Sins in technology

Axypha

Windows 8.1's lack of start menu.

Just use a start menu plug-in such as StartIsBack+

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

Nvidia mobile GPU-serries

500M to 800M all freaking rebrands.

Sinners

Braided mouse cables! They just get stuck or scrape across the back of the desk.

-Samsung S series phone design. Ugliest smart phone design in my opinion. 

-Tiny touch pads

-Tiny arrow keys

-Touch scroll on touch pads (At least apple's way of doing it makes it alot easier)

-Battery life in everything

-Lack of waterproofing, I mean come on, we need waterproof laptops and phones, and components now!

AMEN!!!

i was wondering why you cant just plug everthing into your motherboard, then coat it with a pealable, waterproof, non conductive spray..........

would be sweet if it was also thermally conductive, make heatsinks for entire rigs. xD

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Braided mouse cables! They just get stuck or scrape across the back of the desk...

#trackballFTW

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Just use a start menu plug-in such as StartIsBack+

honestly, the best free one ive found is classic shell.

i dont know what version i have but i made it look like xp start.

-Jim Hensen

"silent" fans as loud as deltas

How dare you diss the mighty delta. Delta (or San Ace)  fans are much better than that silent trash. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

White cases that get yellow with time.

Love those.

How dare you diss the mighty delta. Delta (or San Ace)  fans are much better than that silent trash. 

Deltas are a freaking F14 inside a case but they move a hell lot of air. Great for rigs that are on places where noise (or lack of it) is not an issue at all. And they are also pretty good to swipe leaves on the garden.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

WLED backlighting. They sell it as LED and you assume it's RGB which is better but it's not. It's not even cheaper to manufacture.

Also the new piledriver chips are a poor excuse for a new product. But hey, as long as AMD is working on what comes next I won't complain.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

695px-Samsung_Logo.svg.png

well their ssds are pretty good 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

battery life

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

battery life

Yeah, we'd do better without.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

not knowing what you're doing and selling your product for top price.

this one is for people who make build guides:

not including the OS, keyboard, mice, screen(s) and other stuff....

''a 750 dollar gaming pc rig.''

me: ''sweet!'' *click*

-tells me to re-use an old case, pirate my version of windows, and makes sure everything but the gpu is under 100$. -

me: *gives up on the pc masterrace and plays 3ds*

-Jim Hensen

well their ssds are pretty good 

also thier screens. whether tv or monitor i havent had any issues or complaints so far....

-Jim Hensen

Yeah, we'd do better without.

why not just get .1% more charge than you used by charging with use.

-makes a ten minute phone call-

-phone gets enough power to be used for ten minutes and .0015 seconds-

-leaves iphone in bag for twenty years-

-battery now at, nine hundred and twenty four percent senpia-

thankyou siri-chan.

-Jim Hensen

honestly, the best free one ive found is classic shell.

i dont know what version i have but i made it look like xp start.

Yeah, I know it is the best free one in my opinion too, but StartIsBack+ is paid, yes thats a downside, but I like how its excatly the same layout as the Win7 start menu, except with a nice Windows 8 flat theme IMO.

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

The single biggest sin in technology to date? Has to be Apple.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

1366 768 displays on laptops.

Smart watches

LED light strips on Dell "high-end" computers

Kaboom!

Another Graphics Card just exploded.

Companies choosing:

- profits over innovation

- marketing over innovation

- not to release games on PC

- to overprice items without improving quality

- ignore their customers' demands

- to reinvent the wheel and, in turn, provide an awkward and subpar experience for the user while shooting themselves in the foot

I disagree with so many points in this thread but, I am far to lazy to argue pointlessly.

I think the biggest sin of technology is keeping it to yourself. Only then are you truly limiting the growth and advancement.

Everything else is arbitrary or a preference.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

1366 768 displays on laptops.

Smart watches

LED light strips on Dell "high-end" computers

How are smartwatches sins?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D