What did you name your computer?

EmoRarity

Well, when I refer to it it's "my computer", but it's called TARDIS on the network.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Still haven't came up with a name for it.

wtzVH1w.jpg

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

"The Heater" (amd CPU and GPU)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 │ Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 103 │ GPU: ASUS STRIX RX480 8GB @1400 │ RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9 HyperX Fury Blue Series │ SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB │ HDD: 2x Western Digital Blue 1TB │ Motherboard: GIGABYTE H97-HD3 │ PSU: EVGA 600B │ Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400S Tempered │ OS: Windows 10 Pro

Black Glacier

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

I'm curious, OP. Why is your CPU cooler oriented that way? Is it not more efficient for you to use the standard push-towards-rear-exhaust orientation?

Silverstone ML08  ||  Intel i5-6600  ||  Gigabyte HD 7950 @ Stock  ||  Corsair 2x4GB DDR4 2133MHz  ||  Gigabyte H170-N WIFI  ||  Samsung 840 Pro 128GB  ||  WD Caviar Black 1TB  ||  MSX 64-bit

Still haven't came up with a name for it.

Now that is gorgeous.. I usually don't even like the typical windowed build like this but wow that colour scheme is stunning. Looks so clean as well. 

Silverstone ML08  ||  Intel i5-6600  ||  Gigabyte HD 7950 @ Stock  ||  Corsair 2x4GB DDR4 2133MHz  ||  Gigabyte H170-N WIFI  ||  Samsung 840 Pro 128GB  ||  WD Caviar Black 1TB  ||  MSX 64-bit

Mine is called 'Rosabelle'. My computer is my baby and if I ever have a daughter one of the names I like is Rosabelle, the name also means 'beautiful rose'.

Your saying what I put here will be under my posts?

PC:Rosabell

Normally, I'd think the names "Beast" (Main), "Tinker" (Secondary) & "Lappy" (Laptop) are self-explaining, but thinking about an alternate nickname for my main rig "Hank" or "McCoy" come to mind with all the blue in the system (blue LED fans, blue coolant, Team Blue CPU...).

But seriously, the names are rather straight-forward for my systems - Beast has the best parts out of all of ~my~ systems; Tinker has the second-best set of parts in my system and is the one I pull out and rebuild when testing parts for other systems, rescuing data from a donated machine or testing different OSes (Win10TP anybody?); Lappy is obviously the laptop (Thinkpad L520 with upgraded RAM and storage with personally-installed Win7Pro on it) for when I need more processing power than my Nexus7 whilst I'm in town or on the road.

Though Dad technically has the best CPU/Mobo/RAM setup in the house, as he is running an i7-5820K, MSI X99 Krait & 64GB (8x8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2800MHz... aaaand a GTX760 pumping 4K over DP under Zorin-OS 9.

Hey, don't look at ~me~ for him using the GTX760 (though it WAS my card until I got the 6GB GTX780 in Beast), he doesn't game all that much nowadays (keeping an old XP box next to his main system for games like Diablo II), he got the X99/DDR4/Haswell-E setup as he was frequently running into out-of-memory issues with the i7-2600K/ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen4/32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz setup (that now powers Tinker Rig) with the fine-detailed maps made with the spreadsheet program in Libre Office for the stories he writes and building plans for the block of land we own.

Yeah, I'm not surprised, as "Beast" is likely a very common nickname for those with powerful gaming rigs, that's why I mention "Hank" & "McCoy" as alternate nicknames for my "Beast" system (comic book geeks will know why). :P

Mine was the beast because it is so hard to move it around lol

All these names are awesome and i'm here like. Janet.

10-to-1 bet: It was merged with an older pre-existing thread.

Ahh

Black Steed - Because the entire PC is black, inside and outside. Looks clean but only issue is its a nightmare to upgrade or do anything as its so dark on the inside. Dropped a screw inside there once and didn't find it until I tipped my PC upside down lol.

EDIT: There is one red light source but it comes from the sound card, not my choice (didn't know it had an LED on it).

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

my computer is Supernova 2,0 , got the name from the colour scheme and its in the second set of upgrades now 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I always keep things thematic...my personal setup is...

Gaming Machine - Jayne, b/c it's a beast that blows stuff up

MacBook - Kaylee - Refined workhorse that's always with me

iPhone - River - Tiny unassuming, kicks ass.

Router - Malcolm - Everything's gotta go through it first

HTPC - Book - Always telling stories

iPad - Simon - Full of PDFs and other knowledge

File Server - Serenity - Stores everything

Project Earth, or Earth build

the picture explains why, basically i love nature, planets and wanted a challenge so designed and build my own computer from scratch.

post-1037-0-54676800-1437371825_thumb.jp

post-1037-0-76871400-1437371993_thumb.jp

got to love Asus components

I've been in the Arcade Business since I was 14. One of my favorite Arcade Boards to work with was the Sega Naomi. I put Naomi Badges on mine. Though in Windows it's called the WOPR after the Super Computer in War Games. 

DSC00179_zpsjyekuriu.jpg 

Untitled_zps1qoau64p.png

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

Project Earth, or Earth build

the picture explains why, basically i love nature, planets and wanted a challenge so designed and build my own computer from scratch.

attachicon.gifearth build 2 small file.jpg

attachicon.gifearth build finished rig small file.jpg

That is a creative and unique build. well done!