Cryorig H5: hyper 212 is now DEAD

brownninja97

Yes this beats it no question, this has a better fan and a better heatsink and a better price and better warrenty

How can you possibly say it beats it "no question"? We know it has a good price (Not necessarily better though, especially in the US where the 212 is clearly still cheaper), and a better warranty. That's it.

I'll wait for the reviews thanks. It might be just as awesome as you say, and if so, sweet. More choices for us builders! However, it could also suck big saggy tits. We have no way besides "guessing" until a proper review/comparison/benchmark comes out. Your "educated prediction" is nothing more than a guess based on their marketing info. Let's please keep things logical here and wait for the review before creaming in our pants that it's the best thing since Athlon XP ;)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I have the R1 Universal.

I can vouch that the mounting mechanism is approximately 1 giga-billion times better than the 212 Evo. On average. It's excellence is enough for me to recommend it on that alone.

I can also vouch that the fan is extremely competent, producing pretty good static pressure despite being thin.

This is a premium grade 140mm cooler for the price of 212 Evo. It kicks all kinds of ass.

Also, it's 6 heat-pipes verses four

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

You say this will kill the 212 evo but where are the benchmarks? Also, looks a little too flashy for me, which makes me concerned about the quality of it. 

Don't be. Cryorig may have come from nowhere but their quality is right up their with Noctua.

I mean, you only have to see the box the accessories come in for you to know it's high quality.

contents1.jpg

The box on the top is the accessories package.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Uhmm such heatpipes, much design, termal paste included, sexy fan, much bargain, naice.

How can you possibly say it beats it "no question"? We know it has a good price (Not necessarily better though, especially in the US where the 212 is clearly still cheaper), and a better warranty. That's it.

I'll wait for the reviews thanks. It might be just as awesome as you say, and if so, sweet. More choices for us builders! However, it could also suck big saggy tits. We have no way besides "guessing" until a proper review/comparison/benchmark comes out. Your "educated prediction" is nothing more than a guess based on their marketing info. Let's please keep things logical here and wait for the review before creaming in our pants that it's the best thing since Athlon XP ;)

Well as the hyper is pretty expensive here we have more options open to us

here are a few coolers we could potentially use instead of the hyper

• Raijintek themis
  • Raijintek ereboss
  • xigmatek dark knight
  • evga active cooler
  • Akasa AK-CC4008HP01V2(dat name scheme)
  • Zalman CNPS10X

Its nice with more options

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well as the hyper is pretty expensive here we have more options open to us

here are a few coolers we could potentially use instead of the hyper

• Raijintek themis
  • Raijintek ereboss
  • xigmatek dark knight
  • evga active cooler
  • Akasa AK-CC4008HP01V2(dat name scheme)
  • Zalman CNPS10X

Its nice with more options

I'm not entirely sure of the point of this? Yes, the 212 is more expensive to Europeans. Yes, more choice is good.

However you were blindly stating that this would beat the 212 without any empirical evidence. That's basically fanboyism. I'm not saying that you're a fanboy, but to be frank, you were acting like one with that post. We'll just wait and see. If it's better and has a more compelling value, then fucking sweet! But we don't know that. And won't until the benchmarks come out.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'm not entirely sure of the point of this? Yes, the 212 is more expensive to Europeans. Yes, more choice is good.

However you were blindly stating that this would beat the 212 without any empirical evidence. That's basically fanboyism. I'm not saying that you're a fanboy, but to be frank, you were acting like one with that post. We'll just wait and see. If it's better and has a more compelling value, then fucking sweet! But we don't know that. And won't until the benchmarks come out.

i guess i understand where you are coming from, my thought process what that more heatsink+bigger fan+newer technology= win. I was pretty certain that the 212 would be beaten, i guess we should wait for the benchmarks but my money is on the cryorig winning. Either way im getting the xigmatek dark night because of its appearance.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

But what if my heatsink explodes after 7 years :(. I will wait for the reviews. Hasn't Cooler Master recently released a new 212?

They released it, but only in third world countries.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Case clearance is still a thing, you know.

So it's around the same size as the 212, interesting.

Though, if it does come out to be around 50us, there are better options so this thread is moot. :P

It's for UK and European people. Cheaper there since it's manufactured there. So point not moot : D

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

I have the R1 Universal.

I can vouch that the mounting mechanism is approximately 1 giga-billion times better than the 212 Evo. On average. It's excellence is enough for me to recommend it on that alone.

I can also vouch that the fan is extremely competent, producing pretty good static pressure despite being thin.

This is a premium grade 140mm cooler for the price of 212 Evo. It kicks all kinds of ass.

Also, it's 6 heat-pipes verses four

The AM3+ mounting for the 212 is a joke. It's like coolermaster have never even tried it for themselves. Or they tried and went "Meh, good enough".

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

The AM3+ mounting for the 212 is a joke. It's like coolermaster have never even tried it for themselves. Or they tried and went "Meh, good enough".

Yeah, I had to mount it on my friends FM2 system (same holes)

Hell of a job

ehhh in Canada you can find a hyper 212 for around $20 and this is double the price. Unless there is way better performance, it's not worth it...

ehhh in Canada you can find a hyper 212 for around $20 and this is double the price. Unless there is way better performance, it's not worth it...

I agree.

Last 212 I bought was $14... May as well go CLC at this one's price point, a Coolermaster 120V is only $50 and I haven't had any issues with mine.

Any links? The cheapest 212 i can find is the evo for $30 - http://www.ncix.com/detail/cooler-master-hyper-212-evo-6a-64385-1031.htm

I'm sure they have gone on sale around that price it's just that i paid $30 and that seems to be the regular price.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

Sorry, but 212 can be bought for around $20-$25 USD, and this thing is $50 USD? The 212 isn't dead and it won't ever be dead until CM kills it off or comes out with a new one.

At the price point of $50 I might as well save a bit more and get a Noctua cooler or a AIO.

I'll wait for benchmarks. I don't know how well the honeycomb design works with heatsinks.

And IIRC, the Hyper 212 uses direct contact heatpipes that's why it works so well with a basic heatsink fin design.

I wonder why everyone on here loves the Hyper 212 so much..

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

It looks way thicker than a 212 evo, may be an issue for some people, but it may not as well.

@Phillyphries because it's cheap and easy to fit into 99% of use case scenarios

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Im all for Cryorig!, used the R1 Ultimate for a mates rig and that thing is freaking sweet!

Im also using a C1 in a mini ITX build im currently doing for someone and so far the performance is sweet too.

But i still love my CM V8 GTS to death to change it to a diffrent cooler!

Let's agree to disagree

Any links? The cheapest 212 i can find is the evo for $30 - http://www.ncix.com/detail/cooler-master-hyper-212-evo-6a-64385-1031.htm

I'm sure they have gone on sale around that price it's just that i paid $30 and that seems to be the regular price.

I don't have a link but I have seen them VERY often at around that price. Even EChondo sees them around that price point

Sorry, but 212 can be bought for around $20-$25 USD, and this thing is $50 USD? The 212 isn't dead and it won't ever be dead until CM kills it off or comes out with a new one.

At the price point of $50 I might as well save a bit more and get a Noctua cooler or a AIO.

I don't have a link but I have seen them VERY often at around that price. Even EChondo sees them around that price point

Sure but $20-25 USD is about $22-27 CAD. Prices are also generally lower in america and i'm not talking about the U.S to CAD conversion. The average price for a 212 in Canada is $30.

looks nice, i wish it was a little darker metallic grey though... 

but still note enough to make me switch from h2o to air

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

this is awesome, but the 140mm wide cooler wont fit in my microatx motherboard :( It will cover the first pcie slot :(  

I think the 212 is still good, but.  I'm sadly stuck with it over this one.  

If this thing blows the 212 out of the water I might have to consider this :D

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -