If you had to choose between working in the Linus Media Group or building your dream PC for free, what would you choose?

felixthemaster1

I would get the dream PC as I don't want to move alll the way to Canadia

Go to Canada. Get perks like free engineering upgrades at the cost of working. Depends really how much does your dream PC cost?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Dream PC for free because I'm in Eastern Europe.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Dream PC for free:

1. Make the Dream PC case out of solid diamond
  2. Sell the solid diamond case
  3. ???
  4. Profit.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Working for Linus. Because Canada and Slick. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Dream PC(s) for sure, not gonna suffice with a single one, moaaaaar PCs  :P

Dream PC because a job a Linus media group doesn't give you a chance to have a long term job. Like if you went to work at Microsoft or intel, 20 years from now you have a pretty secure job and you've been promoted a bunch. I don't even know where Linus will be in 20 years. I would love to do it as an internship, but as a long term job I just can't see it.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I would choose to work for linus, already have my dream pc

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Well thats easy... I would love to work for 40 hours a week for 50 weeks a year for the next 20 to 30 years for Linus for $70,000 a year salary plus health benefits and paid vacation. Who on earth would want a dream PC???????????????

get dream PC cos I need to do something and my computer just barely keep up with it.

LMG

Because I already live near him and it would be great for work experience. It doesn't even have to be a job, I would volunteer or intern for @LinusTech any day :)

work at LMG

Use the money to build my dream PC

You won't make enough money for that for sure...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Free dream PC because I'd never live in Canada

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Fuck I want to move to Canada anyway.... uhhh Dream PC then sell that PC for money. Move to Canada and continue to do my current job. Boom Win win. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

You won't make enough money for that for sure...

I didn't say it would happen overnight...

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

PC - Linus would never hire me or fire me (for real) immediately since for example I wouldn't have stopped using adblock and I would have disagreed with him publicly if questioned about it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Dream PC no question. I already have a kickass job that's basically (for now at least) my dream job :D

Though I must say it would be cool to meet and interact with the folks at LMG on a personal - non-fayboy - level. They ARE just people after all - even if they seem rather cool.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I think I would take the dream PC, I don't want to "work" for Linus. I would love to hangout at the office and do stuff for them once in awhile.....

well,even if i build the most badass pc right now

it will not so good in 10 years.

the memories from working at LMG will always be at my head :rolleyes: