that, I would prefer the latter but the former would probably be a lot more fun.

Too late I read some. Reading about it we could use batteries as a ammo since military grade railguns use so dang much power.

To be honest it wouldn't be that hard I'd just have to find out the distance that bullets begin to loose effectiveness dependant on the caliber etc. and have to write up a function to be called for every bullet (O.o actually thinking about it that could get pretty CPU intensive XD if you're firing 100 rounds a minute that's 100 functions a minute and if you're using something like a mini-gun it's about to get pretty fricken messy) or I could get lucky and find a pre-made forumula xD and just make a function out of that, I would prefer the latter but the former would probably be a lot more fun.

on the railgun wiki there are a bunch of physic formulas.

on the railgun wiki there are a bunch of physic formulas.

Perfect XD that's about a 1-3days studying cut down and hmmm what about the battery in your rail gun can charge wirelessly (the technology exists) but if you kill the battery completely it won't charge. That'd prevent the newbies just spamming the railgun in a spawn trap-type position but the more seasoned players would know the sweet spots for how long to fire, just like a veteran would.

tumblr_lsii9oSSrr1qhhzqi.gif

My face when I saw those formulas xD it sucks cause I have to learn a whole bunch of laws of physics i've never heard of ._. to use the formula and those laws involve formulas.

Perfect XD that's about a 1-3days studying cut down and hmmm what about the battery in your rail gun can charge wirelessly (the technology exists) but if you kill the battery completely it won't charge. That'd prevent the newbies just spamming the railgun in a spawn trap-type position but the more seasoned players would know the sweet spots for how long to fire, just like a veteran would.

Reading further I don't think drop would be a concern. A military test with a railgun after going through an 1/8in of steel went on for 7km more.

tumblr_lsii9oSSrr1qhhzqi.gif

My face when I saw those formulas xD it sucks cause I have to learn a whole bunch of laws of physics i've never heard of ._. to use the formula and those laws involve formulas.

I thought the same I had no clue about any of that stuff.

Okay after sitting down and reading it for a while and plugging in some values it's not that bad ^_^ but yea ._. the railgun has practically no drop off xD I just used the acceleration formula and worked out a pretty weak railgun would fire a 2g round 360m/s (21.6km/h) good luck surviving 180 of those in a burst.

I feel like that's not fast enough for some reason though :/

Yea fixed the problem ^_^ , correction it'd fire a 2g round (based on a 4 amp railgun which is like REALLY weak considering a moderate one is 100 amps) at 1.38240 x 105 m/s XD okay good luck surving that

I've watched some ballistic tests on 12 amp railguns, and it shot through 10" of clay, which is denser than flesh...

I don't think there is a problem...

And it is set in the future (around 2050) so I'm pretty sure the supercapacitor tech has matured enough to be practical in a use such as this.

I'm going to have to sketchup some concept art for the characters and weapons.

I would love to help but I literally have no knowledge of any game making experience at all... :(

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I would love to help but I literally have no knowledge of any game making experience at all... :(

Neither have I, but its a good learning experience. Well the more the merrier you're welcome to join.

911^Nemesis weclome aboard :D

911^Nemesis weclome aboard :D

Just tell me what to do to help and I've got the time to do it!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Just tell me what to do to help and I've got the time to do it!

So have I xD but to be honest we're waiting on AMD gamer to finish the story, you could draw some concept art.