Sins in technology

Axypha

Those shitty overpriced pre-built computers.

I'm just going to point out here, that many Pre-Built computers actually have comparable prices to DIY computers, because of the manufacturers getting a discount on Windows and things like that. If you take a base model Alienware X51 ($699.00), and replicate the parts in PCPartPicker, then the price wouldn't be that different. And PCPartPicker uses the LOWEST price from multiple stores. It's only the higher end computers that end up being overpriced, like maybe $800.00+.

laser sensors in mice

Everything about laser mice is superior to optical

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Sony saying that the PS4 has potential for better graphics than it has now.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

apples warranty

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

*cough* acceleration*cough* 

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

*cough* acceleration*cough* 

Optical mice are slow as balls, I will never go back to that primitive method of mouse tracking

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Optical mice are slow as balls, I will never go back to that primitive method of mouse tracking

The advantages are: surface compatibility, and some are more accurate.

The advantages of optical would be lack of mouse acceleration.

So you are one of the geniuses that say higher DPI is more better?

No, I don't go above 1600 DPI, but with an optical mouse the cursor tends to move slower than the mouse

No, I don't go above 1600 DPI, but with an optical mouse the cursor tends to move slower than the mouse

I edited it to be less rude. Sorry.

Btw you have a nice "mouse speed" option in windows.

I edited it to be less rude. Sorry.

Btw you have a nice "mouse speed" option in windows.

Yeah I know of that but laser mice are much more precise. I compared the movement of my optical mouse to my laser mouse and found that the cursour of the optical mouse lags behind the movement of the mouse slightly, whereas with my laser mouse the cursour follows my mouse exactly. Why wouldn't you want that? Most gaming mice are laser anyway

Yeah I know of that but laser mice are much more precise. I compared the movement of my optical mouse to my laser mouse and found that the cursour of the optical mouse lags behind the movement of the mouse slightly, whereas with my laser mouse the cursour follows my mouse exactly. Why wouldn't you want that? Most gaming mice are laser anyway

Then you have a crappy optical mouse.

Then you have a crappy optical mouse.

But I've read before that all optical mice are less precise than laser. Also yeah my optical mouse sucks, it stopped working after less than a year

WMA.

AZERTY.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

But I've read before that all optical mice are less precise than laser. Also yeah my optical mouse sucks, it stopped working after less than a year

I've own a G500 and a G400s. I like the G500 quite a bit, it is a really solid mouse and I highly recommend it. I have also (briefly) used a G5. I am currently using a G400s, a pretty good optical mouse. I personally much prefer it over my G500. I haven't found it any less accurate when both are used on a mousepad, but it is certainly more twitchy on a desk. I go with optical because while used on a mousepad it is no less accurate than a laser used on the same mousepad, in my experience, and the lack of mouse acceleration with optical is actually really massive to me.

Let's get back to topic.

I say advertising SATA cables as 6 Gb/s then overpricing them. All SATA cables are equal!

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I've own a G500 and a G400s. I like the G500 quite a bit, it is a really solid mouse and I highly recommend it. I have also (briefly) used a G5. I am currently using a G400s, a pretty good optical mouse. I personally much prefer it over my G500. I haven't found it any less accurate when both are used on a mousepad, but it is certainly more twitchy on a desk. I go with optical because while used on a mousepad it is no less accurate than a laser used on the same mousepad, in my experience, and the lack of mouse acceleration with optical is actually really massive to me.

There is no mouse acceleration with my mouse

4:3 aspect ratio for pro players in CS:GO.

ffs guys come on.

Yeah cause you know, using a 120hz tn panel with latency is soooo much better than using a CRT monitor with practically no latency or refresh rate cap.

laser sensors in mice

No, laser mice are shit.

unevenly spaced motherboards made for "triple SLI"

coloured fan cables

bright blue internal USB3.0 plug

coloured anything

green PCBs past 2001

"silent" fans as loud as deltas

Sole reason I refuse to use m.2 ssds. They might be faster than regular ssds, but as long as they look super fugly I won't ever think about using one.

2 pin casefans.

The fact that you can't use internal storage from android by default for /system. It's not like google using fucking hunderts of mb's while internal is bigger and almost empty.

USB 3.0 front header.

Windows 8.1

You mean Windows 8, Windows 8.1 isn't that bad and anyone who thinks so is a complete moron.

No, Laser mice have an inherent amount of acceleration to them, which makes them worse. Also,you said they are more accurate, which is a contradiction because it is impossible for a sensor with inherent acceleration to be more accurate than one without.

Anyways I hate when people bitch about mouse acceleration, yet use laser mice without knowing laser mice will give them mouse acceleration regardless of whether or not its disabled in games.

Also laptop manufactures who put a fn key int he bottom left corner of the keyboard. Fuck you, thats where ctrl is suppose to be.

There is no mouse acceleration with my mouse

You only think that because you have nothing good to compare it too, just like I thought my old tn panel was good before I saw an a professional IPS panel geared towards color working.

You only think that because you have nothing good to compare it too, just like I thought my old tn panel was good before I saw an a professional IPS panel geared towards color working.

TN panels support higher refresh rates, IPS panels are better to look at. I think I'll stick with TN, framerate matters a lot more to me than a pretty picture

Oh you fanboy. Try phanteon or xfce and then rethink if 8.1 sucks or not. The whole 8.x windows is a tablet optimized OS not desktop optimized. But whatever you sheep will buy it cuz it's windows.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

No, laser mice are shit.

No, Laser mice have an inherent amount of acceleration to them, which makes them worse. Also,you said they are more accurate, which is a contradiction because it is impossible for a sensor with inherent acceleration to be more accurate than one without.

Anyways I hate when people bitch about mouse acceleration, yet use laser mice without knowing laser mice will give them mouse acceleration regardless of whether or not its disabled in games.

Also laptop manufactures who put a fn key int he bottom left corner of the keyboard. Fuck you, thats where ctrl is suppose to be.

thats WHY i say laser mice are a sin.. and i have it disabled AND using mousefix to remove it even from the registry... so yea.. i know that laser is shit and i know that i have NO acceleration..

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race