Crucial DDR4 ready for pre-order in the UK

MY-176-CR_94664_600_678x452.jpg

While browsing the internet this evening I found a news post that started quoting UK pricing for DDR4. Given the length of time between now and the official DDR4 launch, and given that DRAM manufacturers are already announcing their kits, a quick trip to the shopping part of Google gave some interesting numbers. Several DDR4 kits had prices listed, all from one UK retailer and all from Crucial.

OCUK_575px.png

All the kits on offer are quad channel, with 4x8 GB and 4x4 GB kits. Notice they are all pre-order, stating a 29/8/14 ETA (or 8/29 for the US) – the end of August.

The kits at hand are offered in several speeds and price points. Note the prices above in orange are UK pricing, which includes our 20% sales tax: the black price underneath is excluding sales tax.  Here is the price comparison without tax:

2133 C16: £141.66 for 4x4GB, or £8.85 / GB

2133 C16: £274.99 for 4x8GB, or £8.59 / GB

2400 C16: £149.99 for 4x4GB, or £9.37 / GB

2400 C16: £299.99 for 4x8GB, or £9.37 / GB

2666 C15: £199.99 for 4x4GB, or £12.50 / GB

2666 C15: £399.99 for 4x8GB, or £12.50 / GB

3000 C15: £274.99 for 4x4GB, or £17.19 / GB

3000 C15: £555.55 for 4x8GB, or £17.36 / GB

Aside from the obvious price premium over DDR3, as is normal for a new technology, it is worth noting that 4x4 GB of the 3000 C15 is the same price as 4x8 GB of the 2133 C16. If Crucial are this early out of the gate with online listings, the other DRAM manufacturers should not be far behind.

Right now in the UK, OverclockersUK are gearing to make themselves one of the first online retailers stocking hardware supplies for the official launch of the X99 platform from Intel. I hope you have enough space in your wallet because you ain't going to be buying anything from the steam winter sale this Nov-Jan.

If you haven't yet seen the X99s sli from msi holy crap they go together nicely.

msi-x99s.jpg

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I'm not fussed about DDR4. #DDR3MasterRace

But those do look pretty nice.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

grrrrrrr #USisBetterthanUK

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

lHhnSQm.png

Sweclockers.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

I'm not fussed about DDR4. #DDR3MasterRace

But those do look pretty nice.

Their quad channel kit; 4x4GB 2400mhz for 180 GBP is a pretty great value. You don't normally find a 16GB kit for a 1866+ frequency with a decent CL of maybe 9-10

There are some dual channel kits for less however they're just 1333mhz CL 7-9 probably

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

lHhnSQm.png

Sweclockers.

But the latency seems high. CL15-16. A bit high.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Their quad channel kit; 4x4GB 2400mhz for 180 GBP is a pretty great value. You don't normally find a 16GB kit for a 1866+ frequency with a decent CL of maybe 9-10

There are some dual channel kits for less however they're just 1333mhz CL 7-9 probably

Yeah, I'm pretty impressed by the prices. But it's the platform that they require that is stopping me from adopting DDR4.

grrrrrrr #USisBetterthanUK

Don't lie to me fool.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Yeah, I'm pretty impressed by the prices. But it's the platform that they require that is stopping me from adopting DDR4.

Don't lie to me fool.

I ain't lying. Americans make the best everything. Tires, cars (well not that), tools, even technology. Even the food here is better.

wont be touching DDR4 for a while unless its for someone elses computer. Skylake E is where i will be jumping on board.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

wont be touching DDR4 for a while unless its for someone elses computer. Skylake E is where i will be jumping on board.

You're willing to wait for another 2-3 years, you got balls o_O

I ain't lying. Americans make the best everything. Tires, cars (well not that), tools, even technology. Even the food here is better.

I much prefer British food.

Anyway, all of that is outweighed by Top Gear.

I much prefer British food.

Anyway, all of that is outweighed by Top Gear.

Nope. Quality of products take priority over entertainment.

Nope. Quality of products take priority over entertainment.

I think not. Jeremy Clarkson is far superior to anything.

Wait. I thought you were Asian, why are you on America's side?

I think not. Jeremy Clarkson is far superior to anything.

Wait. I thought you were Asian, why are you on America's side?

I am an Asian, living in AMERICA. I think it's obvious enough.

I am an Asian, living in AMERICA. I think it's obvious enough.

Abandoning your country of origin? I'm disappointed.

Abandoning your country of origin? I'm disappointed.

I was born in America.

I was born in America.

watevs

#JeremyClarksonForPrimeminister

Great. Now we need to wait a couple of years until they're mainstream and a lot of Mobo manufacturers start to make boards for it. Also, for me to give a damn.

watevs

#JeremyClarksonForPrimeminister

#JeremyClarksonIsNoPolitician.

#JeremyClarksonIsNoPolitician.

It doesn't even matter. He could do it.

Right, I'm off, I've a feeling we are derailing the thread slightly.

You're willing to wait for another 2-3 years, you got balls o_O

Well my i5 is hardly a slow chip, if it does do (or i kill it) i will just drop in a 4790k and squat on that for a while. Of course if my MOBO and CPU die i will just go with whatever socket 2011 chip makes sense at the time but ideally I want to wait for Skylake E because by that point DDR4 should have come down in price a decent amount and we might even get an 8 core K part rather than it being just the extreme edition.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

It doesn't even matter. He could do it.

Right, I'm off, I've a feeling we are derailing the thread slightly.

Btw, where is your profile picture from?

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

Omg the dick measuring contest for more RAM. I have 16gbs and I want more. I want 192gb of RAM for absolutely no reason other than to brag about.

Ofc it will take a while for 16gb or higher sodimms to come out but still the density will be great.

Project Restomod (In progress)