What's something so underrated but is actually really good?

Haha, very funny really. Also not true. First and second gen as well as all earlier MacBooks had SODIMMs... Only now they don't. Same with other ultrabooks.

Well current macbooks are soldered. And yea I'm being facetious. I don't care that it's soldered. I just won't buy it then. Just like the razer blade 2014. Or other ultrabooks. I'm not sacrificing memory banks for 10 millimeters of thickness. I've taken plenty of macbooks and ultrabooks apart. Not easy to rip apart anyway, and a swappable memory bank would be a lot thicker. 

I wanted to act like I'm above taking sides then throw an apple punch in there. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Well current macbooks are soldered. And yea I'm being facetious. I don't care that it's soldered. I've taken plenty of macbooks and ultrabooks apart. Not easy to rip apart anyway, and a swappable memory bank would be a lot thicker. 

I wanted to act like I'm above taking sides then throw an apple punch in there. 

It was a nice one I've gotta admit that...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

The R9 270

The MacBook Pro.

At least with some techies...Just because of that Apple on the back I think...

Well, that logo is actually my big issue with it. Dammed glowing logos. Even on PCs

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

the R9 270 , at that price it really delivers near R9 270x performance without OC

CPU: Intel i5-4670K CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1 Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB Storage:  Samsung 850 evo 250GB ,1TB WD BLUE, Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair AX760 Full Modular Monitor: Dell 23" S2340L IPS Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Mouse: Logitech G502(w/ Mi Metal Mousepad) Headphone: Audio Technica ATH-M50/MSR-7 Speaker: Edifier Studio 7 R2730DB

The MacBook Pro.

At least with some techies...Just because of that Apple on the back I think...

I actually want the MacBook Air. I like something super thin. But maybe I can get a good Ultrabook for the price of one.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I actually want the MacBook Air. I like something super thin. But maybe I can get a good Ultrabook for the price of one.

Well the Air is great, depending on what you want, obviously. The only real drawback is the the display, which is currently 1440x900 for the 13" (which would be just fine if it weren't TN...) I can tell you that it does still look absolutely fantastic. You can always check it out at some Apple Store tho.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Well the Air is great, depending on what you want, obviously. The only real drawback is the the display, which is currently 1440x900 for the 13" (which would be just fine if it weren't TN...) I can tell you that it does still look absolutely fantastic. You can always check it out at some Apple Store tho.

Yeah, that thing is super thin. I can't believe they stuff pretty cool stuff inside it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

for me it is the two 770 that are in my rig love them would not give them up for one 780 TI

Mechanical drives: the speed is not an issue for most of the common uses like storing lots of audio and video files. Streaming is good but it's nice to have offline things to use

-------

Current Rig

-------

Mechanical drives: the speed is not an issue for most of the common uses like storing lots of audio and video files. Streaming is good but it's nice to have offline things to use

I agree. I still love my 2TB drive to death, even if it's filled with only 80MB left.

Same, and if you're not dumb, they're troopers.

This 232GB Toshiba drive stuffed in my laptop (it's what it shipped with) has lasted with me for 4+ years and through whatever my dad's done on it for like 3. Never skipped a beat, never had an error.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

Origin, Corsair everything, PowerColor GPUs

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Windows vista. Or GTA 4

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Or RCT 1, 2, or 3. Those never get talked around here. It's a really good game.

I3 cpus for gaming.

Ryzen 7600X | MSI Trio X 3080 | 3440x1440p asus vg34vql1b | Antec HCG 850 | 1TB WD Blue SSD | 500GB Aorus Elite | Asus B650 Strix A

sempron 145, single core, lowest grade cpu comparitively, but gives out more perfomance compared to it's power consumption, I've never felt it any different than using an i3 processor altho that one is a dual core.

Details separate people.

autoerotic asphyxiation

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

SilverStone ap123- tests prove it is quiter than nff12 when on a radiator

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

sempron 145, single core, lowest grade cpu comparitively, but gives out more perfomance compared to it's power consumption, I've never felt it any different than using an i3 processor altho that one is a dual core.

@tmcclelland455, here's something good.

Then you unlock that other core... Wow. Then you overclock it to the moon... Double wow. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Crocs.

DISCIPLE OF HIS HOLINESS, GABEN FIRST OF HIS NAME FOR NOW AND THE END OF TIME

STEAM - Brendson | ORIGIN - LGBrendson | BATTLE.NET - Brendson#2793

PLACES TO FOLLOW ME - Pastebin

Crocs.

Nah. They actually suck.