Sins in technology

Axypha

Yes, I'm on the site of Linus fanboys. Personally I think Linus's review videos suck because they are short and he only reviews consumer electronics now (like every other "tech unboxing" channel). TS review of the Surface 3 was far better done that Linus's and they went over all the ins and outs of the device. On top of that if you look at Linus' review of the Razer Blade 2014 you will notice he doesn't even bother talking about the piss poor cooling, something he bitches about in so many other laptop vides (he was paid by razer to only say good things). Ever since Linus' left NCIX he has reliant on selling out to companies and keeping them happy by not saying bad things to stay on their good sides. The rest of the crap he reviews (speakers and other consumer electronics) he purchases with his own money, so he can talk smack about those without worrying. On top of that their benchmarks are always skewed due to different coolers and overclocking. Of course a Windforce/Lightning/DCUII R9-290 will be better than a stock R9-290X when you overclock it. However that skews the benchmark results because they tested non ref with ref cards. It would be fair if they test the ref R9-290 to the ref R9-290X, or tested the Windforce R9-290 to the Windforce R9-290X, or compared all four together.

Regardless, I still like watching the WAN show, as this is where Linus can be more opinionated, however at the same time I find myself enjoying the commentary of Luke more than Linus himself.

Usually when doing temperature things they use the same Noctua Fan as a way to keep everything fair and to get a better representation of the products heat output. I think that they have tested non-ref cards in the past to use with future cards too. 

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

Usually when doing temperature things they use the same Noctua Fan as a way to keep everything fair and to get a better representation of the products heat output. I think that they have tested non-ref cards in the past to use with future cards too. 

No, their benchmarks are simply skewed.

outdated products disguised as new ones

#PCMASTERRACE

Mate, do you even know that AMD and nvidia have rebranded their GPU's before?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

iGPU

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe this comment will revive this thread..

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Maybe this comment will revive this thread..

Maybe it will....

Here is what annoys me to no end.

.When you buy a new, sealed product off a company on ebay for say, and the products company refuses to service it if it goes faulty because you didn't buy it from a 'proper' dealership. I actually refuse to buy products from companies that do this when possible.

.Tech support that doesn't last as long as the warranty, e.g netgear only giving 90 days of tech support when the warranty is 2 years.  

Those shitty overpriced pre-built computers.

there are however non-shitty only slightly overpirced bt its worth the no hassle prebuilt comuters too.

rare though... very rare.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Windows 8.1's lack of start menu.

i give you.......

CLASSIC SHELL

google tht shit.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Yes, I'm on the site of Linus fanboys. Personally I think Linus's review videos suck because they are short and he only reviews consumer electronics now (like every other "tech unboxing" channel). TS review of the Surface 3 was far better done that Linus's and they went over all the ins and outs of the device. On top of that if you look at Linus' review of the Razer Blade 2014 you will notice he doesn't even bother talking about the piss poor cooling, something he bitches about in so many other laptop vides (he was paid by razer to only say good things). Ever since Linus' left NCIX he has reliant on selling out to companies and keeping them happy by not saying bad things to stay on their good sides. The rest of the crap he reviews (speakers and other consumer electronics) he purchases with his own money, so he can talk smack about those without worrying. On top of that their benchmarks are always skewed due to different coolers and overclocking. Of course a Windforce/Lightning/DCUII R9-290 will be better than a stock R9-290X when you overclock it. However that skews the benchmark results because they tested non ref with ref cards. It would be fair if they test the ref R9-290 to the ref R9-290X, or tested the Windforce R9-290 to the Windforce R9-290X, or compared all four together.

Regardless, I still like watching the WAN show, as this is where Linus can be more opinionated, however at the same time I find myself enjoying the commentary of Luke more than Linus himself.

wow......

i disagree but hug you and have respect for the amount of balls you have to say stuff like that on his site. xD

-Jim Hensen

there are however non-shitty only slightly overpirced bt its worth the no hassle prebuilt comuters too.

rare though... very rare.

Not to mention a ton of pre-built computers are un-balanced as hell.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

-Samsung S series phone design. Ugliest smart phone design in my opinion. 

-Tiny touch pads

-Tiny arrow keys

-Touch scroll on touch pads (At least apple's way of doing it makes it alot easier)

-Battery life in everything

-Lack of waterproofing, I mean come on, we need waterproof laptops and phones, and components now!

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Windows Vista

MSI Customer support

AMD Bulldozer

Most AMD CPUs

AMD heatsinks

Monitors with a response time of 5ms or more

Membrane keyboards

People who buy laptops and computers because "Oooh look! Shiny!"

People who think Spotify will sound as good as CD within three years

People who carelessly search for stupid shit which will get them viruses (My older brother once searched "Watch Game of Thrones season 6 online free").

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Windows 8 and the windows store. May they burn in hell.

Windows Vista

MSI Customer support

AMD Bulldozer

Most AMD CPUs

AMD heatsinks

Monitors with a response time of 5ms or more

Membrane keyboards

People who buy laptops and computers because "Oooh look! Shiny!"

People who think Spotify will sound as good as CD within three years

People who carelessly search for stupid shit which will get them viruses (My older brother once searched "Watch Game of Thrones season 6 online free").

How dare you say Vista.... The Vista Gods will come and hunt you down.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The lack of worship for our Lord and Savior GabeN

Edit: It is damn sickening to gaze upon all these heathens who believe in false gods(Linus).

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

Physx/G-Sync/GAMEWORKS/Mantle/Freesync

AMD APU'S

LINUX

Intel HD Craphics or any integrated craphics.

Locked cpu's for no reasons that can actually overclock

30fps locked games.

TN Displays

The only actual bad thing in their is 30fps locked games. And those are rare on PC

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

laser sensors in mice

i actually quite like lazer sensors... i prefer optical but having as much screen realestate as i do, and only evver having two optical mice out of my collection of 13......

im just used to it and ive never noticed any acceleration...........

(and yeah, i know its laser, lazer is how it sounds xP )

-Jim Hensen

How dare you say Vista.... The Vista Gods will come and hunt you down.

just being the black sheep apparently. xD

i liked vista. xD *high five*

-Jim Hensen

FX-6300 and a R9295X2

..... the FX-6300 is damn worth its money.....

20 extra dollars for two more cores than another damn good cpu..........

-Jim Hensen