Nintendo Introduces Dual Analog (for ants) stick New 3DS/XL - Japan exclusive (possibly for now)

GoodBytes

Really grinds my gears that they felt the need to screw over the only installbase that they actually still lead in. Again

Try making the system right the first time Nintendo. Or at least make sure not to screw over your userbase.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

Really grinds my gears that they felt the need to screw over the only installbase that they actually still lead in. Again

Try making the system right the first time Nintendo. Or at least make sure not to screw over your userbase.

This small upgrade screws over and entire user base how?

The 3DS systems were sold at a loss according to Nintendo last year and they estimated that the hardware would be profitable from October 2013, although this has yet to be confirmed. This is for the original 3DS/XL, the 2DS is a more bare bones unit with no relatively expensive 3D display so its possible it was sold at a profit.

There is more to a system than its parts cost though. You have to pay for workers, testing, quality control, distribution, returns & repairs and then finally sell it to retailers at a cut they are happy with. Also the 3DS is a mass-market product, talk to any kid/gamer and most would have a 3DS or know someone who has. FYI its getting close to 45 million units shipped.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

The battery it the reason it can't be be done. It even though there appears to be enough room, there's no room inside of the machine there for a pad without making it thicker.

I assumed it would be something like that. Just a shame though.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Also this is an optional upgrade. If you already have a 3DS or 3DS XL then you will be perfectly fine with those. I had a 3DS then upgraded to 3DS XL, the improvements with this new model are minor and the added features, Such as built in NFC, can still be used on the original 3DS when Nintendo release the NFC accessory with Amiibo. So I won't be upgrading and if I want the extra buttons/circle pad (Which by the way very few games use) then I'll just buy the add-on.

You would only need to upgrade if you absolutely must play the one game that is confirmed for "New 3DS" only, which is still only confirmed for Japan anyway.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Also this is an optional upgrade. If you already have a 3DS or 3DS XL then you will be perfectly fine with those. I had a 3DS then upgraded to 3DS XL, the improvements with this new model are minor and the added features, Such as built in NFC, can still be used on the original 3DS when Nintendo release the NFC accessory with Amiibo. So I won't be upgrading and if I want the extra buttons/circle pad (Which by the way very few games use) then I'll just buy the add-on.

You would only need to upgrade if you absolutely must play the one game that is confirmed for "New 3DS" only, which is still only confirmed for Japan anyway.

no love for the 2DS :(

;):P

But yea I agree!

I'm really hoping for an all black 3ds because that has not been a thing since the ds lite. Even though I have a  3ds xl I will buy this in an instant if it is all black or if they do a special edition for the new pokemon games.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

I would like it if they had the select and start buttons where they where on the original and then put the other circle pad as a full size circle pad (like the original one) under the abxy buttons like the xbox controller. It would make playing games much easier

I stand corrected. Fixed. Thanks

No problem at all!

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

What were Nintendo thinking with that analog nipple on the top right?!! It looks so awkward, I bet it'll be unusable.

How hard is it to put an identical analog stick below YXBA buttons? I mean, it wouldn't be the best solution either, but it would be million times better than what they have there now. Bloody hell.

Such a simple design element and they messed it up, people are still going to buy a Circlepad Pro even for a 'new' 3DS.

What were Nintendo thinking with that analog nipple on the top right?!! It looks so awkward, I bet it'll be unusable.

How hard is it to put an identical analog stick below YXBA buttons? I mean, it wouldn't be the best solution either, but it would be million times better than what they have there now. Bloody hell.

Such a simple design element and they messed it up, people are still going to buy a Circlepad Pro even for a 'new' 3DS.

Read like the reast of the thread we kinda went over and discussed this.