MSI releases teaser for new Twin Frozr 5 GPU cooler

Whypatch

WHY O WHY did i buy 2 new R9 280's >< i should have waited .... oh well time for upgrade :ph34r:

Let's agree to disagree

I have two 7870 HAWK cards, I love them but the fan design makes them sound like a jet engine after a certain RPM. Plus their "anti-dust feature" they boast gets annoying after a while when you first boot on the machine.

Yes finally an msi gpu with a backplate finally

My 7870's and a multitude of other MSI cards have backplates, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I think MSI is actually the biggest producer for backplate GPU's, but I could be wrong, I just know that most, if not all, of the GPU's I've seen from them have backplates.

So is MSi hinting at the 8xx/9xx series almost like Asus did with Z97?

Huh that's interesting, my 760 hawk is both the quietest when on load or idle of any card I've ever had.

I have two 7870 HAWK cards, I love them but the fan design makes them sound like a jet engine after a certain RPM. Plus their "anti-dust feature" they boast gets annoying after a while when you first boot on the machine.

My 7870's and a multitude of other MSI cards have backplates, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I think MSI is actually the biggest producer for backplate GPU's, but I could be wrong, I just know that most, if not all, of the GPU's I've seen from them have backplates.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

So is MSi hinting at the 8xx/9xx series almost like Asus did with Z97?

Asus didn't hint with Z97, they broke NDA and allowed them to be pictured and reviewed ahead of schedule.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

This cooler is probs the sexiest cooler MSİ came up with yet but what im really excited about is ASUS and DCUII because of their new White MoBo's im expecting a white themed GPU or something like DCUİİ but you have stickers that have the option to go white and red (not f*in gold) 

Yes finally an msi gpu with a backplate finally

Uhm, mine has a backplate. What's your point? 

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Awesome

Always been a fan of the twin frozr ! on my 3rd now :)

This looks all kinds of badass

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You can see the SLİ fingers on the blacked out PCB or the backplate that means NVidia didnt get rid of SLİ Bridges i think this is bad news because SLİ bridges dont look good and im all about looks :(

You can see the SLİ fingers on the blacked out PCB or the backplate that means NVidia didnt get rid of SLİ Bridges i think this is bad news because SLİ bridges dont look good and im all about looks :(< :(>

It's a render of the cooler not a GTX 8/900 series it's quite possible they will remove the SLI bridge.

I currently have a Twin Frozr GTX660, and the preformance is really good. I also really like the esthatic that those coolers have (although I liked the older gen ones, which I have, a bit more)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

only 3 copper heat pipes is a bit concerning. Also, what happened to the black/yellow theme :(

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Holy balls to the walls, that look good! As an old MSI fanboy i am sold. Unfotunateley i am not rich and i still have a old MSI motherboard, so the design only matches with a TF 4. :/

Meh, will buy a used 780 TF4 :D

who cares...

This does not look promising, if this is the type of thing that must be used to cool the highest end AMD/NVIDIA cards. How much power do they use?  

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

I was curious when I would hear about this. I can't wait to get some actual pictures and tests of it.

hope that this render represents only the cooler which is really nice... if youre in puberty and want flashy all over...

what i want is the elimination of the top DVI, so the card can be converted to 1slot, when used with a waterblock, i dont need it destroying my pcie slot that i could use for a nic or a quadro...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

what i want is the elimination of the top DVI, so the card can be converted to 1slot, when used with a waterblock, i dont need it destroying my pcie slot that i could use for a nic or a quadro...

That's a pretty good idea, would love it if manufacturers implemented that.

That's a pretty good idea, would love it if manufacturers implemented that.

ideally, 2x DP, 1xHDMI is all you get, since DP can do anything, plus daisychain, and the HDMI for the less versed users to just plug it in

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Holy balls to the walls, that look good! As an old MSI fanboy i am sold. Unfotunateley i am not rich and i still have a old MSI motherboard, so the design only matches with a TF 4. :/

Meh, will buy a used 780 TF4 :D

Old board... now give the GD65 a break all it has is that annoying blue light :P 

Old board... now give the GD65 a break all it has is that annoying blue light :P

Yeah 'old' :D i just din't know hiw else to refer to it. Btw regarding the brown pcb and the blue light, i plasti dipped mine and additionally used a sharpy to cover up the LED :D

who cares...

Yeah 'old' :D i just din't know hiw else to refer to it. Btw regarding the brown pcb and the blue light, i plasti dipped mine and additionally used a sharpy to cover up the LED :D

I don't care about the brown PCB it's only brown if you shine a light on it xD I was going to use a tiny bit of electrical tape on my LED would a sharpy be better?

I don't care about the brown PCB it's only brown if you shine a light on it xD I was going to use a tiny bit of electrical tape on my LED would a sharpy be better?

It needs to be a well covering sharpie. I used black electrical tape on the post LEDs. works fine but you can see a underglow effect because it doesn't cover it perfectly. I didn't really see the brown PCB but i knew it was there, so i could kind of gasp it's presence , which drove me crazy so i had to do something about it. Now it has a granular rubber coating which is pitch black and looks super sexy. :D

who cares...

BACKPLATES AS A STANDARD NOW!!! I think --> Gigabyte said their G1 will have a backplate, ASUS already has backplates, EVGA has baseplate installed and optional backplate for all their cards (no news if they'll include backplates with 800/900 series)

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW