Sins in technology

Axypha

Apple has actually done good stuff though.

(invention) MiniDisplayPort

(co-invention) Thunderbolt (mostly Intel, but Apple created the original connector and launched Thunderbolt into the market)

Disrupted and changed the course of the mobile phone world.

Constantly pushing the envelope in terms of design and engineering. Seriously, you have to give it to them that they fit the hardware they did in the Mac Pro and created a sufficient cooling system, same for the MacBook Air in it's heyday.

There's a lot more, but of course people who listen to people like Logan from TekSyndicate are just going to bulldoze right over important stuff.

I'm not denying that Apple has done good stuff. They're good competition for Samsung and they make powerful computers but in terms of price to performance they're abhorrent. There are some things they've helped invent, but not a whole lot. Then there's the fact that their iMacs are passively cooled. Yeah, great invention -_- then if anyone tries to innovate as much as apple, there is some ridiculous lawsuit filed by Apple.

And did I read you trying to label what Logan says as crap? I don't worship him by any means but I'm pretty sure Tek Syndicate is not full of idiots. They do pretty much the inverse of LTT; fewer reviews and more discussion. You do know they do stuff with computers for a living, right?

Those shitty overpriced pre-built computers.

There ya go, this one has even sold out, has loads of bloatware, and has a positive review! http://m.hsn.com/m/Product/7553000

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Inconsistantly coloured LED's in a PC

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

LEDs on the back of laptops. 

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

An i3 for a near-1000$ build described as a "High-quality/end gaming PC", which also uses an R7 260x

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/desktop-pc-monitors/desktop-pcs/gaming-pcs/cyberpower-gaming-revolution-gt-ii-gaming-pc-10010851-pdt.html

That pc costs £580

Pc partpicker is like £440, so its not THAT bad, though still £140 overpriced

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That pc costs £580

Pc partpicker is like £440, so its not THAT bad, though still £140 overpriced

£140 Could get you a great graphics card upgrade though,

i7 8086k @ 5.3Ghz / 32GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB @ 3733Mhz / Aorus GTX 1080 11Gbps / PG348Q

crippling pc games so console games look better

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 RAM: 16 GB GeIL Dragon 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 770OC 2GB Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D Storage: 1TB WD, Blue, 120GB, munch ssd PSU: 600w Corsair 

Display: aoc tn something, Dell ips U24..  Keyboard: CM storm quickfire xt Brown switches Mouse: Logitech G502, Pricing: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8CBWjX

So many salty motherfuckers in this thread already.

How about calling someone stupid who is actually just ill informed or based on their opinion. Also phones without front facing speakers

The messenger applications like Facebook chat and Whatsapp that always show when you were last online. No one likes it, get rid of it.

1. Reversed Ctrl and Fn keys on Laptops

2. Beats headphones and the like

3. iPhone screen size and resolution

4. MicroUSB connector on portables

5. Congested mobile networks

6. Crappy power supplies with lots of ripple

This Thread....

:rolleyes:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

4:3 aspect ratio for pro players in CS:GO.

ffs guys come on.

how come? I like it, it's not like it makes a difference for other people

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Believing osx can't get a virus or Trojan. REALLY PEOPLE WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO?

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

The NSA

Your profile GIF is perfect for that.

Apple has actually done good stuff though.

(invention) MiniDisplayPort

(co-invention) Thunderbolt (mostly Intel, but Apple created the original connector and launched Thunderbolt into the market)

Disrupted and changed the course of the mobile phone world.

Constantly pushing the envelope in terms of design and engineering. Seriously, you have to give it to them that they fit the hardware they did in the Mac Pro and created a sufficient cooling system, same for the MacBook Air in it's heyday.

There's a lot more, but of course people who listen to people like Logan from TekSyndicate are just going to bulldoze right over important stuff.

Woah... Apple Invent stuff... 

Woah... Apple Invent stuff... 

Woah... People still listen to TekSyndicate...

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Woah... People still listen to TekSyndicate...

There good for their news, and their reviews are a lot more in depth than the crap Linus puts out. Plus you know, Linus sells out on NCIX all the time. WAN Show: I hate LG Smart TVs because of the stupid user agreements that lets LG spy on you; NCIX showcase for a LG Smart TV: Look at how amazing this TV is! It's so amazing and great, I totally wasn't payed to say how amazing it was, I really think the UI doesn't suck and LG TV's are great!!! Ohhh fuck you Linus, what a freaking sell out.

But yeah, TS does a lot of tinfoil hat stuff, whatever.

anybody whos first troubleshooting step is to just wipe the computer and reinstall...

actually try something first :angry:

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

There good for their news, and their reviews are a lot more in depth than the crap Linus puts out. Plus you know, Linus sells out on NCIX all the time. WAN Show: I hate LG Smart TVs because of the stupid user agreements that lets LG spy on you; NCIX showcase for a LG Smart TV: Look at how amazing this TV is! It's so amazing and great, I totally wasn't payed to say how amazing it was, I really think the UI doesn't suck and LG TV's are great!!! Ohhh fuck you Linus, what a freaking sell out.

But yeah, TS does a lot of tinfoil hat stuff, whatever.

You realize what site you're on... right?

Locked down mobile CPUs. My laptop CPU can run full speed at 1v under P95 load and not go over 65c with the fan on low. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO OVERCLOCK IT. IT HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL. (I guess I could pin mod it but that would be too hard for me..)

Locked CPUs in general

CPUs that come with stock coolers that can't even cool them sufficiently

Low quality products (Unless they're really cheap. In that case you get what you pay for.)

Long shipping times (I'm looking at you NCIX. My cheap old PSU died after years of dedicated service and the one I ordered from NCIX US shipped from California instead of NY and took almost a week when I paid for fast shipping. I did get a refund for the shipping cost though..)

Crappy fans (The best fans I own are the ones that came with my case.. And the one inside my new PSU. My other fans are old and loud at high speeds. Two of them don't even have a third pin.)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Definitely, The online streaming programmes with local restrictions. We can't watch overseas programme which streaming online free because some people thinking it is can be pirated by other countries. Forcing people to go purchasing VPN by-pass services, like the Hotspot Shield. I don't mind they protecting them, but I really want to watch it at live, also I don't mind some ads before the live steam plays.

MY SETUP
CPU: Intel i7-4771 , RAM: Team Xtreem DDR3 1600MHz 8GB x 4 , MB: Intel DZ87KLT-75K , GPU:Asus OC GTX760, SSD: Plextor M5P 256GB , HDD: 1TB WD Black , PSU: Antec HCG520M

You realize what site you're on... right?

Yes, I'm on the site of Linus fanboys. Personally I think Linus's review videos suck because they are short and he only reviews consumer electronics now (like every other "tech unboxing" channel). TS review of the Surface 3 was far better done that Linus's and they went over all the ins and outs of the device. On top of that if you look at Linus' review of the Razer Blade 2014 you will notice he doesn't even bother talking about the piss poor cooling, something he bitches about in so many other laptop vides (he was paid by razer to only say good things). Ever since Linus' left NCIX he has reliant on selling out to companies and keeping them happy by not saying bad things to stay on their good sides. The rest of the crap he reviews (speakers and other consumer electronics) he purchases with his own money, so he can talk smack about those without worrying. On top of that their benchmarks are always skewed due to different coolers and overclocking. Of course a Windforce/Lightning/DCUII R9-290 will be better than a stock R9-290X when you overclock it. However that skews the benchmark results because they tested non ref with ref cards. It would be fair if they test the ref R9-290 to the ref R9-290X, or tested the Windforce R9-290 to the Windforce R9-290X, or compared all four together.

Regardless, I still like watching the WAN show, as this is where Linus can be more opinionated, however at the same time I find myself enjoying the commentary of Luke more than Linus himself.