Consoles "couldn't possibly handle" Star Citizen, developer says

I don't feel like their "PC Master Race", when It's TRUE FACT.

If they can't be better than the idiots on the internet, what do they expect their fanbases to behave like?

Everyone with half a brain knows PC > console for value sometimes. Generally a lot of the time. But consoles are not irrelevant. People have learned to coexist. 

Why descend to elitist crap to make the same point? Thats why some people look at PC gamers like we're a bunch of knobs. We whack off at all these irrelevant things and we sound like assholes bragging about having the shiny new toy. 

It's just more the way they say it, rather than whether it's fact or not. They talk very elitist-y

I would too however, seeing how the industry has been focused the last 10 years.

Since the X360/PS3 cane about there have been some really bad decisions made by devs.

PS2/PSX/N64/Gamecube - Since these machines were outdated, it all went downhill.

Yet.... PC is STILL where its always been.

Maybe I'm just an old fogie, stuck in my ways too :)

VictoriousSecret, get your panties out of their twist. My TRUE FACT comment wasnt meant to stir people, yet people still get twisted.

*No kidding their Value consoles.... for ease of use and finances... that's not the point either. Hence I didn't bring it up.

I said because the CONSOLES CANNOT PLAY IT SMOOTHLY, then it would appear its not because their PC Mustard Race types, but just plain old FACTUAL evidence that "It Won't/Can't Happen" and MOVE ON. They TRIED, It Failed, Move onto a more powerful platform...

I'm not bagging consoles, they have their uses too.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Mmm I love seeing devs do this. 

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

so console will getting 762p solid 30fps ? 

CPU: Intel i5-4670K CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1 Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB Storage:  Samsung 850 evo 250GB ,1TB WD BLUE, Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair AX760 Full Modular Monitor: Dell 23" S2340L IPS Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Mouse: Logitech G502(w/ Mi Metal Mousepad) Headphone: Audio Technica ATH-M50/MSR-7 Speaker: Edifier Studio 7 R2730DB

It's unfortunate that the game's graphics can't be lowered to the point of playability for the older PCs that people still do have today and that unfortunately not every can afford or can be bothered to replace. The no compromise approach may end up being good but yeah...

Regardless, as Emperor of the Terran Dominion, I must declare: We. Have. Won.

It's unfortunate that the game's graphics can't be lowered to the point of playability for the older PCs that people still do have today and that unfortunately not every can afford or can be bothered to replace. The no compromise approach may end up being good but yeah...

That's not "unfortunate" that's just the way it should work: nobody has ever said a PC will remain a strong performer forever, in fact most PC gamers hate the term "future proof" and other nonsense like that. I know I much rather have games I can't play right now and while at the end of my rig's lifetime vs having a competent rig for 8 years but games that look about the same as they did 8 years ago which was honestly, quite crappy.

-------

Current Rig

-------

That's not "unfortunate" that's just the way it should work: nobody has ever said a PC will remain a strong performer forever, in fact most PC gamers hate the term "future proof" and other nonsense like that. I know I much rather have games I can't play right now and while at the end of my rig's lifetime vs having a competent rig for 8 years but games that look about the same as they did 8 years ago which was honestly, quite crappy.

I think an ok compromise would be an "uber low" setting, but it would make everything look terrible, like Runescape or something.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

It's unfortunate nonetheless. I don't think we're owed games that run on pentium 3's, I'm just saying that graphics that scale and allow a wider audience are good. I always have an up to date PC myself, never extreme but always pretty good so it doesn't concern me personally, but at the same time the PC elitists are sometimes really annoying :P

If it "melts" GTX 590, jebus kraiztus... Imagine my upcoming GTX 750... Though the Maxwell's are more fresh than Fermi's...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Considering modern-day consoles have the equivalent of a GTX 480 (roughly)... I can believe this.

Apparently it was melting GTX 590's.

holy sheet when you say melting do you mean the card was actually melting or it was running at 1000°C?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Yes but as I've said before, the goal is not ultimate performance with consoles or they would cost a lot more. The goal is to have a stable platform that is easy to use and that will be stable for a long time so developers can optimize games for it.

One of the reasons PC gaming enthusiasts mess around with console players is because some console players made the awful decision to say that the console was better than the PC in performance.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

But here's where we get back to the economies of scale. I also don't believe they could have sold the last gen at a loss, but that's another question.

It's actually very common to sell early hardware at a loss, and it's not limited to the console industry. The Wii-U was sold at a loss, and that was one of the major reasons why people were saying Nintendo was doomed with in the first couple of months of it's release. If it's not an instant success it's considered a failure. The Kindle was originally sold at a loss, now it's their Kindle Fire line that's being sold at a loss. Amazon is banking on your secondary purchases to make it profitable, especially people who sign up for their Prime service for the video streaming and library of free e-books.

Hardware manufactures sell at a loss early because eventually the manufacturing process becomes less expensive. That's one of the reasons why the last console generation lasted almost a decade, Sony and Microsoft needed several years of selling their units for profit finally to make up for their early losses. Selling at a loss early also includes the money that went into developing the product in the first place. Hell, Microsoft spent over $100 million dollars just on design and research for the XBox One controller. They need to sell a LOT of XBox One's before they start turning a profit.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

One of the reasons PC gaming enthusiasts mess around with console players is because some console players made the awful decision to say that the console was better than the PC in performance.

Yes but sometimes it crosses the line into downright insulting. Heaven forbid someone say a console is more powerful than a PC, what a horrible sin. Can't you just ignore them and move on?

-snip-

Well, at a loss to R&D, sure, but he was saying they were selling it at a loss to BOM cost.

I'm not even sure Microsoft's made a profit off of Xbox yet, and neither is anyone else.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Yes but sometimes it crosses the line into downright insulting. Heaven forbid someone say a console is more powerful than a PC, what a horrible sin. Can't you just ignore them and move on?

Not really, it's so much fun  :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Not really, it's so much fun  :D

So what you're saying is that you're a sadist?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

So what you're saying is that you're a sadist?

Sure, and most of the forum would be as well. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

holy sheet when you say melting do you mean the card was actually melting or it was running at 1000°C?

I remember the VRM's were just going fucking crazy, forgot what else.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Sure, and most of the forum would be as well. 

That's sick.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

That's sick.

Why would I be causing pain anyway? 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Why would I be causing pain anyway? 

Because a lot of the things people say are actually offensive, calling console gamers stupid, poor etc.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Because a lot of the things people say are actually offensive, calling console gamers stupid, poor etc.

I might have called console players who think their systems that are better than PCs stupid but I would never jab at someone's economic state.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I might have called console players who think their systems that are better than PCs stupid but I would never jab at someone's economic state.

Well I have seen people do that and much worse. On this forum even.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Well I have seen people do that and much worse. On this forum even.

Yeah it's a shame really.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler