GPU fan header came out

Sharif
Go to solution Solved by iNarcissist,

well, if theres only 2 pins same thing applies, use a soldering iron and just solder the 2 wires on to the contactpoints, shouldnt be too hard? as long as you have a soldering iron that is :P

i was getting the gpu ready for baking and i pulled the fan socket + the fan header off!!

somebody please help me!!

how can i put it back? 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

i was getting the gpu ready for baking and i pulled the fan socket + the fan header off!!

how can i put it back? 

Wat.

Can you try to solder it back on?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

how can i put it back? 

Baking? Like, you were going to make a dessert?

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

You meant the power connector for the fan right? Easiest and least risky is to take the coolor off, plug it back in and put the cooler back on. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

maybe like a tiramisu? i LOVE tiramisu :)

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

how can i put it back? 

What do you mean by the fan header? If you mean you pulled the white plastic piece off of the pins, then you can just push it back on.

"Rawr XD"

What do you mean by the fan header? If you mean you pulled the white plastic piece off of the pins, then you can just push it back on.

the wires got riped off

like with you cut it

i was moving it around too much  :unsure:

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

i am too  worried for humour :(  

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

i am too  worried for humour :(  

GTFO you troll.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

post a picture of the header

i forced the header back through the hole but i had to remove the broken 1s on the header

i then put them in the fan header

so that when i connect them back they touch 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Wat.

Can you try to solder it back on?

You meant the power connector for the fan right? Easiest and least risky is to take the coolor off, plug it back in and put the cooler back on. 

post-28149-0-70034900-1405723616.jpg@iNarcissist

can you tell me how can i test it,without putting it in the motherbourd? (so that it doesn't over heat = fire)

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

okay, so from what i understand there should be 3 contact points under the header, try soldering the wires on to the contact points, other than that i dont know what u can do...

attachicon.gif14-131-148-07.jpg@iNarcissist

can you tell me how can i test it,without putting it in the motherbourd? (so that it doesn't over heat = fire)

Can you take a picture of the actual damage done to the card? Then we'll have a better idea of what's going on

"Rawr XD"

okay, so from what i understand there should be 3 contact points under the header, try soldering the wires on to the contact points, other than that i dont know what u can do...

there is only 2 points ( i mean originally only 2 )

but its a 3 pin header with only 2 pins 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

attachicon.gif14-131-148-07.jpg@iNarcissist

Can you just take a picture

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Can you take a picture of the actual damage done to the card? Then we'll have a better idea of what's going on

Can you just take a picture

i have the header put inside those two pins i was talking about and took the broken pins and put them in the fans wire header 

and i put it in the oven after that,i can't take picture because i need to test if my experiment worked 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

well, if theres only 2 pins same thing applies, use a soldering iron and just solder the 2 wires on to the contactpoints, shouldnt be too hard? as long as you have a soldering iron that is :P

but i don't have the solder...... 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

solder costs like 1$ a soldering iron though costs alot more :P so i hope its the solder you dont have.

solder costs like 1$ a soldering iron though costs alot more :P so i hope its the solder you dont have.

solder is around 4.5$ (converted)

thanks i have to go buy that and also learn how to use it

thanks

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Good luck, if you encounter any further problems dont be shy to ask :D

Dude thanks!!!! a lot

with out your post,(when you talked about solder)

i never would have known what to do.i was thinking a lot and finally,know what to do 

basically i have to remove the previous solder and wires and add new ones but the problem is i have no (zero)experience to how to use solder  and how to remove,

so i was thinking and thinking,i finally got it,there is this tv repair store nearby

he can do it for me  :D

thanks i really appreciate it,without your post i would have never thought about this and i would have given up  :D

thanks and now to take it to him

but the odd thing is everytime i touched the GPU my hands were shaking......and i would have gotten depressed as its my fault,if i have been patient this wouldn't have happen

anyway thanks  :)

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

Happened to me once. No big deal, attach fan to a fan controller, or the PSU, or even the motherboard, if you want to control it through software.

I really don't recommend taking the card to a repairs shop, unless you don't have to pay for the repair. Because baked (reflown) cards work only for a short while. It's very common for them to die again after a week/month. You don't want to invest money into a part that's going to die soon, or do you?

how can i put it back? 

yup some solder should sort that our, so you pulled it of the PCB??

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}