9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Kills Shooting Range Instructor

Arty

How is that different from the rest of the world? When they are non-law-abiding, that means that the laws are meaningless. Even the most restrictive gun laws will not hold them back; they will get the firearms in any means possible.

I agree with you, they will get the firearms in any means possible.

But what if they can't ? Why can't they will you ask me, because they're not available to civilians. I know America is not the only country with guns in traffic, but it's the only one with gun shops next to chuck e cheese's.

America made it so easy to have guns that now you can't get rid of them, and you need them to protect yourself from people who were not supposed to have guns in the first place, because .. -loop here-

500px-World_map_of_civilian_gun_ownershi

Number of guns per capita by country

More than 75 guns per 100 people. Just saying that this is not something to be proud of, but hey that's just my 2 cents.

Edit : Estimated guns (both legal and illegal) in circulation in the US is between 270.000.000 and 310.000.000 > http://www.gunpolicy.org/fr/firearms/region/united-states

Who's bright idea was it to give a child a high recoil sub machine gun?

Seriously, only in America.

'But guns are safe!'

-people defending shit like this

But honestly, who the FUCK gives a 9-year-old girl an UZI?!

The dead guys' he was the instructor......

most children can even walk three feet with a bowl of soup without it spilling, let alone trying to control an UZI. This proves stupidity knows no age or gender.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

The guy talking in the video, and quoted by the OP, said, and I quote, "we instruct kids as young as 5 with .22 rifles," So yeah I did read the story.

Quite a difference between .22LR rifles, even semi auto, and full auto service caliber pistols.

most children can even walk three feet with a bowl of soup without it spilling, let alone trying to control an UZI. This proves stupidity knows no age or gender.

best part: the parents were OK with this, murica! Poor kid, could lead to trauma.

Seriously, the recoil on a uzi is pretty mild/low. But a 9 year old?!? WTF were her parents thinking!

It appears she was firing a mini-uzi. 

Smaller, lighter, and a higher rate of fire. 950RPM is no joke.

He needed to be bracing and holding it with her, and definitely not have more than a few rounds in the magazine. 

Everyone calls him an instructor, but it's not clear that he was even trained as one. The way he rushed her from single to FA I'd be inclined to think not.

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

Actually it is, you have population less than a third the size of ours, and you still have a lot of violent deaths per year. Also, cars kill more people than guns do each year, and cars are frequently used as weapons.

let me make this clear and to the point, ahem

THOSE WITH THE INTENT TO KILL, WILL FIND A WAY TO DO SO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT SOMETHING IS FUCKING LEGAL.

You're clearly an idiot. Crime rates are not taken as an absolute number but as a *surprise surprise* i.e. x per 100,000. And actually yeah, we have far fewer severely violent crimes + murder rates, probably in part due to you having a culture where it is acceptable for people to carry deadly weapons.

And what about all the accidents? The reason this instructor has lost his life isn't because this girl was determined to kill him, it's because she was given a gun, a lethal weapon.

You can deny it all you please, but a society in which guns are prevalent is a society that is more at risk of suffering from the deadly consequences these weapons can have.

I agree with you, they will get the firearms in any means possible.

But what if they can't ? Why can't they will you ask me, because they're not available to civilians. I know America is not the only country with guns in traffic, but it's the only one with gun shops next to chuck e cheese's.

America made it so easy to have guns that now you can't get rid of them, and you need them to protect yourself from people who were not supposed to have guns in the first place, because .. -loop here-

500px-World_map_of_civilian_gun_ownershi

Number of guns per capita by country

More than 75 guns per 100 people. Just saying that this is not something to be proud of, but hey that's just my 2 cents.

Edit : Estimated guns (both legal and illegal) in circulation in the US is between 270.000.000 and 310.000.000 > http://www.gunpolicy.org/fr/firearms/region/united-states

lol Wtf? Sweden is in then 50 range!? We don't even have gun stores in our shoping malls, best you can get is a soft air gun.

best part: the parents were OK with this, murica! Poor kid, could lead to trauma.

best part.... that is the worst part.....the only people who are suppose to look after you and your well being allows this to happen......i blame the amount of drugs consumed in the woodstock era.

to be fair my 23 year old brother cant seem to do that either but i also wouldn't hand him a gun so ya

lol Wtf? Sweden is in then 50 range!? We don't even have gun stores in our shoping malls, best you can get is a soft air gun.

Morocco is in the 5-10 range, which i guess is Ok since we have some rich fellas who have guns as a luxury and for bragging purposes, apparently they buy them from the black market, without bullets :facepalm:

best part.... that is the worst part.....the only people who are suppose to look after you and your well being allows this to happen......i blame the amount of drugs consumed in the woodstock era.

and that's why it is best part, because it's the worst.. Well second worst, the worst is that someone died. But yeah, it's retarded nevertheless, what's wrong with a BB gun range?

3 pages left to go before this community proves me right that we get a 10+ page thread of nothing.

Way to stay classy, LTT.

Friendly reminder, just about anything can be used as a weapon. Even RAM sticks can gouge your eyes out, let's BAN MEMORY.

and that's why it is best part, because it's the worst.. Well second worst, the worst is that someone died. But yeah, it's retarded nevertheless, what's wrong with a BB gun range?

What's wrong with barbie.

3 pages left to go before this community proves me right that we get a 10+ page thread of nothing.

Way to stay classy, LTT.

incorrect, your statement was 10 pages of political stuff.

Edit:wait... Did you edit your post to fighting instead of politics!?

And my country is below the 5 range.

Ahahaha.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

to be fair my 23 year old brother cant seem to do that either but i also wouldn't hand him a gun so ya

exactly!

But still, 5 year olds? I can understand maybe a 9 year old or somewhere around that with a .22 rifle. But not a 5 year old.

If I had firearms in the house, or used firearms, I'd want my kid to learn about them. Provided good judgment, safety, and supervision is exercised in the instruction, I don't see a problem with a 5 year old firing a .22LR. But that's assuming the parents and the kid are responsible and whatnot.

incorrect, your statement was 10 pages of political stuff.

Eh, close enough. It's always the same thing in threads of this nature. ONLY IN AMERICA HURR DURR GUNS and random gibberish for multiple pages in spite of the obvious being made clear on page 1. It never fails to get snarky comments and anti gun posts vs pro gun posts.

Friendly reminder, water can cause drowning, better drain the oceans around the world.

If I had firearms in the house, or used firearms, I'd want my kid to learn about them. Provided good judgment, safety, and supervision is exercised in the instruction, I don't see a problem with a 5 year old firing a .22LR. But that's assuming the parents and the kid are responsible and whatnot.

seriously!? Geez use at least a soft air gun.

Eh, close enough. It's always the same thing in threads of this nature. ONLY IN AMERICA HURR DURR GUNS and random gibberish for multiple pages in spite of the obvious being made clear on page 1. It never fails to get snarky comments and anti gun posts vs pro gun posts.

Friendly reminder, water can cause drowning, better drain the oceans around the world.

Yeah true, anything can kill a person but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that one should not give a kid a weapon designed to kill just for shits an giggles, we have soft air guns and such for that. There seem to be a huge lack of common sense in some people, dont you agree?

seriously!? Geez use at least a soft air gun.

To give them an incomplete understanding of what an actual firearm is capable of?

To give them an incomplete understanding of what an actual firearm is capable of?

It can sometimes (but not always) provide a stepping stone to proficiency of handling an actual firearm.

SIDE NOTE: Good god, your profile pic is seizure inducing!

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.