EVGA Precision X 15 launches with 64bit in game OSD support

Askew

Yeah I noticed the lack of RivaTuner Statistics Server in my systray after installing PE15 this morning, maybe this explains the delay in Precision X getting 64bit OSD support when others have had it for some time now.

What also happens is that if you close Steam, it also closes Precision X 15.

It wasn't EVGA's fault that they couldn't bring out a 64-bit version. RivaTuner was in a deal with MSI I believe so it would take EVGA a month or so to bring it out. It would have been just after summer. So EVGA just made their own. I think it is still based off RivaTuner which explains the similarities but is very barebones (there is no GUI for the server yet).

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It wasn't EVGA's fault that they couldn't bring out a 64-bit version. RivaTuner was in a deal with MSI I believe so it would take EVGA a month or so to bring it out. It would have been just after summer. So EVGA just made their own. I think it is still based off RivaTuner which explains the similarities but is very barebones (there is no GUI for the server yet).

Interesting, I've added this speculation to OP.

Perhaps a minor update will be incoming soon then to fill it out, I think they wanted to lauch it now as they are currently celebrating their 15 anniversary and doing an event etc.

Yes, as of this update it does that's why I posted this.

Someone earlier in the thread said Afterburner has this already? Are you running the latest version of Afterburner?

I just checked and it would appear quite a few updates have come out in the past 6 months. I have v2.3.1 and the current version is v3.0.1, so I guess I'm pretty outdated.  :D

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

I just checked and it would appear quite a few updates have come out in the past 6 months. I have v2.3.1 and the current version is v3.0.1, so I guess I'm pretty outdated.  :D

Yeah I was a version or two behind, I held off updating until I knew 64bit OSD was included in a version because that's what I wanted that the version I was on lacked.

Interesting, I've added this speculation to OP.

Perhaps a minor update will be incoming soon then to fill it out, I think they wanted to lauch it now as they are currently celebrating their 15 anniversary and doing an event etc.

Most likely. I actually really like EVGA Precision. It was and still is a very nice program. It would be nice to get a Linux version however. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Awesome, looks like the guy who makes RivaTuner decided to stop being a dick. He previously updated the MSI Afterburner version to support 64-bit games, and publicly said he was refusing to do the same for the EVGA Precision version until December 2014. The program is 100% the same, just the name on the skin is different, so there was no technical reason for the delay. He was ridiculed pretty hardcore on the EVGA forums for favoring MSI, and it looks like it worked.

Edit:

Just installed.....there's no option to monitor information via the system tray any more. There is also no separate RivaTuner install, so EVGA may have just bypassed the asshole who was refusing to update it. There are also no options to change the OSD position, font or color. Lazy EVGA.....

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Awesome, looks like the guy who makes RivaTuner decided to stop being a dick. He previously updated the MSI Afterburner version to support 64-bit games, and publicly said he was refusing to do the same for the EVGA Precision version until December 2014. The program is 100% the same, just the name on the skin is different, so there was no technical reason for the delay. He was ridiculed pretty hardcore on the EVGA forums for favoring MSI, and it looks like it worked.

Edit:

Just installed.....there's no option to monitor information via the system tray any more. There is also no separate RivaTuner install, so EVGA may have just bypassed the asshole who was refusing to update it. There are also no options to change the OSD position, font or color. Lazy EVGA.....

Actually he was still refusing so EVGA decided to do this themselves. Now Guru3D and Unwinder are accusing them of copying stuff around despite PX having being there first  :rolleyes:

Ya, the thing is still buggy and missing on some features. Treat it as a beta release at best.

Actually he was still refusing so EVGA decided to do this themselves. Now Guru3D and Unwinder are accusing them of copying stuff around despite PX having being there first  :rolleyes:

Ya, the thing is still buggy and missing on some features. Treat it as a beta release at best.

Just annoyed at the situation is all. I've been using Precision for a long time, so the fight over 64-bit support has been bothering me for a while. I hold EVGA to a very high standard, so them releasing this and acting as if it's complete and perfect just rubs me the wrong way. Had they taken the time to call it a Beta that would have been fine, but I installed it thinking it at least offered the same functionality as the previous version, not less. And yeah, Guru and Unwinder can got F themselves. The guy who has been updating RivaTuner is not it's creator, so he can't claim any ownership over anything. It was an opensource project that the original creator abandoned.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

Just annoyed at the situation is all. I've been using Precision for a long time, so the fight over 64-bit support has been bothering me for a while. I hold EVGA to a very high standard, so them releasing this and acting as if it's complete and perfect just rubs me the wrong way. Had they taken the time to call it a Beta that would have been fine, but I installed it thinking it at least offered the same functionality as the previous version, not less. And yeah, Guru and Unwinder can got F themselves. The guy who has been updating RivaTuner is not it's creator, so he can't claim any ownership over anything. It was an opensource project that the original creator abandoned.

Completely agreed with everything 

Is there a way to turn off the OSD? Or is it on all the time?

I see On-Screen Display status: ON but no option to turn it off,

I believe MSI paid him to release the update for afterburner, and not for precision. Some serious shit is going down at ocn, because unwinder is saying evga stole his program.

I am pretty disappointed. I didn't notice the above comment at losing the ability to monitor in the system tray.

And it's bound to steam now? When I close Steam I can't use PrecisionX?

Unless I'm missing something, this is kinda crap. Uninstalling.

This app caused me many problems. It crashed my PC constantly and put it into an infinite loop of reboots due to a startup error when having it start with windows. I had to completely reinstall my card.

I tried this twice and it happened both times. I went to after burner after this and man it is soooo much better than precision 4.2.1 and this new version. Disappointing eVGA.....

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Is there a way to turn off the OSD? Or is it on all the time?

I see On-Screen Display status: ON but no option to turn it off,

Yes, under the tab labeled "OSD" you can set hotkeys to disable or enable the on screen display.

I believe MSI paid him to release the update for afterburner, and not for precision. Some serious shit is going down at ocn, because unwinder is saying evga stole his program.

Correct, Unwinder took money from MSI, refuses to admit he took money from them, and has left everyone else twisting in the wind. He even finally released post version 6.0, the version that MSI Afterburner beta comes with, as a 100% standalone, but it still lacks the 64-bit support that the MSI Afterburner beta version offers. Version 6.0 is when 64-bit support was added, but he specifically removed it from the stand alone version. I don't feel like digging it up, but he responded directly on the EVGA forums to all the complaints about the lack of 64-bit support and said he was refusing to added it to the EVGA Precision version until December 2014.

So EVGA took it upon themselves to include it, but seriously fucked things up. There is no reason why this Precision X version 15 should have ever been released. It offers none of the functionality of RivaTuner, looks like complete shit and is full of bugs. It tries to run the overlay when using thing like Google Maps or watching videos via iTunes, causing iTunes to crash. They offer it as a stand alone download and as a STEAM download, but with both versions if you close STEAM it forcibly closes Precision also.

EVGA didn't steal anything as it's their own statistics server that is causing all the issues. If they had stolen anything it would actually work. The interface for changing things like the fan profile does NOT belong to RivaTuner. It belongs to EVGA and was actually stolen for MSI Afterburner which is a 100% ripoff of Precision.

Unwinder is so full of shit on so many levels that no one should be defending him. The official website for RivaTuner has not been updated since 2005, including his fake Copyright claim dated 1998-2005. No such Copyright actually exists. The website says the program is free for anyone to use, so long as they don't charge for it (commercial purposes). But then he lists that it can only be made available for download on guru3d.com and some Russian website. Yet his deal with MSI would violate that rule.

The minute he accepted money for an exclusive deal with MSI he lost all credibility. That deal is shady in more ways than one with the fact that only the most current beta version supports 64-bit and those beta versions automatically expire and stop working every couple of weeks. Forcing users to to a complete uninstall, a new full download and install for the latest version, instead of the program just updating itself. The standalone version 6.1.2 also lacks the CPU monitoring support that the MSI Afterburner version offers.

Well besides all that, I need to make this absolutely clear here: PX 15 is buggy! Auto fan profiles don't get applied on saved profiles and this is a very serious bug if you are not going to be monitoring temps often and are on the stock cooler. Please treat this as a beta release for now.

Also, some of the steam achievements are pretty dangerous to those who don't know what you are doing so please don't do anything you wouldn't normally do.

Well besides all that, I need to make this absolutely clear here: PX 15 is buggy! Auto fan profiles don't get applied on saved profiles and this is a very serious bug if you are not going to be monitoring temps often and are on the stock cooler. Please treat this as a beta release for now.

Also, some of the steam achievements are pretty dangerous to those who don't know what you are doing so please don't do anything you wouldn't normally do.

I have to say that after having spent 24 hours with this program I can see that there are lots of bugs, I also noticed the fan profile one and that's quite bad.

Probably going to remove it and install Afterburner until they fix the situation.

So, still not as good as Afterburner it seems?

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

That is definitely the consensus from this thread, seems to be due to some kind of argument over the statistics software.

That is definitely the consensus from this thread, seems to be due to some kind of argument over the statistics software.

Hmm, I'm not so fussed on the statistics software, but the bugs and such are what turns me off it. I also tried Precision when I first tried overclocking, not a very functional interface for me personally, I prefer Afterburners straight sliders and usability. 

So, if there's nothing new worth noting to actually help OC'ing, I guess it's not worth picking up again.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

The voltage controller is revamped allowing for higher max limits that the PCB allows to. For that alone, I would recommend going back once this is cleaned up. Also, no more separate RTSS installs. That thing hasn't been updated in close to 10 years!

The voltage controller is revamped allowing for higher max limits that the PCB allows to. For that alone, I would recommend going back once this is cleaned up. Also, no more separate RTSS installs. That thing hasn't been updated in close to 10 years!

The higher volts was definitely welcomed! The rest... not so much.... Will be waiting a few releases before I go back because my experience was bloody awful.

Afterburner 3.0 is pretty solid though. Even covers my CPU info. 

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

That's not a completely accurate statement. Up until now Precision was actually better than Afterburner in terms of quality. The skin for Afterburner looks like something from 1995. And the actual "release" versions of Afterburner offered no additional features that Precision didn't offer. It's only in the bullshit "beta" versions that have things like the 64-bit support. Unwinder does not even include the 64-bit support in the "official" standalone release of RivaTuner.

Yes this version of Precision is fucked up a thousand different ways, the previous version of Precision is still better than Afterburner.

That's not a completely accurate statement. Up until now Precision was actually better than Afterburner in terms of quality. The skin for Afterburner looks like something from 1995. And the actual "release" versions of Afterburner offered no additional features that Precision didn't offer. It's only in the bullshit "beta" versions that have things like the 64-bit support. Unwinder does not even include the 64-bit support in the "official" standalone release of RivaTuner.

Yes this version of Precision is fucked up a thousand different ways, the previous version of Precision is still better than Afterburner.

Just saying. 

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4875975&postcount=256

You, jmaster, are propagating so much BS ... that crazy !

Just saying. 

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4875975&postcount=256

You, jmaster, are propagating so much BS ... that crazy !

No, only Unwinder and the idiots who believe him are spreading bullshit. Precision has been around for year, and it's interface is 100% independent of Rivatuner. Never once in all these years did Unwinder complain that Precision was stealing his work. Yes EVGA included RivaTuner along with Precision, but they were still to separate programs. The RivaTuner Statistics Server, which is the only thing Unwinder is responsible for, is in no way used, included or stolen from for Precision X version 15 like Unwinder is claiming.

Even if it was true, which it's not, Unwinder lost all standing to complain about it when he took money from MSI and shut out updating all other versions of RivaTune, even the standalone version, with the same features he was giving MSI exclusive access to. It 100% goes against Unwinder's own claims on his own personal website as to the how RivaTuner is supposed to be used. In one sentence he says it's free for anyone to use, but then in the next sentence he puts all sorts of bullshit restrictions on it. Restrictions that the deal with MSI violates.

Nevermind, arguing with guy like you is just a waste of time.