Second shooting in Fergusson kills a 25 year old

They wouldn't be able to. Every single cop and all military personell would quit because they don't have the man power to actually enforce that kind of law, not to mention they would be fighting their own families for the most part, as well as being outnumber out the ass.

I'm not really worried about it, it's hard to take guns from people that have guns.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Wow, those odds are better than I expected.

Better chance of not getting shot than I was thinking.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I bet 40% of those odds is @Kerplex being able to knock me the hell out without needing to shoot.

Wow, those odds are better than I expected.

Chance of getting your ass kicked? 100%

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It seems like my personal stance on these cop vs people shootings are always the same... GO COPS! (not really)

But I do always seem to be on the side of the cops. I'll be honest, I'm a pussy IRL. So if I were in the cops shoes, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot, Trayvon Martin, whatever the guys name is who started the ferguson thing, and the guy who we're talking about in this thread... at least with the facts that I have heard. 

Am I just unknowingly racist? 

It seems like common sense: don't fuck with authority. 

Truth.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It seems like my personal stance on these cop vs people shootings are always the same... GO COPS! (not really)

But I do always seem to be on the side of the cops. I'll be honest, I'm a pussy IRL. So if I were in the cops shoes, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot, Trayvon Martin, whatever the guys name is who started the ferguson thing, and the guy who we're talking about in this thread... at least with the facts that I have heard. 

It would appear that a lot of crime statistics are racist...

Don't fuck with authority, but fight it when it's in the wrong.

Why is it that people assume racism in everything these days if it has anything to do with a specific ethnicity? If one group of people that share a genetic trait, commit more crimes than any other specific genetically similar group of people, that's not racism, that's just a fact.

Without concrete evidence how do we know what's the truth and what's a lie? (i.e. a video) 

If he was stealing and then rushed the police, then gun his thug ass down.  Angry pissed off guys who want to take that anger off on others or authority figures just because need to be checked.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Why is it that people assume racism in everything these days if it has anything to do with a specific ethnicity? If one group of people that share a genetic trait, commit more crimes than any other specific genetically similar group of people, that's not racism, that's just a fact.

The problem these days is that there are a lot of people that feel that the authority figures are in the wrong, and are going about fighting it the wrong way. They dont want to use the process because they feel like the process is weighted against them.

The problem these days is that there are a lot of people that feel that the authority figures are in the wrong, and are going about fighting it the wrong way. They dont want to use the process because they feel like the process is weighted against them.

Well the process IS weighted against them, 99% of the time the judge will believe the LEO over the civillian, which is wrong.

This is why we need to require law enforcement to have a constantly running video camera on their person at all times, with sound. Any instance of the camera becoming damaged and or inactive, should lead to an automatic firing.

Couldm't they have just shot him in a leg? Or used a taser? Or used pepperspray? 

Shooting and arm or a leg is stupid as if you miss what is behind or beside the target get your adrenaline rushing then go for a light jog with 15 pound backpack on and shoot something leg or armed size ONCE and DON't MISS or you KILL SOMEONE ELSE. Pepper-spray only works out to about 10-12 yards and taser is probably what I would have done. although I do not know what the circumstances where of the situation. 

Shooting and arm or a leg is stupid as if you miss what is behind or beside the target get your adrenaline rushing then go for a light jog with 15 pound backpack on and shoot something leg or armed size ONCE and DON't MISS or you KILL SOMEONE ELSE. Pepper-spray only works out to about 10-12 yards and taser is probably what I would have done. although I do not know what the circumstances where of the situation. 

A taser might not work on a drug addict or someone wearing a certain type of clothing. Not to mention that they might not have had one, might not have had time, might have used it to no effect, etc.

This douche got his damned darwin award. Totally deserved if you ask me.

This is why we need to require law enforcement to have a constantly running video camera on their person at all times, with sound. Any instance of the camera becoming damaged and or inactive, should lead to an automatic firing case dismisal.

I made a small change to your statement to reflect my feelings. We are close, but I feel like there are times where a LEO gets knocked around a bit and should not be fired because some equipment got damaged. However I do not thing that a LEO's word should hold any more weight in court than a civilian, therefore, he-said-she-said trials get the boot.

A taser might not work on a drug addict or someone wearing a certain type of clothing. Not to mention that they might not have had one, might not have had time, might have used it to no effect, etc.

Trust me I know, I am a cop....I have used taser on people and did not work that's when I either get physical or my gun comes out. 

I have a cousin in the Minneapolis PD and he says they never deploy a tazer unless another officer is providing cover with a lethal force option, for this very reason.

I have a cousin in the Minneapolis PD and he says they never deploy a tazer unless another officer is providing cover with a lethal force option, for this very reason.

We do not have a policy of sort, I like the idea. Although I work in a pretty rural county and backup is often 10 mins away minimum. 

We do not have a policy of sort, I like the idea. Although I work in a pretty rural county and backup is often 10 mins away minimum. 

Yeah, Minneapolis isn't as bad as New York, or Chicago, or Detroit, but its got enough action that they do two man patrol's and usually dont enter a residence without four officers.

In a more rural AO this is a bit overkill.

That dude looked pretty aggressive and or on drugs. I probably would have swung at him too.

He was asking for it. One hit would have been enough though.

So, I watched a video of that out of curiosity and man, I have to be blunt. What a FUCKING IDIOT! Stealing two cans of soda and then telling the cops to shoot him. Losing your life over petty theft and being a moron around police officers. Wow, there needs to be something a step above the Darwin award.

So, I watched a video of that out of curiosity and man, I have to be blunt. What a FUCKING IDIOT! Stealing two cans of soda and then telling the cops to shoot him. Losing your life over petty theft and being a moron around police officers. Wow, there needs to be something a step above the Darwin award.

If he was stealing Coke... No, I won't go that far.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Trust me I know, I am a cop....I have used taser on people and did not work that's when I either get physical or my gun comes out. 

And most of the time when the gun comes out, you get automatic compliance right? note I said most of the time.

You don't get much worse than the darwin award I'm afraid.

If he was stealing Coke... No, I won't go that far.

The guy who committed petty theft and still had the nerve to wield a knife and harass cops still deserved it as he held so little regard to his own life for being so stupid. A sane person wouldn't even approach cops with a weapon in the first place, especially over 2 cans of soda.

Unless you were thinking of another type of coke...

Remember kids, throwing your life away over <2 dollars worth of soda is dumb.