Zotacs smallest mini pc (smallest pico pc?)

ShadowCaptain

You're crazy. For gaming they're meh, but Intel designed them for only basic graphics functionality but high compute power. Iris 5200 has more compute power than the 7850k, and Iris you can overclock to 3GHz (the GPU cores) if you really know what you're doing. Broadwell's top SKU boasts a whopping 2TFlop solution at stock 1.3GHz. AMD's 7850k tops out at 800GFlops. Even in GPGPU compute Intel has already caught up and surpassed AMD in integration. And, if you think Intel has been sitting on its ass on geometry budget, it hasn't. Skylake will make even Carrizo look bad if Intel delivers on its promises.

yeah I'm sorry I didn't specify I meant for gaming.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

What are you talking about?, they are pretty decent these days

"Thanks to the fast eDRAM memory, the average performance of the Iris Pro is only about 15 percent behind the dedicated mid-range cards GeForce GT 650M and GT 750M (DDR3 versions"

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Iris-Pro-Graphics-5200.90965.0.html

But the Kaveri will destroy it

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

But the Kaveri will destroy it

Yeah although they have said their next series of iGPU will be even better

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah although they have said their next series of iGPU will be even better

Yeah but there GPGPU performance is awesome and I hope there gaming performance will double.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

the usable space on the 32 GB model is roughly a mere 12 GB

... come again?

Additional info

• CPU: Intel Bay Trail (Z3735F quad-core, fanless, 2.2W SDP) with Intel HD Graphics supporting DirectX 11. CPU clock speed is 1.33GHz and as high as 1.58GHz on Turbo
  • Memory: 2GB DDR3L
  • Storage: 32GB eMMC (integrated), expandable via micro SD/SDHC/SDXC (up to 128GB)
  • Card Reader: 3-in-1 (micro SD/SDHC/SDXC)
  • Connectivity: Ethernet 10/100Mbps, onboard 802.11n Wi-Fi & Bluetooth 4.0
  • USB Ports: 3x USB 2.0
  • Display Options: HDMI
  • Audio: HDMI audio (bitstream) and 3.5mm output
  • Dimensions: 115.5 x 66 x 19.2mm

CPU info http://ark.intel.com/products/80274/Intel-Atom-Processor-Z3735F-2M-Cache-up-to-1_83-GHz?q=Z3735F

ZOTAC_ZBOX_PI320_pico_02.jpg

It's apparently going to go for about $200

(Source: http://hexus.net/tech/news/systems/73813-zotac-launches-pocket-sized-zbox-pi320-pico-pc/)

(Extra info: http://www.fanlesstech.com/2014/08/zbox-pi320-pico-is-fanless-pocketable.html)

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

$200 for that and Windows 8.1? Consider me sold, I'm trying to find something nice and cheap for my mom to surf the web, check emails, and watch YouTube, I thought of the Asus Chromebox, but I'm still not convinced on ChromeOS, not saying it's bad, but I want all of the support of Windows. If this comes with Windows 8.1, I might purchase it, seems interesting.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

My post adds a bit more info, I'll ask one of the mods to merge the threads.

MERGE COMPLETE

this is what the mods do to merge threads

tumblr_m7dby9ZRKP1qgbp1jo1_500.gif

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

What, no love for the Raspberry Pi? Or BeagleBone?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

What, no love for the Raspberry Pi? Or BeagleBone?

I'll take the platform that runs native x86 code. There's so much I could develop for this device.  :)

snip

Yep awesome huh

Totally ordering one

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Wow finally someone got it right! This will be awesome for all kinds of projects.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

I'll take the platform that runs native x86 code. There's so much I could develop for this device.  :)

Compilers much?

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

There's plenty you could develop for Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone, too... I don't see how the ISA has much impact on what you could develop for it...

There's plenty you could develop for Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone, too... I don't see how the ISA has much impact on what you could develop for it...

The compiler I use doesn't compile for other instruction sets other than x86_64.

Plus this means I can install Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS onto the device as well with the freedom of easily developing my own Media Center software etc.

The compiler I use doesn't compile for other instruction sets other than x86_64.

Plus this means I can install Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS onto the device as well with the freedom of easily developing my own Media Center software etc.

What compiler?

That's pretty cool. Too bad most flash card memory isn't the greatest, could make for an interesting system.

I think it'd fail due to the lack of storage.

You would have the real storage on a NAS