EVGA Precision X 15 launches with 64bit in game OSD support

Askew

Source

I've been waiting for this for a while, a brand new overhaul of EVGA's excellent Precision X utility just launched, if you're an Nvidia user I recommend you update! (Works for all Nvidia vendors' cards not just EVGA, writing this just in case not everyone knows)

RivaTuner Statistics Server seems to be absent from this release, it looks like EVGA has developed their own 64 bit monitoring solution which may or may not be based on RivaTuner.

Click the image to travel to the download page or click here for a direct download

75a66b64724ef8d7e0a1b61e60b50f7b.png

f364c129c75b0abfc653b40966d24ac8.png988027492326a7455628e30a9c2a5bb4.png

Key Features

•     GPU, Memory and Voltage Control
  •     Power Target Control
  •     Pixel Clock Overclocking – OC your refresh rate!
  •     Integrated Steam Achievements (Steam Version)
  •     Frame Rate Target Control
  •     Custom Fan Control/Fan Curve
  •     Profiling system allowing up to 10 profiles with hotkey
  •     Robust monitoring including ingame OSD with 64 and 32bit support
  •     In game screenshot hotkey supports BMP and JPG formats
  •     Support for wireless Bluetooth overclocking via custom Android app

1 GHz is max? Man EVGA, yo cards suck if that's their max! :P

ha! :lol:

Not to mention, it's also on Steam with extremely poor integration. When I used it, I liked to leave it running always; can't do that with the Steam version.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Looks cool. Would I be able to OC my 770 past the limits of GPUTweak from ASUS?

I have it at 1260MHz (max) and the max voltage slider all the way up.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Looks cool. Would I be able to OC my 770 past the limits of GPUTweak from ASUS?

I have it at 1260MHz (max) and the max voltage slider all the way up.

Unlikely because it's bound by the BIOS voltage limit of your card but you can try it for good measure.

Unlikely because it's bound by the BIOS voltage limit of your card but you can try it for good measure.

Yeah I would need a custom bios to increase the voltage further, but what about the clock speed? I don't think nvidia limits that too...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah I would need a custom bios to increase the voltage further, but what about the clock speed? I don't think nvidia limits that too...

No they don't AFAIK but the clock speed that you can effectively use and be stable at is ultimately dictated by voltage/temperature.

No they don't AFAIK but the clock speed that you can effectively use and be stable at is ultimately dictated by voltage/temperature.

K I will try it to see if I can get past 1260MHz (darn sliders that don't go further!) thanks

Spoiler

K I will try it to see if I can get past 1260MHz (darn sliders that don't go further!) thanks

If you're water cooling (which I assume you are if you're at 1.26GHz), then you should use MSI Afterburner. You can unlock the voltage control to add up to an extra 100mV, and the core clock slider goes further

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

If you're water cooling (which I assume you are if you're at 1.26GHz), then you should use MSI Afterburner. You can unlock the voltage control to add up to an extra 100mV, and the core clock slider goes further

You don't need watercooling to run a 770 at 1.2ghz, and you can also open a tab in Precision X to alter voltage as far as the BIOS of the card will allow.

how is the overclocking refresh rate works? can anyone explain? did anyone try? im at work right now so i cant try

If you're water cooling (which I assume you are if you're at 1.26GHz),

nein, it's like said above.

I've been to 1320 on air with tolerable temps, these cards aren't really limited by temperature anymore (aftermarket cards)

Error: 410

This is great and all however is there a way to get the GPU temp back into the system tray like it used to be. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Playclaw 5 is an amazing OSD that displays so much more than just your framerate and graphics card parameters.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

This is great and all however is there a way to get the GPU temp back into the system tray like it used to be. 

That's really weird, I mean they're all based on rivatuner, and rivatuner has options to monitor in tray.

If you really want it in tray you could switch to Afterburner or use HWinfo.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

MSI afterburner had this for a loong while,since rivatunerstatistics server added support for 64 bit.

Slow evga.. but better late than never i guess.

I still like msi afterburner more has more options idk,use whatever they both work the same.

ALSO screw EVGA i dont want to register to download period.

LOL @ Evga you cant even register they want exact phone numbers and US adress cause hell theres only USA on this planet rofl.Idiots...ill stick to afterburner cant find external links.

Edited by deviant88

MSI afterburner had this for a loong while,since rivatunerstatistics server added support for 64 bit.

Slow evga.. but better late than never i guess.

I still like msi afterburner more has more options idk,use whatever they both work the same.

ALSO screw EVGA i dont want to register to download period.

LOL @ Evga you cant even register they want exact phone numbers and US adress cause hell theres only USA on this planet rofl.Idiots...ill stick to afterburner cant find external links.

eu.evga allows others, the US site only allows US.

Anyway here's a direct I just created, I'll also add it to OP.

That's really weird, I mean they're all based on rivatuner, and rivatuner has options to monitor in tray.

If you really want it in tray you could switch to Afterburner or use HWinfo.

It's not using RivaTuner anymore. It's using EVGA Precision Server 15. I guess because RivaTuner didn't want to give EVGA 64-bit so EVGA made their own software instead.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It's not using RivaTuner anymore. It's using EVGA Precision Server 15. I guess because RivaTuner didn't want to give EVGA 64-bit so EVGA made their own software instead.

Yeah I noticed the lack of RivaTuner Statistics Server in my systray after installing PE15 this morning, maybe this explains the delay in Precision X getting 64bit OSD support when others have had it for some time now.

What also happens is that if you close Steam, it also closes Precision X 15.

Meh, I prefer MSI Afterburner, which is a bit funny considering I actually have an Evga graphics card. My only complaint is the lack of 64-bit game FPS monitoring, does anyone know if precision supports it? 

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Meh, I prefer MSI Afterburner, which is a bit funny considering I actually have an Evga graphics card. My only complaint is the lack of 64-bit game FPS monitoring, does anyone know if precision supports it? 

Yes, as of this update it does that's why I posted this.

Someone earlier in the thread said Afterburner has this already? Are you running the latest version of Afterburner?

Nope, complete air cooling with the DCUII cooler :D

It's wonderful, and stays quiet and cool under load.

Spoiler