We must stop using the term "next-gen"

APrettyCoolWalrus
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

lol maybe a different term would hurt a console player's feelings more than what they thing their console is.

"shit-gen"

I'm just saying that you're no less of a person or a gamer for just wanting to play the damn game and not do it the hard way.

"I would go as far as to say console gamers are the "real" gamers here"

But we should really stay on topic, not compare PS4/ Xbone to PC. What I want is to get rid of the term next gen and for people to use the term current gen when talking about the PS4 and Xbone. 

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

"I would go as far as to say console gamers are the "real" gamers here"

But we should really stay on topic, not compare PS4/ Xbone to PC. What I want is to get rid of the term next gen and for people to use the term current gen when talking about the PS4 and Xbone

"real" with quotation marks.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Christ on a bike, someone seems to have over-reacted.

Sorry, it's been pissing me off lately.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Sorry, it's been pissing me off lately.

I noticed.

Just so you know, I've no problem with consoles, in fact, I recently made a post explaining how consoles are a better option for some people and PCs are better for some people.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I noticed.

Just so you know, I've no problem with consoles, in fact, I recently made a post explaining how consoles are a better option for some people and PCs are better for some people.

No problem. Just all the people in page one really got me steamed and I've been meaning to write a post like that lately.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

"real" with quotation marks.

SORRY! how about an update, all I really did was CTRL-C and CTRL-V with that bit of text and put quotation marks around it.

"I would go as far as to say console gamers are the 'real' gamers here"

Or I could've just edited it....

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

It's strange that they're still making near enough every new title for the PS3 and Xbox 360 as well. Maybe it just shows how small of a jump these new consoles were, people aren't bothering to switch. 

You were too young in 2005 to notice.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

SORRY! how about an update, all I really did was CTRL-C and CTRL-V with that bit of text and put quotation marks around it.

"I would go as far as to say console gamers are the 'real' gamers here"

No no, they were right the first time.

There were quotation marks to emphasize that by definition anyone who plays games is a gamer whereas console gamers appreciate the games more and PC gamers appreciate the hardware more.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

No problem. Just all the people in page one really got me steamed and I've been meaning to write a post like that lately.

Well on a mostly PC user forum, that is what you should expect.

It's all just a bit of a laugh in the end, the best way is to just take everything with a pinch of salt.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Well on a mostly PC user forum, that is what you should expect. But it's inappropriate, immature, ignorant, and juvenile bullying. Do you want us to be that forum? We're better than that.

It's all just a bit of a laugh in the end, the best way is to just take everything with a pinch of salt. That's what a bully says after he insults someone and finds it funny.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

No no, they were right the first time.

There were quotation marks to emphasize that by definition anyone who plays games is a gamer whereas console gamers appreciate the games more and PC gamers appreciate the hardware more.

I understand. Careful what you say though. PC players are just as sensitive as console players. Don't assume anything about anyone.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ugh this thread has turned into a mess...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I understand. Careful what you say though. PC players are just as sensitive as console players. Don't assume anything about anyone.

Bullshit. I'll say what I want. You're an ass if you disagree with my first post.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Well on a mostly PC user forum, that is what you should expect. But it's inappropriate, immature, ignorant, and juvenile bullying. Do you want us to be that forum? We're better than that.

It's all just a bit of a laugh in the end, the best way is to just take everything with a pinch of salt. That's what a bully says after he insults someone and finds it funny.

Okay, fine. I'm done with you now. I'm going to watch Nerd3

lol maybe a different term would hurt a console player's feelings more than what they thing their console is.

"shit-gen"

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Bullshit. I'll say what I want. You're an ass if you disagree with my first post.

looks-like-we-got-a-badass-over-here_des

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Your a very aggressive person, first you call everyone out, then you call everyone who disagrees a ass, I disagree and in fact I'm a nice person not a ass. I don't agree also. So I'm a ass now? That's very characteristic of George W. Bush on the war on terror, your either with us or against us. No wrong I don't have a side.

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

Your a very aggressive person, first you call everyone out, then you call everyone who disagrees a ass, I disagree and in fact I'm a nice person not a ass. I don't agree also. So I'm a ass now? That's very characteristic of George W. Bush on the war on terror, your either with us or against us. No wrong I don't have a side.

Except by not having a side you're calling both sides equally valid, which they aren't.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Except by not having a side you're calling both sides equally valid, which they aren't.

But they are, everyone has the right to form there own opinions on things, if their opinion is consoles suck, then you respect there right to believe in such a way. If they believe what you said, then you shall respect that right as well.

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

But they are, everyone has the right to form there own opinions on things, if there opinion is consoles suck, then you respect there right to believe in such a way. If they believe what you said, then you shall respect that right as well.

They have the right to, but essentially what you're saying there is that it's not illegal to share their opinion. That's the ultimate concession.

They aren't equally valid because one involves discrimination and one does not.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

They have the right to, but essentially what you're saying there is that it's not illegal to share their opinion. That's the ultimate concession.

They aren't equally valid because one involves discrimination and one does not.

If you respect that right, you won't call them wrong.

If you respect that right, you won't call them wrong.

Yes I can. My right to say that is protected by the same amendment. You have a flawed understanding. http://xkcd.com/1357/

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Yes I can. My right to say that is protected by the same amendment. You have a flawed understanding. http://xkcd.com/1357/

That is a valid point, good talk sir

That is a valid point, good talk sir

Good talk.

:D

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /