H100i FINALLY Installed - Now, to Replace the Fans

After about a month of struggling and stressing about "properly" mounting my H100i in my Corsair 400R, I was finally able to mount it. I adjusted the radiator to where there will be no interference with my motherboard, put two screws in the mesh, and then held up the end hanging down by zip ties. So far, it works! Now, the idea of trying to get my CPU cooler (even though it's at 65C under 100% load with prime95, and my CPU can't go any higher than 4.3GHz stably) came to mind. I've currently have the stock Corsair fans installed. I have been told that the Noctua NF-F12 fans are the best replacements because they can move up to 93.4 cubic meters per hour. They are quite pricey, which is why I want to see my other options (Currently USD $26.99 @ newegg.com).

-snip-

The stock fans are fine. I believe they are Corsair's SP120. I would suggest those as an option, but seeing as it comes with them, that's my suggestion. :D

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

NF-F12 replacements for noise under load. temperatures will be the same or a

bit warmer. so to you, is it worth the $54 in noise savings at load?

usually the stock fans in quiet mode are acceptable.

Intel i7-7770K | Asus Maximus X Hero  | EVGA GTX980 SuperClocked | 16GB Memory| Samsung 960 EVO M.2 | Corsair RM 750W | Dell 27" S2716DG main display | Dual Dell ST2320L 23" Secondary displays | Windows 10

Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Logitech G502 mouse | Kingston HyperX Cloud headset | Corsair H100i 

93.4 cubic meters per hour

65 cfm is really not that impressive. MANY fans can do over this amount.

If it was 93.4cfm then that would be outstanding.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i just picked up the h100i for my 4790k stock fans (nf-f12s on their way)

i was impressed with the cooling (vs stock intel air cooler) but not so much with the noise... until i realized that theres a quiet setting in corsair link :P

makes a huge difference, sure temps will run higher at 100% vs the default setting but most of the time its idle so it works for me. 

overall its an great AIO product, i'll swap out the fans when they arrive later this week.

The stock fans are fine. I believe they are Corsair's SP120. I would suggest those as an option, but seeing as it comes with them, that's my suggestion. :D

I think they're slightly louder than sp120's.

I think they're slightly louder than sp120's.

They look almost identical. Are they a custom SKU specifically for the H100i?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

They are worse (but they are based on them or a model the SP's are also based on), I replaced my stock corsair with QE SP 120's and noticed a big difference. The stock fans have good SP but poo noise.

They are worse (but they are based on them or a model the SP's are also based on), I replaced my stock corsair with QE SP 120's and noticed a big difference. The stock fans have good SP but poo noise.

So they're a custom SKU specifically for the H100i?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

They look almost identical. Are they a custom SKU specifically for the H100i?

I know that the sp100's have these rubber thingies where the screws would go to dampen vibrations. And I think the "case" (square part surrounding the blades) part of the fan is more sturdy on the sp100's. AFAIK the blades are the same though.

I know that the sp100's have these rubber thingies where the screws would go to dampen vibrations. And I think the "case" (square part surrounding the blades) part of the fan is more sturdy on the sp100's. AFAIK the blades are the same though.

So there shouldn't be that much difference then. I wonder why he's noticing such a drastic change?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

So they're a custom SKU specifically for the H100i?

So there shouldn't be that much difference then. I wonder why he's noticing such a drastic change?

http://www.corsair.com/en/hydro-series-h80i-h100i-sp120l-2700-rpm-replacement-fan

http://www.corsair.com/en/air-series-sp120-pwm-quiet-edition-high-static-pressure-fan

i just picked up the h100i for my 4790k stock fans (nf-f12s on their way)

i was impressed with the cooling (vs stock intel air cooler) but not so much with the noise... until i realized that theres a quiet setting in corsair link :P

makes a huge difference, sure temps will run higher at 100% vs the default setting but most of the time its idle so it works for me. 

overall its an great AIO product, i'll swap out the fans when they arrive later this week.

too bad 2 of them broke withing the first month of use for me.... now on h110 and no problems so far

65 cfm is really not that impressive. MANY fans can do over this amount. While not having to sacrifice most of your wallet.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

65 cfm is really not that impressive. MANY fans can do over this amount. While not having to sacrifice most of your wallet.

Seriously? You can't pay $20 for a fan but you can pay $120 for a liquid cooler?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Seriously? You can't pay $20 for a fan but you can pay $120 for a liquid cooler?

I'm only joking, don't get your knickers in a twist jeez. It's like having fun is outlawed. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I'm only joking, don't get your knickers in a twist jeez. It's like having fun is outlawed. 

sticker,375x360.png

Spoiler

sticker,375x360.png

Y u do dis? 

@Milton_Moore27 get whatever fans you can get. 

so the F12s are in.  to be honest it was a waste of money.  maybe im doing it wrong (running in push like i ran the stock) but they dont seem to make that huge of a difference.  they are quieter at max yes, but if you set corsair link to run the fans in 'quiet' mode they are practically silent at idle and pretty quiet when running cpu tests at max.  

in my case (fractal XL R2) i ran prime95 on the 4790k was at 70C with stock fans, 80C with the F12s.  corsair link had both fans set to quiet.  at idle they were 34C

Yup the stock h100i fans move a lot of air, I run them in quiet mode while light gaming or browsing and windem up if I need to.

They look nice too, what case fans are you using as this can help overall temps a little.

CPU: I74770K @ 4.2, MOBO: ASUS Z87 EXPERT, RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE PRO 16G @ 1886, GPU: EVGA DUAL FTW GTX 780, CASE: NZXT H440 WHITE, STORAGE: 840 EVO 120GB (OS), 1TB SAMSUNG 7200 RPM (MASS), PSU: CORSAIR RM750, DISPLAY: DUAL LG/ACER 1080p LED, COOLING: H100i, STOCK CASE FANS, ACCESS: RAZER DEATH ADDER + GOLIATH PAD, WHITE SLEEVED CABLES, UV LEDS.

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-xl-r2-black-pearl

It came with: (copy paste)

• Front: 1 - 120/140mm fan (included is a hydraulic bearing 140mm Silent Series R2 fan, 1000 RPM speed); 
  • Rear: 1 - 120/140mm fan (included is a hydraulic bearing 140mm Silent Series R2 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
  • Bottom: 1 - 120/140mm fan (included is a hydraulic bearing 140mm Silent Series R2 fan, 1000 RPM speed)

Front has room for 2 fans, I took out the one it came with and put in 2 noctuas

I picked up along side these F12s.  Wanted to see what all the fuss is about.