First time building PC, looking for second opinion

Crudu

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/6YWnyc

What do you guys think of this build? Are there any inefficiencies that I'm not seeing? I'm going to be using it mostly for gaming, and I'm willing to spend a maximum of 500 dollars, on the pc excluding the monitor and keyboard.

Wrong link, it has no parts.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

What do you guys think of this build? Are there any inefficiencies that I'm not seeing? I'm going to be using it mostly for gaming, and I'm willing to spend a maximum of 500 dollars, on the pc excluding the monitor and keyboard.

would love to be able to help, but the link isn't working.

INTEL I7 4790K @4.6Ghz |  ASUS Z97-A  |  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz 16gb | NVIDIA GTX 780 | NZXT H440 White | CORSAIR RM750 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | WD Caviar Black 1TB | LIQUID COOLED |

Like the others said it's the wrong link. You need to post the permalink or post the actual list of parts.

Edit:

It's okay I guess. If you're willing to spend about $40 more then you could buy a Z97 board (I believe MSI has some cheap Z97 boards) and an after market cooler (212 EVO) which would allow you to overclock to get a bit more performance out of the CPU.

Trying to get $500 with a dGPU instead of APU and it is hard lol.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Can't do it. My best build would be for $585

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($119.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($72.50 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($88.79 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($139.99 @ NCIX) 
Case: Cooler Master K280 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.50 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Memory Express) 
Total: $590.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-05 12:40 EDT-0400

Ok link should be working now, could you guys take a look?

Ok link should be working now, could you guys take a look?

That's a very well balanced build, love that pentium ;) .

However, don't geta single 8gb stick, get  2 4gb sticks instead.

INTEL I7 4790K @4.6Ghz |  ASUS Z97-A  |  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz 16gb | NVIDIA GTX 780 | NZXT H440 White | CORSAIR RM750 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | WD Caviar Black 1TB | LIQUID COOLED |

What is wrong with a single 8gb stick? Also is the mother board ok? Also should I get an extra cooler if I want to over clock the pentium?

You'll want a Z97/87 board so you can OC.

Also, assuming you're in Canada because it took me to the Canadian PC Part Picker, buy everything at memory express and price match it using shopbot.ca

you can message, quote or tag me ( @Jerakl ) if you need any info.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

What do you guys think of this build? Are there any inefficiencies that I'm not seeing? I'm going to be using it mostly for gaming, and I don't really want to spend over 500 dollars, on the pc excluding the monitor and keyboard.

Doesn't seem like there are much cons to this build. You might want to check whether that motherboard can overclock, there are a couple of H97/H85 board that have the capabilities to OC.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

If you can overclock with that great, if not get a different Mb that will let your OC.

While your at it that hdd is nothing new and it would be better to get something with more modern tech

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

perfect but like others have mentioned check to see if the mobo will oc

also if the board has dual channel memory consider 2x 4gig sticks to utilize the dual channel

corsair 600t, msi z87-g45, intel 4770k, 16g patriot viper low-pro ram, asus direct cu2 780, crucial 256gig ssd, seagate baracuda 1tb,

You'll want a Z97/87 board so you can OC.

Also, assuming you're in Canada because it took me to the Canadian PC Part Picker, buy everything at memory express and price match it using shopbot.ca

you can message, quote or tag me ( @Jerakl ) if you need any info.

Could you link a mother board that would be not too expensive and good for overclocking?

What is wrong with a single 8gb stick? Also is the mother board ok? Also should I get an extra cooler if I want to over clock the pentium?

You'll need a Z97 (Z87 might need a bios update but I'm not too sure) to overclock as well as a cooler as the stock cooler can't cope with overclocked CPUs. There's also some Asus H boards that can overclock but I believe one of MSI's Z97 boards is cheaper.

Also, it doesn't help anyone posting a thread about the same thing more than once.

2x4GB sticks will work better for dual channel boards and Z97 boards (even the cheap ones) use dual channel slots. Seeing as RAM makes little too no difference when gaming with a dedicated GPU it doesn't really matter.

I would personally get a single dimm of ram. That way if you want to upgrade to 16GB in the future it will be easier to just buy another dimm of the same brand/model than 2 complete new ones. Just my 2 cents though :/

CPU Intel I7-4770k - Motherboard MSI G45 Gaming - RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB !866MHz - GPU Sapphire Dual-x R9-270x Crossfire - Case Fractal Design R4 - Storage SSD-120GB Kingston HyperX 3K + HDD-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue - PSU Corsair CX750 - Display Asus VH236H 23inch - Cooling Corsair H100i - Keyboard Razer Black Widow 2013 - Mouse Razer Death Adder 2013 - Sound Astro A40s - OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Could you link a mother board that would be not too expensive and good for overclocking?

Lemme see if I can find one.

mATX:

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/Z97MG43.html#hero-overview

ATX:

http://us.msi.com/product/mb/Z97_U3_PLUS.html#hero-overview

You could go on PC part picker go on motherboards, select Z97 out of the chipset selection and find a cheap, decent one.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Replace the 750Ti with an R7 265 and its fine.

No 750 Ti may be a little slower stock but so much better in every other ways (features, power usage,noise etc.)

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

No 750 Ti may be a little slower stock but so much better in every other ways (features, power usage,noise etc.)

Little slower? The R7 265 is consistently between 10-50% faster across the board: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1127?vs=1130

There's really no comparison. You get much more bang for your buck since they are both the same price. Yes it is more power-hungry but to be able to fully utilise the insane low power of the 750Ti, it requires a very unique niche, and budget gaming isn't one of them since the 750Ti is a poor GPU from a 'performance per dollar' perspective and is IMO wrongly recommended too often.

I suppose it depends on your preference but don't forget that by using a 750 ti you could save money or you psu as most need to extra power where as the 265 needs at least 75W extra and if the op had a cheap old psu with no PCIE power for example he could save by not getting a new one.
The OP happens to be spending 60$ on a psu he could buy el cheepo(not best practice really but why not if warrantied etc.) and save 40$ straight away as he doesn't need a big psu with 60W gpu and pentium

Noise is completely dependent of the aftermarket coolers. The R7 265 is not by any stretch a hot card, so it's not a big deal anyways.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I suppose it depends on your preference but don't forget that by using a 750 ti you could save money or you psu as most need to extra power where as the 265 needs at least 75W extra and if the op had a cheap old psu with no PCIE power for example he could save by not getting a new one.

The OP happens to be spending 60$ on a psu he could buy el cheepo(not best practice really but why not if warrantied etc.) and save 40$ straight away as he doesn't need a big psu with 60W gpu and pentium

At least 75W extra? Are you insane? You're saying that a R7 265 needs an 8 pin!

If you're recommending a cheapo PSU I'm not going to take you seriously.

Plus, I searched for the cheapest PSU on PCPP and the cheapest was the 430M from corsair anyways.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock