New xbox revealed, glorified DVR.

As the new Xbox is dubbed the 'one' by Microsoft's team of talented naming individuals, likely hosted by a monkey as staff head. Combining the great interactive tv watching experience! A groundbreaking 15 exclusive titles and a whole load more!

System specs include.

• 8 core CPU
  • 8GB ram
  • 500GB hdd
  • blu-ray
  • 802.11n wireless built in!
  • hdmi
  • USB 3.0

263216_10151622488916023_213796960_n.jpg

With the Halo TV show, it's undoubtedly clear that Microsoft is trying to appeal to the more casual gamer, who likes to watch console games on tv. You never know! It might turn out just as good as Machinima's short film of Halo.

The front is nearly without embellishment; even the optical disc drive slot blends into the frontpiece of the box. On the whole, it looks more like a TiVo than any gaming console I’ve ever known.

Has Microsoft had it's head in the sand the past few years, technical attributes aside it's the worst designed piece of tech since the Betamax Video Recorder, everything, phones, tablets, netbooks, laptops, TV's, are all getting slimmer, carbon fibre, aluminium, I simply cannot believe they expect us to be proud to have a black brick on our entertainment stand, I'm gutted, here's hoping that Sony have spent more than a dollar / pound / euro / yen, on the design aspect of their console.

With the new generation of consoles just around the corner, and the new aesthetics of the XBOX one, the world's gaming eyes turn once again towards Sony, to provide a glimpse at their console.

Sources :

Quote one : http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one/
Quote two : http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/xbox-one-vs-sony-ps4

Xbox One games will require a one-time activation code to use, but you'll still be able to trade and sell them online

The Xbox One doesn't have to be online all the time, but it does have to be online. Not just once in a while—once a day, according to Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison.

After a Microsoft-hosted London event around the Xbox One reveal, Xbox's UK marketing director Harvey Eagle has said that the console will not function without Kinect connected

Xbox One's Live TV service will only be available in the United States at launch, with Microsoft 'anticipating global scale over time,' according to an official press release.

More sources :
http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825
http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-will-not-function-without-kinect-attached
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-live-tv-only-available-in-the-us-at-launch?+main+twitter

Thanks to user/gjrud for the links!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

The all new Xbox DVR, with all COD expansions launching first for the Xbox DVR. This DVR will revolutionize the DVR industry! 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

So, after the stream was over, what I got out of this is:

This thing looks like a DVR

The controller looks like an Xbox controller and PS3 controller that had sex and made a mutant baby

Kinect got fat

Halo will make a series that no one cares about

Activision is trying to hard with COD 

And speaking of the new COD, let me just say, BFBC2, Far Cry 2, Crysis 1/2, you're a bit slow Activision.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I must admit I do like the design, but after selling my Xbox and not missing it. I'm sticking with the beast that is my PC! 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

I must admit I do like the design, but after selling my Xbox and not missing it. I'm sticking with the beast that is my PC! 

Yeah, i don't like the new looks overall, looks too... Well, too much like a DVR

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

I kinda like this design, will looks great on any living room, I think they are targeting that! 

(hoping it had good cooling bents in the back)

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

Aaaand Sony stock just skyrocketed..... http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=SNE

hahahaha xD

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Lol thats hilarious Chris.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Aaaand Sony stock just skyrocketed..... http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=SNE

hahahaha xD

That is glorious. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

so games dont run off disc.. they all run off the cloud? /sigh

i  take that back... there is no cloud based gaming going here with the Xbox One.

end of this article : http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4350662/new-xbox-has-no-backwards-compatibilty?utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=bufferb7ba9

i wonder what they are doing with their 300,000 world wide servers?

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I wonder if the controller still takes AA batteries?

xbox-1-control-02.jpg

It looks like a square PS3.

Tbh. I think the PS4 presentation was a little better, even though they didn't show as much. Or atleast they didn't show the console, but the stuff they did show was better imo. However I didn't watch the Xbox presentation from the start. And since to me, the software / multiplayer side of the xbox 360 is better than what the ps3 offers.

I wonder if the controller still takes AA batteries?

Charging AA's i'd suspect. Or a battery pack like the old 'plug and play' thing they tried so hard with on the 360.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ridiculous name, ridiculous design, some cool features ( many which are completely unnecessary, but cool nonetheless) and the "new" CoD is MW4. Cool. 

Ridiculous name, ridiculous design, some cool features ( many which are completely unnecessary, but cool nonetheless) and the "new" CoD is MW4. Cool. 

BUT DOGS! DAVE, YOU NEED TO REMEMBER THE DOGS!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Meh. Im not a console gamer but tbh its not "bad" as such. Just doesnt seem as good as the ps4. I will wait untill we know more before making my final judgement tho. 

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

They tried... :P

The One honestly has a lot of design cues from the 360 S, but it's soooo boxy. Makes it look HUGE.

They tried... :P

The One honestly has a lot of design cues from the 360 S, but it's soooo boxy. Makes it look HUGE.

"the new xbox! Now bigger than your tv!"

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

"the new xbox! Now bigger than your tv!"

At the same time though, if you look at the size of the disc slot and compare it to the rest of the console, it probably isn't actually as big as it looks.

mayne that controller looks awesome

At the same time though, if you look at the size of the disc slot and compare it to the rest of the console, it probably isn't actually as big as it looks.

Yeah, although, wouldn't it be nice if it sat perfectly under your tv?! Oh, wait. you'd cover over the exhaust ports.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah, although, wouldn't it be nice if it sat perfectly under your tv?! Oh, wait. you'd cover over the exhaust ports.

Hmmm not sure if I want to put a TV on top of my console anyway. The current 360 S has vents on that side too. :P

Hmmm not sure if I want to put a TV on top of my console anyway. The current 360 S has vents on that side too. :P

Yeah, but it wasn't exactly a tv-on-top console, but that looks perfect for it really

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler