"You only need 8GB of ram!"

Snickerzz

you need more than 16 Ghorses.. :)

Giggahorses.... HOLYSNAPPINGBATMANS!!!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

8gb of ram? Peasant Specs.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

8gb of ram? Peasant Specs.

I'm running 2GB of RAM...

corner.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I'm perfectly fine with my twin 4GB sticks.. I often leave Chrome (Gotta click dem cookies) and some other programs open while I'm playing games too.. I rarely ever max out my 8GB. (Although, I was thinking of buying another set of 4GB sticks just cuz. But the cheapest ones of the same model that I have were like $60-70.)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Please all.

Stop this 8 GB ram Fanboying.

This is 2014 not 2013. Grow up to 14!.

:U

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

You're the only one whose picture is not showing to me :/

I am doing it on purpose:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Waterloo University has a website layout that's so irritating to use that when I'm studying for exams, I literally just open up all the course notes in separate tabs and leave them open. 35 tabs open with pdfs eats up memory pretty well, when you also have another 20 with past exams and study references on them.

I have 3 monitors so it's easy to manage, though.

If you disable the page file, it's really hard to use that much RAM though. You'll get up to like 6 GB and your system will slow the hell down.

At my last job, the computer only had 4GB, and I had to run multiple copies of Visual studio at the same time. When I'd switch versions, the whole computer would just grind to a halt, pulling all the data from the hard drive. The worst part is that I figured out they could have upgraded the RAM if I had asked, the week before I was going to leave.

Visual Studio is slow enough on my unis pc I couldnt imagine having multiple copies.

I like that you reinforced the 3 monitors statement too lol

Visual Studio is slow enough on my unis pc I couldnt imagine having multiple copies.

I like that you reinforced the 3 monitors statement too lol

I'd like to point out that the 35 tabs full of notes were all on the same monitor. Only maybe 8-15 of the 20-40 other tabs were on the first monitor as well.

I'd probably do the exact same thing if I had one monitor... it'd just be a lot more difficult to manage. That was pretty much my experience working, and VS is not slow if you have enough ram and disable paging.

"You only need 8GB of ram!"

mGHh3s7.gif

JgOqQ1U.gif

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

pfffftttt....right so no mango leaves just weeds on mud gotcha.........the helmet though, that looks like the hitler helmets or pudding basin.

If you say so.

At least the British one doesn't look like an updated stormtroopers.

270a.jpg

Actually don't tell anyone but I actually think that is a better design.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

If you say so.

At least the British one doesn't look like an updated stormtroopers.

270a.jpg

Actually don't tell anyone but I actually think that is a better design.

:lol:

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Wait how does one chrome tab use more ram than playing a video game? A webpage is like 5mb

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Wait how does one chrome tab use more ram than playing a video game? A webpage is like 5mb

It's not just the data on the page, it's all the plugins like Java, Flash, Silverlight, (PDF) Reader, Shockwave, WMP (even if you nuke it from the system, Chrome and its clones have it as a plugin you can't nuke easily) and addons such as AdBlockPlus, NotScript, Ghostery, Quick & Dirty Proxy Flipper (really fugging useful since Chromium and browsers based on it don't have an Offline Mode other than "kill your network" without a plugin like this)...

Every tab in every window plus every addon and plugin gets its own "Chrome.exe" process, and Chrome doesn't flush its buffered data from the RAM until you've killed every last window and/or use a program like MemTurbo.

Yes, that means that tab you closed 4 hours ago is still resident somewhere in the memory Chrome's hogging until you flush it all out by closing all the windows.

Firefox and Presto-Opera (12.17 currently) on the other hand use one, maybe two, "<browser>.exe" processes for any and all windows with a "<broswer> Plugins.exe" process to run things like Flash & Java. I haven't used IE in such a donkey's age, so I can't tell how it handles processes relating to tabs/windows and plugins/addons.