EA Statement regarding no pools or toddlers in The Sims 4

CGurrell

Pompous much? Sorry to burst your bubble where you feel like you done something important, but you really didn't. You could've posted your opinion in that thread instead of acting like you're breaking news, therefore it is relevant. 

I wasn't acting like it was breaking news... I reported a story (Without simply copying and pasting), then gave my opinion, and asked for thoughts on the subject itself (i.e. created a discussion). If I'd have posted the thread as "BREAKING NEWS: EA ARE C**** AND ARE REMOVING POOLS AND TODDLERS", and then simply highlighted the whole of KitGuru's article, hit ctrl+C, and hit ctrl+V and posted it, then I'd agree with you...

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

I believe that the pools in the Sims 3 were part of a patch (Around the time when generations came out), so you didn't need to buy a expansion pack.  I bet there going to do the same with the Sims 4.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

EA is in the right.  Everyone needs to calm down.

Modelling and animating babies is a difficult and downright frightening task.  Ubisoft was right all along when they effectively said it was near impossible to add female assassins to AC Unity.  In fact, as a developer in the game industry, I can confirm that it is downright demonic to add such things to games.  It would basically anger the almighty deities.

Only a fool would add toddlers to their projects, and you had better believe it.

EA is in the right.  Everyone needs to calm down.

Modelling and animating babies is a difficult and downright frightening task.  Ubisoft was right all along when they effectively said it was near impossible to add female assassins to AC Unity.  In fact, as a developer in the game industry, I can confirm that it is downright demonic to add such things to games.  It would basically anger the almighty deities.

Only a fool would add toddlers to their projects, and you had better believe it.

But at the same time, they planned for this to be in the game, and then went back on that. Besides, I think people are more annoyed by the fact Pools are being removed, to likely be added in later as DLC.

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

I get that, I really do, but pools have been included in the sims since the sims 1 as far as I remember. Surely removing them now is just a kick in the teeth of the consumer?

Maybe I was too vague, I agree that it is a further step in the wrong direction, but my post meant that that very thing is more or less to be expected out of a conservative game publisher.

I mean holding back the kids/toddler stage or whatever, that came with expansion packs in at least some of the games, didn't it?  The pool terrain not being there is just plain weird, yeah, it's been there in all three games from the start.  If I build myself a mansion in my life simulator, I'd probably want to put a pool in.  Not to even mention the neighbour killing abilities (or did they take that out yet?)

Perhaps the focus of the series is shifting.  It used to be a mixture of house building and life simulation but based on articles there seems to be an increase in focus towards lifestyle/emotion stuff?

This isn't really an issue of morality in either case.  Maxis can put whatever it wants in its video game, the question is do these actions make a consumer (loyal Sims player or possible new player) more likely or less likely to buy Sims 4?

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Maybe I was too vague, I agree that it is a further step in the wrong direction, but my post meant that that very thing is more or less to be expected out of a conservative game publisher.

I mean holding back the kids/toddler stage or whatever, that came with expansion packs in at least some of the games, didn't it?  The pool terrain not being there is just plain weird, yeah, it's been there in all three games from the start.  If I build myself a mansion in my life simulator, I'd probably want to put a pool in.  Not to even mention the neighbour killing abilities (or did they take that out yet?)

Perhaps the focus of the series is shifting.  It used to be a mixture of house building and life simulation but based on articles there seems to be an increase in focus towards lifestyle/emotion stuff?

This isn't really an issue of morality in either case.  Maxis can put whatever it wants in its video game, the question is do these actions make a consumer (loyal Sims player or possible new player) more likely or less likely to buy Sims 4?

I would say there is a slight issue of morality, as EA are pretty much charging you extra to get the updated version of what they had before (i.e. to get what you had in the sims 3, you have to buy the sims 4 and an additional add-on/DLC), and I think the reason for this is that EA know that certain people will buy the new sims game no matter what

Honestly, I can see there being a chance there was a legitimate reason toddlers were not included - Their behaviours would be entirely different to adults and children, and as such they may have put them aside to focus on updating the rest of the game. Not including pools is an obvious money grab.

However, EA have a track record of not caring for their customers. They should have thought long and hard and realised that fans expected at least the same things they had in the previous sims, and more, rather than (what is looking to be) a chopped up torso with limbs available as DLC.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

They've removed two things I never cared about and improved the game considerably in almost every other way - I have no reason to complain.

The EA and Ubisoft hatred that's been going around the PC gaming community lately is just absurd. The majority of the criticism is derived from blatant ignorance of how game development works and the methods a developer must go through before releasing their game...

Never really got into the sims games.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

They will put it back in as a DLC. Trus me.

I thought they already said that :S The first thing i ever heard which was like a week ago was Sims 4 base game will not have toddlers or pools but will come in DLC :S

Even if everyone gets pissed off about this, they'll add it back in as a patch and pretend they aren't the bad guys, and then everyone will stop complaining, even about all the other crap they will do, and EA will continue their path to the dark side.

Public Service Announcement: Want to stop the trend towards microtransactions and DLC? Stop. Fucking. Buying. It. It will go away. The companies will change. The problem is, you don't stop buying it.

K...

Why are badly rendered toddlers this much of a thing to be upset over? The Sims is also buggy with pools and the dumb AI around them. I fail to see how this is worth being this upset over. 

Public Service Announcement: Want to stop the trend towards microtransactions and DLC? Stop. Fucking. Buying. It. It will go away. The companies will change. The problem is, you don't stop buying it.

Kids'll get their parents to buy DLC though, kids don't give a single shit about anything.  Most kids have no idea what's going on around them they just NEED THAT DRAGON IKEA DLC RIGHT NOW MOM.

It'll be a good while before DLC disappears.

On that note, I never bought any Sim City DLC.  I did get the expansion pack though.  Gotta reward that good behaviour.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD