New xbox revealed, glorified DVR.

At first I hoped I could buy a Xbox One, there are awesome exclusives to be released. But the DRM/always-on thing crushed my hopes into pieces. Let's see what Sony does

144Hz goodness

The first Xbox looked better than that. 

The first xbox was a work of boxy art! Oh lord, how i loved the duke

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I want to add some new informations:

I'll work on adding those to the main post when i get back to my main PC later on tonight.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Haters gonna hate.

I dont mind the new Xbox one.

You guys mention it looks like a DVR, well it is!... it is supposed to fit in with your other entertainment components.

not look like a flashy piece of art.

who looks at the console while gaming anyway? "O I really love how my xbox looks on the shelf"

I just hope it is the size it is because its got a kick ass graphics card.

I didnt really catch any info on the specs of the graphics.

Other than that Xbox One is the next xbox, if your a console gamer or not, its here to stay for several years like the 360.

The XBox One will be siting in your living room, for all to see. So it is a peace of art. It's not a box that you put under the desk, in some dark corner.

Also, size maters BIG time in Japan. It's a huge market there.. and Microsoft just shot themselves on the foot. Sony had the same problem until the slimmer model came one. Space is expensive in Japan.

The Xbox One GPU is integrated in the CPU. It's the same technology and generation (but possibly different model) as the PS4 one. The GPU will be using DDR3 memory which is shared with the CPU. Making the CPU faster than the PS4, but the GPU will struggle a bit.. the reverse effect of the PS4 system, where the CPU will struggle due to the GDDR5 memory, but the GPU will have no problem.

Also, you'll need to pay a monthly subscription to unlock all the features demonstrated, much like the XBox 360, and also multiplayer.

Plus, you need to pay a fee for used or transferred games. and have an always on connection .

The other consoles, Nintendo and Sony, offers everything, same experience, but for free.

True, it does not affect performance but I don't want people to think I have an old VCR sitting on my entertainment shelf.   I am a geek and I like sleek!   :)

Also,

Who do you know that has an old "tube" TV theses days anyway?  With all the LCD TVs and monitors, shelving does not have to be very deep at all.  Where you are going to put that clunky old looking box?  It doesn't really look like you can set it on end like the 360.

Computer enthusiast, Network Consultant - 16+ years experience - Associates Degree in Electronics - 1996 - CompTIA A+ certification - 2000 - Bachelor's Degree of Information Technology - 2010

Best part about it being a DVR is that you actually need to connect it to your DVR that is provided by your cable provider.

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

True, it does not affect performance but I don't want people to think I have an old VCR sitting on my entertainment shelf.   I am a geek and I like sleek!   :)

Also,

Who do you know that has an old "tube" TV theses days anyway?  With all the LCD TVs and monitors, shelving does not have to be very deep at all.  Where you are going to put that clunky old looking box?  It doesn't really look like you can set it on end like the 360.

I do actually. Why change something that works perfectly well? It does 720p and 1080i just fine via component. Of course 1080p would be better, but we don't have any 1080p content.

Blu-ray movies are expensive compared to TV, and on a 27inch TV you won't see much of a difference, especially that we don't have a digital connection such as HDMI.

And we can't afford digital TV. Analogue TV for us all the way. Beside, analogue TV doesn't take 6 years to change the channel, and have the box confused when you go too fast.

Also,

Xbox One will look a lot more sleek sitting on top of/below my receiver than any other console I own.  It will actually "fit together" with my other home theatre pieces, something that the curves of the 360 and ps3 did not allow them to do.

I do actually. Why change something that works perfectly well? It does 720p and 1080i just fine via component. Of course 1080p would be better, but we don't have any 1080p content.

Blu-ray movies are expensive compared to TV, and on a 27inch TV you won't see much of a difference, especially that we don't have a digital connection such as HDMI.

And we can't afford digital TV. Analogue TV for us all the way. Beside, analogue TV doesn't take 6 years to change the channel, and have the box confused when you go too fast.

In the US the government made all TV carriers go to digital unless you are still use an antennae.

Sure there are a few old TVs out there and that is great but my point was that they don't really make new ones.  Once those are gone then an era will have passed.   You won't be able to sit that box on your 1 inch thick LED TV. :)

To your point about "why change something that works?"  I agree.  That is my point too.  The old, sleek Xbox worked fine.  Why try to make it into a TV component instead of a gaming console? :)

Computer enthusiast, Network Consultant - 16+ years experience - Associates Degree in Electronics - 1996 - CompTIA A+ certification - 2000 - Bachelor's Degree of Information Technology - 2010

No. I have the U.S channels here in analogue.

They removed analogue antenna signal. Now if you have an antenna, you need to get a digital receiver for your TV.

Most, if not not all LCD TV's of today, have the digital receiver inside them, in the case you decide to use an antenna. It's called DTV or Digital TV.

No. I have the U.S channels here in analogue.

They removed analogue antenna signal. Now if you have an antenna, you need to get a digital receiver for your TV.

Most, if not not all LCD TV's of today, have the digital receiver inside them, in the case you decide to use an antenna. It's called DTV or Digital TV.

I was just curious so I looked it up.  But to your point this says all "full power" stations.  Meaning that some smaller, independent stations may still broadcast in analogue but I would wonder how that reaches very far out of the country, even into Canada (not sure where you are at I just assumed).

It sounds like the receiver receives a digital signal hence the term digital receiver and then converts it to analogue for older TVs. 

Federal Communications Commission (FCC) - Since June 12, 2009, full-power television stations nationwide have been broadcasting exclusively in a digital format. If you're still using an analog TV set, you have to connect it to a digital-to-analog converter box to watch digital programming. If you have not yet done so, you can still make the switch now:

Note this link is to a US Government site not a blog or personal opinion site - http://www.dtv.gov/

Yup confirmed with my provider.

They are converting the signal. The analogue TV plan is no longer available. So guess they are transiting. I'll guess soon, I'll get a letter saying that I need to switch to digital.

They have non-HD (meaning: SD) boxes for Standard Definition TVs, using S-Video or Composite.

Thought I'd gauge your thoughts, does the lack of diversity have any affect on female gamers here? 

Does it make you less enthused as a gamer?

How much of an issue do females have with the lack of character options for girls to be modeled in game, whether customization, personal profile avatars and anything generally sticking with male demographics.

I'm sure if I was a female gamer I'd be pretty disappointed with the options...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

God dammit just like the ps4, I'm going see all these stupid video suggestions for "how to build an xbox one" NO. ITS NOT THE SAME!

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

God dammit just like the ps4, I'm going see all these stupid video suggestions for "how to build an xbox one" NO. ITS NOT THE SAME!

Yeah. You might be able to get a similar build, but not going to be the same.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

How to build an XBox One...

1- Get a PS4. Same system internal.

How to Build a PS4:

2- See our video on how to build a PS4

Jokes aside, yes, I agree with you. It's not the same thing at all. And you'll end up paying more.. as the console is sold as a lost.

I'm not quite sure eight cores is enough to handle an HDMI pass-through. We'll see :P

Click clack click clack