Battlefield 4 opinions?

Alan3345

So I jumped on Battlefield 4 last night for the first time in about two months and I fell in love with the game again. It's still not fixed, there are still many glaring bugs and the netcode still isn't perfect but even with all it's flaws I still managed to have a blast. I started using the MG4 and it's a beast. I was shredding people all over the place, and I'm usually terrible xD

Anyway I'm just curious on what people's opinions are on the game, does anyone here still play it? Or have you given up on it and play other games instead like Battlefield 3 or Bad Company 2?

I'm just curious :)

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @ 4.0 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard. GPU: EVGA GTX 970. Ram: Crucial Ballistix Ram 8GB (2 x 4gb) @ 1600MHz CPU Cooler: H80i Water Coller | Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair CX 750m HDD: Seagate 2TB Hardrive | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB.

My PC Partpickerhttp://pcpartpicker.com/b/xPnnTW

I play it almost every day and it's an awesome game, sometimes I feel people saying the game is bad just suck at it and blame their failures on the game.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I like BF4 more than BF3. It looks great-ish and can be a blast to play when I get into it. Overall I find it an enjoyable experience as long as the server has good players.

- Samo

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

BF3 maps are way better than BF4 maps.

Haven't played it, but I disliked 3 and here almost nothing but bad things about 4, so I won't even bother installing it while it's free for a week on Origin. I had actually just uninstalled PunkBuster the night before since I uninstalled BF3 a long time ago and have no plans to play it again. I didn't even buy BF3 either, came free with my CPU when I built my system.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

I play it a lot but not for too long at open time, it makes me mad

I can't wait until they fix it

Premium helps a lot

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I play it almost every day and it's an awesome game, sometimes I feel people saying the game is bad just suck at it and blame their failures on the game.

Exactly. Yeah I myself suck, which is why I generally don't play it too much. I don't complain about the game though. It seems to be the cool thing to bad mouth BF4 which is unfortunate though as it is still a lot of fun to play :)

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @ 4.0 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard. GPU: EVGA GTX 970. Ram: Crucial Ballistix Ram 8GB (2 x 4gb) @ 1600MHz CPU Cooler: H80i Water Coller | Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair CX 750m HDD: Seagate 2TB Hardrive | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB.

When it works, and your team isn't made out of retards, it's fun. But mostly it just crashes and i get jihad by teamates

BC2 4 loyfe

:/

Meh...it's ok. I've only logged nearly 400 hours in mp with a ranking of 119 to show for it. But yeah...it's ok... ;)  :P

In case you couldn't detect the sarcasm, I really like it.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I play it a lot but not for too long at open time, it makes me mad

I can't wait until they fix it

Premium helps a lot

Have you used the CTE? Is it any good if you have? :)

had the same last night 

jumped in Battlefield 4 last night for the first time in about 1 month 

and i loved it it runs way better  !

Campaign, I care nothing of it, there is no character development (just the characters in general) and the situations are unexplained and weightless imo. The MP is pretty decent though without good guns (especially with the snipers) I feel as if I just get smashed. I've only played about 10 hours but I find that the balance of guns is lacking majorly, and the matchmaking is the devil incarnate. I hate how it has the "select your lobby" thing, and most of the time I'm on there are only 1 or maybe 2 without any DLC maps that I can play. Also the loading times are eternal, I could probably play a match of MW3 Infected before I can play in the BF4 match. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I myself am going to try and get a master tag for most of the weapons, which should encourage me to play more, also I need to get a positive K/D xD:)

had the same last night 

jumped in Battlefield 4 last night for the first time in about 1 month 

and i loved it it runs way better  !

I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

Have you used the CTE? Is it any good if you have? :)

No it's a really large download and not may people playing it, i am just going to wait for it to be moved to vanilla BF4

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Campaign, I care nothing of it, there is no character development (just the characters in general) and the situations are unexplained and weightless imo. The MP is pretty decent though without good guns (especially with the snipers) I feel as if I just get smashed. I've only played about 10 hours but I find that the balance of guns is lacking majorly, and the matchmaking is the devil incarnate. I hate how it has the "select your lobby" thing, and most of the time I'm on there are only 1 or maybe 2 without any DLC maps that I can play. Also the loading times are eternal, I could probably play a match of MW3 Infected before I can play in the BF4 match. 

I actually enjoyed the campaign, true the story wasn't amazing but it was still fun to play. I loved how they included hit markers and scoring for the singleplayer too, it made it that much more immersive :D

No it's a really large download and not may people playing it, i am just going to wait for it to be moved to vanilla BF4

Ah cool, sure that could be ages though (hopefully not though).

I never bought it, I don't want to give in to their bs marketing tactics and day one dlc. I was already outraged when bf3 premium became a thing, I won't give them my money again if they keep up the nonsense. Add the fact that the game is fundamentally broken and it doesn't look like they'll ever fix it, and you'll have the reason why I won't touch it unless it becomes an "on the house" offer like bf3 did. On top of that, there are some additions to the gameplay that were made since bf2 (and the ones before 2) that I did not like: regen health, almost instant death, infinite ammo on vehicles (how do they expect people NOT to camp in vehicles when they have infinite ammo?), the singleplayer campaign, no modding potential...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

edit

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I actually enjoyed the campaign, true the story wasn't amazing but it was still fun to play. I loved how they included hit markers and scoring for the singleplayer too, it made it that much more immersive :D

I don't score extra points for hitmarkers and score. I just find that the impossibilities that happen in the game (like when they blow up a fkin dam while they are still on it!!!!!!!!! Or when they just say fk it to receive a really fkin important message, or maybe when instead of remotely detonating C4 the person just stays down next to it so they die) and just the character's non-life-like portrayals brings it down.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

net code is still an issue

why is it soo hard to fix

i mean it wasnt apparent in bf3

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I like BF4 more than BF3. It looks great-ish and can be a blast to play when I get into it. Overall I find it an enjoyable experience as long as the server has good players.

- Samo

hey if you play on mixed mode server, PM meor add me on origin, we cna play with Teamspeak

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I never bought it, I don't want to give in to their bs marketing tactics and day one dlc. I was already outraged when bf3 premium became a thing, I won't give them my money again if they keep up the nonsense. Add the fact that the game is fundamentally broken and it doesn't look like they'll ever fix it, and you'll have the reason why I won't touch it unless it becomes an "on the house" offer like bf3 did. On top of that, there are some additions to the gameplay that were made since bf2 (and the ones before 2) that I did not like: regen health, almost instant death, infinite ammo on vehicles (how do they expect people NOT to camp in vehicles when they have infinite ammo?), the singleplayer campaign, no modding potential...

Noob, move along. bf3 premium was awesome and is a friendly technique.

Bf4 was super fixed, optimisation went through the roof.

and they added stuff you dont like.

Yeah,  I know they high management are greedy bastards and clueless investors.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I can't see why BF3 is such a good game, I play it and I can say I get kill trades and sometimes die just around corner too, another proof people bitching about BF4 may have been better in BF3 and can't acclimate.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Noob, move along. bf3 premium was awesome and is a friendly technique.

Bf4 was super fixed, optimisation went through the roof.

and they added stuff you dont like.

Yeah,  I know they high management are greedy bastards and clueless investors.

So, what exactly entitles you to call me a noob? BF4 was NOT fixed, it certainly got better but it never became finished, and even if it had 1 year of patching for the game to freaking WORK is unacceptable. Premium is just a money grab, it should not exist period. Furthermore the queue priority and premium dog tags are a constant and unfriendly reminder to the other players that they are not getting the full game, they are not paying and are therefore "less important" to the game than premium users, which is bullshit considering they still got the game at full price. That content should have already been in the game, or at the most been a 20$ dlc considering it's only a few maps (look at sc2: the expansion includes a full campaign, new units and constantly updating maps, for about 40 bucks). Furthermore they should have allowed community made maps to be played.

I can't see why BF3 is such a good game, I play it and I can say I get kill trades and sometimes die just around corner too, another proof people bitching about BF4 may have been better in BF3 and can't acclimate.

One of my greatest complaints about the modern bfs. Kill trades have become more and more common and unless you know exactly the position of your enemies before you enter a fight (in that case it's actually not very hard to take 3 to 4 people out by yourself as log as you get the jump on them) you might kill one guy just to take 2 bullets from the guy behind you and die before you can turn around. Give us some more health and get rid of regen plese :P I still enjoy playing bf3 (and I enjoyed bf4 during the beta stage too), but it undeniably has a lot of defects that need to be fixed before I spend any more money on the franchise.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*