We must stop using the term "next-gen"

APrettyCoolWalrus
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

lol maybe a different term would hurt a console player's feelings more than what they thing their console is.

"shit-gen"

We are not console users.

And yet... we find ourselves in the console subforum. 

What you mean last gen? they will always be last generation. not in comparison to anything, just last outright in every way possible.

Edit: Actually I like shit-gen better. "now with 30% more gen!"

Edit 2: if you bought a console (this "gen", you are in fact an ass, you support the dumbing down of society.....asses

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Xbone, PS4 = Next-gen

PC = MASTER-GEN!!!1

Yes I can. My right to say that is protected by the same amendment. You have a flawed understanding. http://xkcd.com/1357/

I'm from Australia so I ave no rights to either freedom of speech or affiliation. So here goes my rant:

Consoles are what they are, If you think they are worse than they are you are a wanker, If you think they are better than actually they are your also a wanker.  In fact if you think to much about it, you're probably a wanker  :blink: :ph34r:

EDIT: by this definition I'm probably wanker, but meh, what ya gunna do?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Bullshit. I'll say what I want. You're an ass if you disagree with my first post.

Yes, you'll say what you want. You'll also be an ass for having that attitude towards everyone who simply has an opinion different from yours. By extension, I can also sh*t on you all I want in response to your complete disregard for others. In a civilized manner, and within the confines of the forum rules, that is.

Did I also thank you for suggesting a 212 EVO for my 500GR despite my firm, specific refusal of recommendations of the 212 EVO and other 120mm tower coolers? Sooner or later you're going to have to learn to get along respectfully. I also completely understand the rationale behind consoles because I find it much easier to fire up BF3 on the Xbox compared to having to scour the serverlist and deal with buggy Battlelog Web Plugins on my rig, but console advocacy and PC condemnation are two different things, especially in a PC-centred forum like this.

Yes, you'll say what you want. You'll also be an ass for having that attitude towards everyone who simply has an opinion different from yours. By extension, I can also sh*t on you all I want in response to your complete disregard for others. In a civilized manner, and within the confines of the forum rules, that is.

Did I also thank you for suggesting a 212 EVO for my 500GR despite my firm, specific refusal of recommendations of the 212 EVO and other 120mm tower coolers? Sooner or later you're going to have to learn to get along respectfully. I also completely understand the rationale behind consoles because I find it much easier to fire up BF3 on the Xbox compared to having to scour the serverlist and deal with buggy Battlelog Web Plugins on my rig, but console advocacy and PC condemnation are two different things, especially in a PC-centred forum like this.

Well you clearly didn't read my previous posts because I agree with you about consoles, and it's completely irrational to act the way most people do on this forum about them. Look at what the OP selected as the best answer to this thread. I don't condemn PCs, I own a PC and don't actually own any consoles. My original post was completely, objectively correct in every respect, so you're right. If you disagree, you're not an ass, you're just practicing blind ignorance.

Why you'd even bring up the 212 Evo thing is beyond me, if I didn't apologize for it then I apologize for it now, I was tired and still am. It was an honest mistake, is that a problem to you? I almost feel like it's to divert attention from the fact that you don't have anything else to say against me.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Well you clearly didn't read my previous posts because I agree with you about consoles, and it's completely irrational to act the way most people do on this forum about them. Look at what the OP selected as the best answer to this thread. I don't condemn PCs, I own a PC and don't actually own any consoles. My original post was completely, objectively correct in every respect, so you're right. If you disagree, you're not an ass, you're just practicing blind ignorance.

Why you'd even bring up the 212 Evo thing is beyond me, if I didn't apologize for it then I apologize for it now, I was tired and still am. It was an honest mistake, is that a problem to you? I almost feel like it's to divert attention from the fact that you don't have anything else to say against me.

#pcmasterraceproblems

#pcmasterraceproblems

The problem is that video misses the whole point of consoles which is to provide a stable platform on which devs can optimize their games better. I don't think anyone contends that you could build a better PC for as much or less but that's not the experience that people who buy a console are looking for. They want to pop in a disc, pick up a controller, and play.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The problem is that video misses the whole point of consoles which is to provide a stable platform on which devs can optimize their games better. I don't think anyone contends that you could build a better PC for as much or less but that's not the experience that people who buy a console are looking for. They want to pop in a disc, pick up a controller, and play.

We get that, the problem is that they're preference for a limited form factor has affected the business as a whole, negatively. See watchdogs/farcry4/thedivision for my point.

That's our problem, it's not marketed as stable, its marketed as the best, and as such, they will handicap the rest, lest the console gamers realize they've been had, also, the term next gen is obviously outright misleading and wrong. The correct term would be (and I'm just guessing, for a five year old gpu) "five gens behind"

We get that, the problem is that they're preference for a limited form factor has affected the business as a whole, negatively. See watchdogs/farcry4/thedivision for my point.

That's our problem, it's not marketed as stable, its marketed as the best, and as such, they will handicap the rest, lest the console gamers realize they've been had, also, the term next gen is obviously outright misleading and wrong. The correct term would be (and I'm just guessing, for a five year old gpu) "five gens behind"

Developers realize it's not the best. You can't fault the Xbox One for Watch Dogs on PC, it's Ubisoft's fault for being a lazy ass and not making a real version of the game for PC.

Console gamers know they aren't getting the best experience. They aren't looking for the best experience, they're looking for fun. If they were looking for the best experience, the Wii would not have gone viral and an entire switch over to motion gaming in the industry as a whole would not have happened. The Wii was revolutionary, like it or not, but it wasn't revolutionary because it had the best graphics or the most FPS or the best AAA titles, it was revolutionary because it put fun and user experience in front of those things. You can't fault consoles for wanting to do that.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

That's capitalism, show me a product anywhere in the world that is not marketed as "the best" and I'll show you a redundant product with a short life expectancy.   A company that wants to survive will follow the money,  If that means pc gamers miss out then that's what it means.  If you want to do something about it you need to find a way to make high res high FPS pc games more profitable than console games.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.