The Elder Scrolls Online

Horrorfull
The Elder Scrolls Online is currently ON Steam and 50% off. I have played the game and have achieved the rank of Veteran 5. The game is worth the initial payment of only $29.99 but I just couldn't bring myself to pay $15 a month.

In my honest opinion, if you are a hardcore Elder Scrolls fanatic I would stay away. Otherwise this game is actually a very good MMO with an amazing voice cast and stellar customization options. 

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I think I will wait until it becomes f2p

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I think I will wait until it becomes f2p

I'm still waiting on that. 

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

This game had so much potential....

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Played in the beta, at first it was fun, but then the game just started to suck...

the whole mmo aspect of it needs re-worked as it is very very easy to get separated from your friends by doing a single quest.

I would have liked to see something similar to skyrim with single and multiplayer support instead of how they made ESO.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I am enjoying it,  The only issue I have is that some of the quests they have put in to pad it out are boring, like the ones where you don't actually do anything other than talk to one person after another until the quest is finished.  Outside of that game play is awesome, graphics are good and it doesn't need a hi end pc to enjoy (although some of the effects and graphics settings are significantly better with a decent pc). I have yet to find anyone who can give me a legitimate reason why it sucks other than they are bored with the whole mmo thing.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I am enjoying it,  The only issue I have is that some of the quests they have put in to pad it out are boring, like the ones where you don't actually do anything other than talk to one person after another until the quest is finished.  Outside of that game play is awesome, graphics are good and it doesn't need a hi end pc to enjoy (although some of the effects and graphics settings are significantly better with a decent pc). I have yet to find anyone who can give me a legitimate reason why it sucks other than they are bored with the whole mmo thing.  

I can find a few flaws with this game but to some these complaints come from the standpoint of an "experienced" and "hardcore" fan of the Elder Scrolls series.

1)This is marketed as an open world adventure. Now this game is open and vast but on the scope of the original games, it doesn't even compare. All I see are barriers where I can't go. I played in all three faction zones and the path from start to finish is narrow and it guides you along, holding your hand the entire time. If you venture too far you will get your butt destroyed. 

2)The quests are boring as sin. Some are pretty well hidden through story telling yet it;s the basic, do this do that, bring it back, talk to me kind of quests.

3) The QUESTS ARE ALL MARKED. It feels like questing is an obligation in this game. Past games I felt like, eh that quest is stupid no need to do it, but no. In this game if you skip one story arc you will be behind in the next zones. In the past games such as Skyrim or Oblivion, doing quests was your choice, doing it whenever or wherever was YOUR choice.

Now I know you guys will probably say "wow that's nitpicking or whatever" but they marketed as the NEXT, CANON, ELDER SCROLLS GAME. If they are going to market it as a direct prequel or sequal (since the game takes place in the 2nd era and Skyrim is in the 4th era) I will hold this game to the standards of the past. 

This game is made by a different studio and is a different genre but i'll still stick to my standards if they market it as such.

Plus stupid annoying bugged quests in every faction.

I am looking at this game through a "Veteran" player of the series. To others new to the series they will see it as a good game. If this WASN'T an Elder Scrolls game I would say, "Hey this is a great MMO!" but no sorry don't call yourself an Elder Scrolls Game.

I can find a few flaws with this game but to some these complaints come from the standpoint of an "experienced" and "hardcore" fan of the Elder Scrolls series.

1)This is marketed as an open world adventure. Now this game is open and vast but on the scope of the original games, it doesn't even compare. All I see are barriers where I can't go. I played in all three faction zones and the path from start to finish is narrow and it guides you along, holding your hand the entire time. If you venture too far you will get your butt destroyed. 

2)The quests are boring as sin. Some are pretty well hidden through story telling yet it;s the basic, do this do that, bring it back, talk to me kind of quests.

3) The QUESTS ARE ALL MARKED. It feels like questing is an obligation in this game. Past games I felt like, eh that quest is stupid no need to do it, but no. In this game if you skip one story arc you will be behind in the next zones. In the past games such as Skyrim or Oblivion, doing quests was your choice, doing it whenever or wherever was YOUR choice.

Now I know you guys will probably say "wow that's nitpicking or whatever" but they marketed as the NEXT, CANON, ELDER SCROLLS GAME. If they are going to market it as a direct prequel or sequal (since the game takes place in the 2nd era and Skyrim is in the 4th era) I will hold this game to the standards of the past. 

This game is made by a different studio and is a different genre but i'll still stick to my standards if they market it as such.

Plus stupid annoying bugged quests in every faction.

I am looking at this game through a "Veteran" player of the series. To others new to the series they will see it as a good game. If this WASN'T an Elder Scrolls game I would say, "Hey this is a great MMO!" but no sorry don't call yourself an Elder Scrolls Game.

I don't think you're nit picking,  I have experienced the invisible barriers,  but I am not too sure if there are too many other ways to to make it work as an MMO.  I do note that there are ways to play the game that do not fall into the usual cookie cutter MMO and are deviating away from the usual tank, DPS and healer arrangement with many people are having trouble getting their head around a healer do serious DPS. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Should've had a Guild Wars 2 style of purchase, buy once, own the game forever.

Subscription based games are irrelevant now, because it just doesn't work any longer, nobody wants to pay to play a game for a month. WoW can get away with it because it's THE mmo that started it all and was released when subscriptions were acceptable. The only styles of purchase that are acceptable anymore are f2p and a straight up purchase.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Should've had a Guild Wars 2 style of purchase, buy once, own the game forever.

Subscription based games are irrelevant now, because it just doesn't work any longer, nobody wants to pay to play a game for a month. WoW can get away with it because it's THE mmo that started it all and was released when subscriptions were acceptable. The only styles of purchase that are acceptable anymore are f2p and a straight up purchase.

I dunno, I am happy and it appears there are another million at least who share my enthusiasm.    F2P is good for trialling a game, but in the end they tend cost significantly more to get any half decent content out of them.

I dunno, I am happy and it appears there are another million at least who share my enthusiasm.    F2P is good for trialling a game, but in the end they tend cost significantly more to get any half decent content out of them.

Yeah, if the company does F2P horribly. There are plenty of F2P games out there that provide the entire contents of a game without even spending 1 cent. MMORPG's are the easiest to make a good f2p model because you can charge for XP/Gold boosts, cosmetic items and remodeled/reskinned mounts, they tend to be the main purchased items in F2P games anyway.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

I played the beta and I would have to say that the leveling system is my favorite part. Much like the others here however I am not willing to pay a monthly subscription.