Zalman CNPS10X

Zalman CNPS9900A

ARTIC Cooling Freezer Xtreme Rev.2

scythe ashura

scythe mugen

scythe katana

scythe ninja

deepcool gammaxx 400 white/gold edition

trends take time to change, the hyper 212 gets smashed by many coolers, like a metric ton however word of mouth is very powerful so it manages to stay more popular when it doesnt have a reason to anymore.

These are all better preforming and cheaper? Everywhere I am looking they are all about double the price that the 212 goes for sale for all the time and I'm not seeing any history of these being discounted, and the few benchmarks I looked at they weren't more than a couple degrees better... not worth it at all IMO.

I guess you can somewhat make an arguement for it by saying the 212 is $35. But I've bought several of them for around $15, and its extremely common for them to be $20... so in my eyes that is the price bracket I put them in.

UK product, not gonna get much attention from big tech youtube channels :(

There are reviewes of it since September (on youtube) but hardly any views and number of reviewes is less than 5...

I guess i will have to dig a littler more to find a good review :/

Also this is old news from september:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/214651-cryorig-h5-vs-hyper-212-evo/

So why u post info about this now ? @brownninja97

I cant find this cooler available anywhere in UK yet...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

UK product, not gonna get much attention from big tech youtube channels :(

There are reviewes of it since September (on youtube) but hardly any views and number of reviewes is less than 5...

I guess i will have to dig a littler more to find a good review :/

Also this is old news from september:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/214651-cryorig-h5-vs-hyper-212-evo/

So why u post info about this now ? @brownninja97

I cant find this cooler available anywhere in UK yet...

op is in july. From what i understand cryorig are having manufacturing issues due to financial problems because they are struggling to get into more countries. Its been delayed a lot.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

op is in july. From what i understand cryorig are having manufacturing issues due to financial problems because they are struggling to get into more countries. Its been delayed a lot.

Lol i actually didnt notice the date on first post, my bad. After very long time months old topic made it back to 1st page on news section, that confused me :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Lol i actually didnt notice the date on first post, my bad. After very long time months old topic made it back to 1st page on news section, that confused me :)

yeah its actually surprising how many of my threads get necroed 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

literally twice the price of the Hyper 212 plus when it's on sale (every other week). It's a nice cooler but it hardly kills the hyper 212 when they aren't even in the same pricing segment, any more than the NH-D15 kills this. 

So it's 140mm vs 120mm, wider, costs twice as much, and only cools only a little better?  Where's the reason to buy it?  Sorry, keeping my 212 until I go water cooling. :\

So it's 140mm vs 120mm, wider, costs twice as much, and only cools only a little better?  Where's the reason to buy it?  Sorry, keeping my 212 until I go water cooling. :\

literally twice the price of the Hyper 212 plus when it's on sale (every other week). It's a nice cooler but it hardly kills the hyper 212 when they aren't even in the same pricing segment, any more than the NH-D15 kills this. 

As i said if you are in the uk or pretty much outside of europe then this isnt for you. Luckily my friend brought one this morning for £29.99 on some random shop that google linked him to. He said that he wants me to overclock his machine, its paired with a 4670k. Im sorry but i just have to laugh in your faces, you guys gets better everything, its about time that chances. Im not sure what the prices are like in the us but try raijintek products as a fallback, they are definitely up there for being the best budget coolers.

Listen if you care.

Thank god I'm protected if the heatsink explodes *phew*

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

99b.jpg

So lets just break this down, i dont want you to think ive put out a title like this for no reason because something will shock you big time.

It has four 6mm copper heatpipes

Its bigger then the hyper 212 but it still has full ram compatibility

6 bloody  years of warrenty SIX YEARS, so if your heatsink suddenly explodes then you are covered, i think

A 140mm fan with 65cfm at 1200rpm(goes from 700 to 1300rpm)

99a.jpg

It has "hive" technology which reduces turbulence which means air can get from one end to the other end quicker 

Furthermore they have somehow done all of this without the use of solder because trees man TREES.

Also with the combination of the hive system and a standard heatsink they have created another technology which quote "happened by accident" acting as a propelling system slingshotting air faster which doesnt directly affect the heatsink temps but it airs heat to get out of the case faster which is nice, air pockets suck.

dimensions:    L140 mm x W140 mm x H13 mm

10_top_sh_h5.jpg

Another thing to note is that the pictures on their website are bigger then 4k, a little odd.

Pricing, brace yourselves its crazy

UK: £28

Euros: 34

US: $46.99 (manufactured in the UK so prices are higher for you guys haha).

http://www.techpowerup.com/203603/cryorig-h5-universal-tower-cpu-cooler-launched.html

http://www.cryorig.com/h5-universal.php

Will be on sale some time in august.

I think you forgot to mention something.

Their mounting system seems really secure and great, just through I'd throw that out there.

Also, I still can't find these anywhere to buy in the U.S., it said September/October release on their Facebook/Twitter, I'm really disappointed.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

I want to throw my money so badly, but they don't sell in Canada yet :/

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I want to throw my money so badly, but they don't sell in Canada yet :/

Like, I can't find them anywhere online to buy, even in other countries. Their Twitter/FB said Sep/Oct release...sad day, sad day.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Like, I can't find them anywhere online to buy, even in other countries. Their Twitter/FB said Sep/Oct release...sad day, sad day.

Newegg US has them. (Not the H5 though)

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Newegg US has them. (Not the H5 though)

Yeah I know, I'm looking for the H5....=(

You know why the 212 is such popular? not only its performance, but also the marketing campaigns. Look at some popular  IT Youtuber or Websites, they all  recommended 212 evo at least once. The previous revenue has enable CM to do lots of marketing which are hard for most companies.   Pity

Cha-Ching!

hyper 212 = lower price

therefore, hyper 212 still wins

Win that, cryorig loses discussion closed  :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, the H5 Universal has just arrived in the USA.
Here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF1W87430&ignorebbr=1

More reviews should be popping up, but mostly in German sites since it began selling there first.

On topic with the Hyper 212 (any version).  With a 12cm fan and tower form factor, it's naturally going to be cheaper (less materials.)  

So in the end it will depend on what are you looking for in a heatsink/cooler.  

The only way the Hyper 212 catches up to the H5 and H7 is through extremely high RPM fans.

But with high RPM of course you're loosing out on your Noise : Performance ratio.

Including a blower fan is the cheapo route compared to making a more efficient or larger fin area heatsink body.

And price of course is an issue with any purchase.  But evaluating what you get for your money, performance is sometimes more than just temperature difference.

Hi guys, the H5 Universal has just arrived in the USA.

Here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF1W87430&ignorebbr=1

More reviews should be popping up, but mostly in German sites since it began selling there first.

On topic with the Hyper 212 (any version).  With a 12cm fan and tower form factor, it's naturally going to be cheaper (less materials.)  

So in the end it will depend on what are you looking for in a heatsink/cooler.  

The only way the Hyper 212 catches up to the H5 and H7 is through extremely high RPM fans.

But with high RPM of course you're loosing out on your Noise : Performance ratio.

Including a blower fan is the cheapo route compared to making a more efficient or larger fin area heatsink body.

And price of course is an issue with any purchase.  But evaluating what you get for your money, performance is sometimes more than just temperature difference.

Ugh finally! Almost makes me regret that I'm water cooling now.......

IN the UK, I think you guys have the CM 212X. IN the US the top 212 is the Evo. 212X comes after the Evo.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

IN the UK, I think you guys have the CM 212X. IN the US the top 212 is the Evo. 212X comes after the Evo.

the 212x was supposed to be the next evo but it never caught on since the evo is still so good.

I have the r1 ultimate and it's freakin awesome, totally recommend more of their products if they're anything like the r1.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

only problem is the cm t4 is $15 right now

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place