Axypha

Lack of LED's on everything.

Consoles

EA

Ubisoft

FUCKING MOLEX CONNECTORS

Fractal Design cases.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

TN panels support higher refresh rates, IPS panels are better to look at. I think I'll stick with TN, framerate matters a lot more to me than a pretty picture

You missed the analogy. I work with Photos and Video for my job, having a more accurate monitor is more important to me. Prior to seeing an IPS panel I thought my TN panel was pretty accurate and pretty damn good. This was a false assumption and I could see that with eh new monitor. Likewise, you have probably never used a good optical mouse, so you do not have anything to compare the accuracy of your mouse to.

You missed the analogy. I work with Photos and Video for my job, having a more accurate monitor is more important to me. Prior to seeing an IPS panel I thought my TN panel was pretty accurate and pretty damn good. This was a false assumption and I could see that with eh new monitor. Likewise, you have probably never used a good optical mouse, so you do not have anything to compare the accuracy of your mouse to.

I have used a good optical mouse, I got a Logitech G400s from my friend a long time ago but it's been broken for years

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Oh you fanboy. Try phanteon or xfce and then rethink if 8.1 sucks or not. The whole 8.x windows is a tablet optimized OS not desktop optimized. But whatever you sheep will buy it cuz it's windows.

No, Windows 8.1 has better performance, supports DX12, and many other things. Windows 8.1 also added a lot that made navigation with it easier on a mouse. On top of that you can easily set it to boot to the desktop, and disable to stupid charms menues. You can even have metro apps run in the desktop now, although I never do. Ignoring the metro is easy, and I only use it to launch programs that are not on my taskbar.

I have used a good optical mouse, I got a Logitech G400s from my friend a long time ago but it's been broken for years

Fairly old optical mouse. Ever tried a Mionix Naos 7000?

Fairly old optical mouse. Ever tried a Mionix Naos 7000?

No but I might

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

No, Windows 8.1 has better performance, supports DX12, and many other things. Windows 8.1 also added a lot that made navigation with it easier on a mouse. On top of that you can easily set it to boot to the desktop, and disable to stupid charms menues. You can even have metro apps run in the desktop now, although I never do. Ignoring the metro is easy, and I only use it to launch programs that are not on my taskbar.

Still no point for an update so soon. Win 7 will be supported a few years more with updates so why. I will think on 8 as a daily os in 3 years when they patched all the bugs.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

Still no point for an update so soon. Win 7 will be supported a few years more with updates so why. I will think on 8 as a daily os in 3 years when they patched all the bugs.

Bugs? What bugs?

Nobody said that you have to upgrade to 8.1. 7 is good and feel free to stick with it. But 8.1 is not bad. If you ignore the Metro UI, you will find that 8.1 is better than 7.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Bad PSU's

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Bugs? What bugs?

Nobody said that you have to upgrade to 8.1. 7 is good and feel free to stick with it. But 8.1 is not bad. If you ignore the Metro UI, you will find that 8.1 is better than 7.

Oh pls stop, I don't want this to go on.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

Lack of LED's on everything.

Consoles

EA

Ubisoft

FUCKING MOLEX CONNECTORS

Fractal Design cases.

I love Fractal cases :/ Also, I like Molex.

I love Fractal cases :/ Also, I like Molex.

Fractal is a style argument.

but how on earth can you like molex? Every single last molex connector I've used has been flimsy and the pins pushed out with the wires attached whenever I tried to connect them, as opposed to the simple 3/4 pin connectors that just plug in simply and easily.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I hate how my computer always heats my room up as well.

I have to constantly have my air conditioner running 27 hours a day to ensure I can sleep as well as keep my room & computer cold enough so it doesn't break.

$100 cables that are advertised as super fast 100% gold plated stuff... 

Those poor ill informed consumers.... 

I buy my HDMI cables at a local dollar store for 3 bucks each. the packaging says gold plated connectors, and the cables really do work well, but I'm sure its only fools gold :rolleyes:

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

An i3 for a near-1000$ build described as a "High-quality/end gaming PC", which also uses an R7 260x

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/desktop-pc-monitors/desktop-pcs/gaming-pcs/cyberpower-gaming-revolution-gt-ii-gaming-pc-10010851-pdt.html

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

TN Displays

TN panels are awesome. Don't tell me you play games facing at a weird angle to your screen.

Intel hd graphics

overpriced things that don't come well with features or not that good or well build.

makes you think to buy a higher watt psu if you don't need much.

HP.

Ni-Cd batteries

Alkaline batteries. Everyone should be forced to use eneloops.

Apple claiming it invents stuff. All it has invented is Lightning, although I concede that it is a superior technology to MicroUSB.

Nokia not jumping on the android bandwagon like they are now wishing they had before Microsoft dragged it into its own sinking raft.

Speaking of which, Symbian.

Speaking of which, Windows Phone OS.

the fact that USB is not just the contact bit in the middle. I want them to get rid of those stupid metal brackets. ultrabooks would have way less restriction.

Toshiba for its hard drives

Samsung for being a conglomerate of jerkasses

The NSA for wasting our tax dollars and giving us a good reason to be paranoid enough to use VPNs.

Tor for being Tor

Motion Computing for not existing anymore. No one cares about them even though they are brilliant. You want a real windows tablet? there you go.

Blackberry for having existed for any span of time

Compaq.

Sony

Windows 8 and 8.1.

Bose

Beats (we will never forgive you.)

695px-Samsung_Logo.svg.png

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

HP.

Ni-Cd batteries

Alkaline batteries. Everyone should be forced to use eneloops.

Apple claiming it invents stuff. All it has invented is Lightning, although I concede that it is a superior technology to MicroUSB.

Nokia not jumping on the android bandwagon like they are now wishing they had before Microsoft dragged it into its own sinking raft.

Speaking of which, Symbian.

Speaking of which, Windows Phone OS.

the fact that USB is not just the contact bit in the middle. I want them to get rid of those stupid metal brackets. ultrabooks would have way less restriction.

Toshiba for its hard drives

Samsung for being a conglomerate of jerkasses

The NSA for wasting our tax dollars and giving us a good reason to be paranoid enough to use VPNs.

Tor for being Tor

Motion Computing for not existing anymore. No one cares about them even though they are brilliant. You want a real windows tablet? there you go.

Blackberry for having existed for any span of time

Compaq.

Sony

Windows 8 and 8.1.

Bose

Beats (we will never forgive you.)

Apple has actually done good stuff though.

(invention) MiniDisplayPort

(co-invention) Thunderbolt (mostly Intel, but Apple created the original connector and launched Thunderbolt into the market)

Disrupted and changed the course of the mobile phone world.

Constantly pushing the envelope in terms of design and engineering. Seriously, you have to give it to them that they fit the hardware they did in the Mac Pro and created a sufficient cooling system, same for the MacBook Air in it's heyday.

There's a lot more, but of course people who listen to people like Logan from TekSyndicate are just going to bulldoze right over important stuff.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)