Michelle Obama's "Healthy Food Program" Rant

Basic ham and cheese sandwich, some pita chips, an apple and a bottle of water is actually something healthy that's edible. I'd be damned if some school had a problem with my kid actually eating real food vs something I wouldn't even give to a pig because I'm against animal abuse.

Even though I already eat healthy and have a salad with chicken for lunch, GO PRIVATE SCHOOLS! We aren't affected by this stupid law.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

lol i know the poor kids you're talking about. You mean the ones with iphones and beats right? xD

lol dem proiorities

What kind of bullshit reason is that?

Leme go out on a limb here and say are those "poor ones" also the type that goes around asking people for a dollah?

Well, I distinctly remember seeing them on my drive in during the morning, walking across the field from the trailer park, with walmart shoes "ova dem nikes"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

They went at this inside out, forget the school lunches, get at the real source of the problem but no politician can ever say it much less do anything about it.  Cut the corn subsidies in half, and take the money that would have gone there and subsidize green leafy vegetables.   Corn and it's concentrated derivatives are in most all processed foods, let the price of corn rise and you'll see food manufacturers stop using it in everything.  When a farmer wants his cattle to fatten up before slaughter they feed them more corn, it's not a big secret how much this is effecting the American highly processed foods diet.  MSG and it's derivatives should be limited or outright banned because it acts the same way nicotine does in cigarettes it's making foods addictive.  

The science supports what I'm saying here, and can be fixed by simply deciding to piss off Iowa no matter how bad it will hurt in the primaries.  The processed food people if they find spinach to be cheap will find ways to concentrate it and put it in our foods the same way they did corn because of the economics with the added benefit of all our health.  

The FDA doesn't conduct any research themselves, but rather are provided studies financed by the manufacturers of the products they're supposed to regulate.  Well what diet soda maker is going to pay for a study that tells us aspartame is a neurotoxin? And it is.  What food manufacturers are going to fund a study that says fructose hits our liver like alcohol without the buzz?  And it does. Is the corn association of Iowa going to tell the FDA that the concentrated calories from high fructose corn syrup is a major cause of obesity over the last 20 years?  And it is, but of course not.   

So the FDA can point to flawed and manipulated studies funded by the industry, what regulatory control are they exerting?   Processed foods are killing us, and they're being purposefully manipulated to be addictive, because fatter people, eat more food, it's a marketing and business plan to fatten people up, at the cost of our health.  Healthcare costs will crash if we cut corn subsidies in a matter of 20 years.  Diabetes and obesity rates will drop, if you front end the expense on what food we subsidize and what we don't you save on the back end of unhealthy and sick people care. 

But nobody is into the long game, they just talk and it winds up to be lip service. 

So the First Lady at least recognizes the problem, I just think her plan micromanages a systemic problem that needs a macro systemic solution it's not just school lunches, but rather the whole system of processing food we need to look at.  

Glad I graduated prior to all that. My old high school looks more like a prison when I drive by now. I'd drive home for lunches most of the time, and while I didn't always eat healthy, I'd much rather have the freedom to choose what I eat. Forcing it down my gullet would have pissed me off.

Glad I graduated prior to all that. My old high school looks more like a prison when I drive by now. I'd drive home for lunches most of the time, and while I didn't always eat healthy, I'd much rather have the freedom to choose what I eat. Forcing it down my gullet would have pissed me off.

I graduated in 1991, I remember my high school would sell us 50 cent blocks of peanut butter wrapped in wax paper, which is mostly sugar.  We'd get wired on that and then be expected to return to class and focus.  And if they want to do something in schools, institute exercise at the beginning of class, forget the pledge of allegiance, do jumping jacks.   It's been shown to engage the brain better to actually learn things.  It's what they do in Asia, any wonder they lead the world in education? 

So, my school has the shit school lunch, but they have other good stuff, like soda, sour worms, shaved ice, and even Arizona tea.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Man, I'll be fat if I wanna be and no one can stop me!

Man, I'll be fat if I wanna be and no one can stop me!

That's why I bring fast food to school...

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Same here dude, I hate these new rules. I weigh 165 lbs and lift weights, run and play soccer everyday, I can't get by with a pear and a chocolate milk.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

I graduated in 1991, I remember my high school would sell us 50 cent blocks of peanut butter wrapped in wax paper, which is mostly sugar.  We'd get wired on that and then be expected to return to class and focus.  And if they want to do something in schools, institute exercise at the beginning of class, forget the pledge of allegiance, do jumping jacks.   It's been shown to engage the brain better to actually learn things.  It's what they do in Asia, any wonder they lead the world in education? 

Well I feel young... in elementary school when we had recess after lunch and before class we'd get all the extra energy out of our systems and actually pay attention in class. Now we don't do that...

That's why I bring fast food to school...

I miss having the choices of like twenty different places a few minutes walking distance from school.

Well I feel young... in elementary school when we had recess after lunch and before class we'd get all the extra energy out of our systems and actually pay attention in class. Now we don't do that...

I miss having the choices of like twenty different places a few minutes walking distance from school.

Well, it sucks, because the nearest fast food to my high school is 10 MILES. 

Well, it sucks, because the nearest fast food to my high school is 10 MILES. 

Lol. One good thing about El Paso, everything is relatively close.

In my school we have pop vending machines but only Diet.. its just... really? Diet is worse for you overall compared to regular soda but you're going to make that the only option? Common guys.

We also went from fast food a few years back to new healthier food.

and what really pisses me off is when we purchase the base lunch we are REQUIRED to get a fruit or vegetable. You have no choice, you must buy it. If i get told that i flat-out say no and leave my tray there and simply go sit down.

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

When I was in high school pre obama I ate chili cheese fries for lunch.

You can't trust these kids to make good choices so chain them to the effing wall and force feed them rice cakes

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Now kids will get a taste of what adults deal with with MREs.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Lol. One good thing about El Paso, everything is relatively close.

But the landscape around it is mostly farmland. It's the newest high school in the city. Kinda out in the open.

Now kids will get a taste of what adults deal with with MREs.

Captain Chicken... *shudder*

*goes to downtown school*

I can go to safeway, sushi,japanese food, fresh slice, mcdonalds, tim hortons, ice cream if I felt like it. Fat burgers and so many other places for fun.

everyone in our school isn't overweight. fix them in gym class not in the lunch room

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

*goes to downtown school*

I can go to safeway, sushi,japanese food, fresh slice, mcdonalds, tim hortons, ice cream if I felt like it. Fat burgers and so many other places for fun.

everyone in our school isn't overweight. fix them in gym class not in the lunch room

there's Tim Horton's in California? I never saw one in the Bay Area.

Everythings become whole wheat at my school because of this, even the fuckin cookies! :'( ive just start not eating a main and just getting chips and gold fish.. Totes healthier

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

there's Tim Horton's in California? I never saw one in the Bay Area.

well if burger king buys them.

but this is up in canada.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Someone said earlier their best option was chicken nuggets, corn syrup and MSG to keep you craving and addicted.  It's disturbing how they're retraining our palates.  I mean if you wanna take real chicken, cut it into nugget size, bread and fry it yourself, it won't have all that processed crap in it that's messing us up.   It's not just calories in, calories out, ask anyone who's had to take a steroid, or myself as an insulin dependent diabetic, insulin and steroids are hormones which increase weight gain, it's why bodybuilders on steroids use insulin to get their blood sugar into their muscles more effectively for growth.  Point being, High Fructose Corn Syrup and MSG create hormone imbalances which trigger our weight gain, so even if you're controlling calories you can't help but gain weight.   

well if burger king buys them.

but this is up in canada.

But your location says Silicon Valley North. Are you in Canada or America? Tim Horton's doesn't really exist in America, do they?

But your location says Silicon Valley North. Are you in Canada or America? Tim Horton's doesn't really exist in America, do they?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/silicon-valley-north-vancouver-tech-surges-as-u-s-immigration-reform-idles-1.2732667

Vancouver Canada.

Computing enthusiast.