how much dpi should i use?

Arkosh

dpi on mouse. most game i use 760p resolution and i use 3200 dpi on mouse. you guys use mouse acceleration? what dpi guide for first person shooter? 

Im SORRY for:-1. My Broken English. 2. "if" posting wrong section. 3. "if" my replay hurt someone. 4. "if" posting already posted before

Because im new to active forum >.< (bow) please kindly guide me thanks

dpi on mouse. most game i use 760p resolution and i use 3200 dpi on mouse. you guys use mouse acceleration? what dpi guide for first person shooter? 

This is your choice. I find that 400 is adequate for CS:GO and older shooters, but your mileage may very if you prefer higher sensitivity.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

This is your choice. I find that 400 is adequate for CS:GO and older shooters, but your mileage may very if you prefer higher sensitivity.

if low sensitivity, it is hard to fully turn 360?

Im SORRY for:-1. My Broken English. 2. "if" posting wrong section. 3. "if" my replay hurt someone. 4. "if" posting already posted before

Its a matter of personal preference.

I use low sensitivity but i have a large mousepad

Go to Windows Control Panel and Mouse settings. Set the mouse cursor speed to 6 / 11 and disable the enhanced precision. Once that is done, go to your mouse's configuration software and set the DPI as low as possible while still being usable. Finally, adjust sensitivity in games if needed.

@LinusTech you should do as tech quickie on mouse dpi

Good idea. Put it in the Tech Quickie suggestions thread

totally, base on my knowledge dpi just how precise mouse detect movement right?  

I have a large mousepad. It requires more movement, but it's still usable and it's more accurate.

I thought he had but I just looked and couldn't find it. Strange.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

you lift it, its hard if the mouse is heavy and bulky like a wireless logitech

for FPS i use 1200 .acceleration disabled. so in the low sens zone

Go to Windows Control Panel and Mouse settings. Set the mouse cursor speed to 6 / 11 and disable the enhanced precision

oh yeah do this first

Edited by s3ns3

totally, base on my knowledge dpi just how precise mouse detect movement right?  

DPI: Dots per inch. It's the sensitivity to movement, not so much precision. So if you have it set to 400 DPI (or PPI = Pixels per inch) Your cursor will move 400 pixels on screen for every inch of movement of the mouse. 

Yes, Like many other people said here this is a personal preference.

Personally I use 800DPI/1000DPI I might adjust the DPI a little bit higher from the game settings if I play MMO.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

It is mostly a personal preference BUT there is an optimal dpi for a specific sensitivity+monitor resolution+field of view setting -also known as "useful dpi" . That specific dpi is what you want for pixel precise turning in fps games.

There is a page where it can be calculated.

http://www.funender.com/quake/mouse/index.html

Tip: the mouse dpi box is your current dpi setting

You set your dpi as close as possible to this and calculate your new sensitivity here http://www.users.on.net/~frankros/DPI-calc.php

I use 3500dpi at 1080p, but that's the highest my mouse will go. I would probably go higher if I could.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Whatever you are comfortable with. It isn't down to anyone else to tell you what DPI/CPI setting to use. 

Myself, I use 400DPI, recently bumped it up from 250 and 6 in Windows. I like to have a low in game sensitivity to allow for more precise micro movements. 

To put this into concept, in every FPS game, I move my mouse 450mm to do an entire 180. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

8200 DPI w/ my Razer Taipan @ 1080P.   Hybrid Fingertip-Claw Grip.

BF4 PC sens is 7%.

Perfectly usable in-game and on windows 7 for me.

Find your preference.   Speed or Control  and/or Speed with Control if you practice a lot and can adjust without needing to switch back and forth DPI settings.

I focus on controlling the speed and the accuracy follows very soon after.  took me 24 Hrs to get use to 8200 from 3500.  

On my consoles I even play @ 9/10  depending on which games since now its more like 12/14 CoD or even 90% in BF4.

I use 1800dpi on my 1080p monitor. I'm sorta in that sweetspot where its fast enough to do anything very fast without much effort but still very manageable. Because i spend most of my time on the pc i would have horrible pains in my arm.

Has a lot to do with your monitor's resolution and how big your mouse surface is.

I use 2500dpi on a 1440p display, with very little mouse space. It really is all preference. I play fast point and click games like mobas and fewer shooters so I use pretty high dpi.

High dpi only feels smooth if the polling rate on the mouse is good though. 500Hz or 1000Hz, don't settle for anything lower.

Git Gud.